|30 Apr, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|31 Mar, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|26 Oct, 2018||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: National Brain Research Centre, Gurgaon
This is a two-year programme. During the first year, Masters students at NBRC have to go through an intensive course-work which provides them a firm grounding in molecular, systems, computational and cognitive neuroscience. Practical courses are also included for a hands-on experience with various techniques which are used in modern neuroscience research. In their second year, students select a lab to do a full time research project. You might be eligible to switch to the Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programme of NBRC after successfully completing the requirements for the M.Sc. programme.
All the students are provided a fellowship of 12,000 per month.
If you fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to our M.Sc. programme, you need to appear for Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences 2019 (JGEEBILS 2019). Selected candidates will be called for interview.
A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award Master of Science in Neuroscience should meet the following criteria from a university recognized by the competent authority in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer applications / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science / Psychology / Engineering / Technology / Medicine from a recognized Institute / University.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- At least 55% (50% for SC / ST / PH candidates) marks or equivalent grade or grade point average from secondary (10th) examination onwards is required. Candidates should calculate their percentage up to two decimal points to determine their eligibility.
* Reservation / Concessions for SC / ST / PH candidates will be as per rules of Government of India / UGC.