About IISER Bhopal
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal (IISER Bhopal) was established in 2008. IISERs were created through a proclamation of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to promote quality education and research in science and related areas. IISER Bhopal is an institute of national importance under the NIT (Amendment) Act, 2012. Each IISER is a degree-granting autonomous institute. The institute has 10 academic departments: Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Earth & Environmental Sciences; Mathematics; Physics; Chemical Engineering; Data Science and Engineering; Electrical Engg. & Computer Science; Economic Sciences; Humanities & Social Sciences. IISER Bhopal offers BS, BS and MS Dual Degree, PhD and PhD Integrated programmes.
IISER Bhopal is located at Bhopal Bypass Road, Bhauri, Madhya Pradesh. Raja Bhoj Airport is the closest airport to the institute, located 11.1 km away. Nearest railway station to the institute is Bakanian Bhauri Railway Station, located 4 km away and the closest bus station is Bhopal Habibganj-ISBT Bus Stand, located 12.6 km away.
IISER Bhopal has signed MOU with the following institutions:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Institute of Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Chonnam National University, Korea
- Invictus Oncology Pvt. Ltd.
- Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Korea
- ICAR - National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases, Bhopal (NIHSAD)
- The Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG), Germany
- ExoCan Healthcare Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen, Germany
- Shell Technology Centre, Bangalore
- WPI Immunology Frontier Research Centre, Osaka University, Japan
- L. N. Medical College and Research Centre, Bhopal
- Navodaya Cancer Hospital, Bhopal
- University of Tromso-The Arctic University of Norway (UIT)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- University of Turku, Finland
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (TIFR)
- CLEEN Ltd., Finland
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Finance Committee- This committee of IISER Bhopal takes care of all the finances of the institute. All the finances are sanctioned by this committee and it keeps records of all the finances.
- Anti-Ragging Committee- This committee of IISER Bhopal works for preventing ragging in the institute. It spreads awareness of the consequences of indulging in ragging and takes strict actions against those found guilty in ragging.
- Career Development and Placement Council- This Cell of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal helps fulfil students’ aspirations by helping them choose the right careers based on their interests and inclinations. It helps students in choosing their future careers, prepares them for placements, invites companies to the campus for recruitments.
IISER Bhopal Highlights
IISER Bhopal Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 3.77 Lakhs
- Total Fees: 3.77 Lakhs
- Total Fees: 3.77 Lakhs
- Total Fees: 3.77 Lakhs
IISER Bhopal Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal (IISER Bhopal) is one of the 7 IISERs created by the Government of India. IISER Bhopal offers BS, BS and MS Dual Degree, PhD and PhD Integrated programmes through its 10 academic departments: Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Earth & Environmental Sciences; Mathematics; Physics; Chemical Engineering; Data Science and Engineering; Electrical Engg. & Computer Science; Economic Sciences; Humanities & Social Sciences. The admission to these programmes is based on three channels, which include JEE Advanced or KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) fellowship or State and Central Board Channel (SCB). Candidates have to appear for any one of these exams. Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore conducts Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY). It is a national-level scholarship programme for meritorious students to pursue courses in basic sciences. KVPY aspirants need to submit their application online, through the website Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana and appear for the online entrance exam KVPY. Candidates appearing through the State and Central Board Channel (SCB), have to appear for IISER Aptitude Test. The admission to PhD programmes and Integrated PhD programmes are based on the performance of students in the screening test followed by an interview. The complete details about the exams and admission procedure are shared further. The reading of the further article will give you a complete understanding of the admission process.
IISER Bhopal admission for BS/BS-MS Dual Degree:
Admission will be offered through 3 channels: KVPY/JEE/State and Central Boards.
Candidates applying through KVPY channel need to have KVPY fellowship and candidates applying through JEE channel need to have JEE Advanced rank below 10,000.
Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on the IISER Admission website (www.iiseradmission.in).
Candidates applying through State and Central Boards channel have to appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT).
Admission will be offered through IISER Counselling based on KVPY fellowship/JEE Advanced rank/IISER Aptitude Test marks.
The separate merit list will be prepared for three channels and candidates have to visit the institute accordingly and complete the admission process, which includes documents verification and fee payment.
IISER Bhopal admission for PhD:
Candidates have to apply for online admission through IISER Bhopal website.
Shortlisting of candidates will be done by the institute based on their academic records.
Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
Final selection will be done based on performance in past academics, Written Test and/or Personal Interview.
IISER Bhopal admission Integrated PhD:
IISER Bhopal offers Integrated PhD programme in Mathematics and Physics
Candidates have to apply for admission online on IISER Bhopal website.
Screening of applications will be done by the institute and candidates will be shortlisted.
Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a Personal Interview.
IISER Bhopal Placements
Engineering and Architecture (Dual Degree)
IISER Bhopal Student Reviews
An excellent place to study and prepare for further studies
Overall it's great.
IISER Bhopal Facilities
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal (IISER Bhopal) has the facilities of the central library, computer centre, central instrumentation facility, hostel, health centres and e-classrooms. In short IISER Bhopal is equipped with all the modern facilities:
- IISER Bhopal Central Library- The central library of the institute has about 10,000 books, subscription to 410 e-journals. It has documents in Computer Science, History of Science, light reading materials, fictions, stories, general books, encyclopedias and dictionaries, magazines etc. Library operations are automated using KOHA Library Management Software. All library collection can be accessed through Web-OPAC.
- Computer Centre: It provides seamless gigabit network connectivity to the entire campus. Internet access is provided by a dedicated Internet link of 1 Gbps and 720 Mbps from two different ISPs. There are two InfiniBand Linux clusters in which Tier-2 data Centre host a 132 compute nodes of Infiniband cluster with login and management nodes where each node has 2 Intel Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHz processors with 64GB RAM along with a 100 TB SAS-based storage system that provides compute performance up to 44 TFLOPS.
- Central Instrumentation Facility: It provides state-of-the-art equipment and instruments required for research. Facilities include NMR facility with Bruker AVANCE-III 500 MHz and 400 MHz FT NMR spectrometers, a Bruker microTOF QII high-resolution mass spectrometer which is coupled to Waters Acquity UPLC system, single crystal X-ray Diffractometer (3-circle) having low temperature facility, high-resolution field emission scanning electron microscope, ultrafast laser system, an agilent PL-GPC50 Plus Integrated SEC/GPC system with triple detectors, Beckman Coulter Delso Nano C instrument, Thermogravimetric analyser, Isothermal Titration Calorimeter, Differential Scanning Calorimeter, CHNSO Analyzer etc.
- Visitors' Hostel: IISER Bhopal hostel has been established for the visitors of the college. Excellent accommodation, dining and conference facilities have been provided in visitors' hostel. It has single rooms, double rooms, suites and studio apartments.
- Health Center: IISER Bhopal Health Center is equipped with Automated external defibrillator for emergency situations. Emergency services are available round the clock with routine OPD services. One ambulance is always there for emergency referral cases. Medical officers and nurses are available all the time.
- Pre-school and Creche: Pre-school and Creche have been established in the institute for pre-school children of the institute community who are getting ready for schooling and after-school kids. It has an audio-visual room, library, sleeping area, play area, and classrooms.
- E-Classrooms: IISER Bhopal has a virtual classroom, which was established with an advance learning environment with a seating capacity of 94. It has high-speed internet, supplicated video conferencing devices, and other technologies to help in classroom teaching. It facilitates modern and interactive learning and teaching.
(Rank 73rd in Public/Govt.)
IISER Bhopal Gallery
Questions related to IISER Bhopal
what is the gate 2021 score Or rank needed to get interview call from iiser bhopal for PhD in Chemistry?
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) is a research institute located in Bhurai, Bhopal. For admission in IISER for PhD in chemistry the rank range remains between AIR 50–700. For more information you can visit the following link:
Can I do M. Tech from IIT after Completing BS in IISER Bhopal?
Since you have already completed the BS IISER course , you will be able to complete the project work within one year and graduate with MS . If you will freshly apply for m tech , it will take two more years. It will not also be so beneficial.
You can apply for an external final project while still being a student of IISER.
still if you want to do m tech from IIT there are exit options after fourth year but you should complete since it is BS- MS integrated.
If I will admission into iiser bhopal for chemical engineering then I will get kvpy fellowship if I crack kvpy
I think you mean Chemical Sciences/Chemistry. There are no Chemical Engineering courses in IISER, all courses are under a structured Bachelor of Science and Master of Science Curriculum.
Secondly, yes you will recieve your KVPY Scholarship during the course of your degree once enrolled, provided you crack KVPY SA/SX/SB.
my obc jee rank is 133000 can i get IISER bhopal please tell acurrately confirmly my state board marks is 496 can i go through scb channel tell confirm my domicile is of madya Pradesh bhopal
IISER ADMISSION PROCESS
KVPY Channel : Candidates need to have a valid rank in KVPY to get admission through this channel.
JEE Advanced Channel : Candidates need to have rank within 10000 in JEE Advanced in order to enter through JEE Advanced.
SCB Channel : Candidates need to have a valid score which must be greater than cutoff marks in IISER Aptitute Test.
Hope you understand. All the best.
what is the probable cut off for iiser b this year
Asoke Kumar Giri , If you want to know about the cutoff of iiser b this year 2020 then You can visit the careers360 page here: https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/iiser-merit-list-and-cutoff
Hope you will understand and got your answer also :)
IISER Bhopal Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: