|06 Feb, 2021||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|08 Jan, 2021||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
|NID DAT||19 Jun, 2021||Result - Prelims | Mode: Online|
|14 Mar, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|04 Mar, 2021||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|21 Feb, 2021 - 23 Feb, 2021||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|17 Feb, 2021 - 20 Feb, 2021||Late Fee Application | Mode: Online|
|09 Jan, 2021 - 17 Feb, 2021||Application - without late fees | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: National Institute of Design Ahmedabad
The four-year-long Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) in Animation Film Design programme is offered only at National Institute of Design Ahmedabad.
The Indian Animation industry is now opening up to original ideas to mark its own identity in the global animation map. For this, there is an ever-increasing demand for trained human resources and thinking minds as animators, content creators, and mentors. Animation programme at NID, since its inception, has always nurtured and mentored uniqueness both in the global and the local context. The objective of this programme is to enable students to find solutions to complex problems in various fields of communication design using animation film making as a creative medium.
An initial part of the 1st semester, students get introduced to basic design skills and topics for a broader understanding of subject and context of design education before they get introduced to knowledge areas pertaining to animation design in particular, as well as communication in its social and cultural contexts. In the later semesters, students are exposed to a workshop and project mode of learning where they experiment with various mediums (e.g. 2D,3D, Clay, Mixed Media, Pixilation, Experimental, Graphic Narratives, etc.) to tell animation stories of many kinds. In addition, for students’ experiential learning, cross-disciplinary campus life, NID Film Club, Action Analysis, Field Visits, Case Study and other interactive sessions always give a value-added experience.
Admission to all of the design courses is on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the two-stages of Design Aptitude Test. The objective of these exams is to assess the knowledge, skills and behavioral abilities of candidates.
Stage 1: Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims
Stage 2: Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains
All applicants applying for the B.Des. programmes must fulfill the criteria of both age and education qualification.
- For Indian Nationals in General Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as on 30 June. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST)): Upper age limit for candidates is 23 years as on 30 June. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1996 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 25 years as on 30 June. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1994 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as on 30 June. Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission.
Applicants who have passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent.
- Candidates must have passed their Class XII examination (higher secondary (10+2)) or equivalent at the in-person counseling scheduled in June.
- Any candidate who has not passed their final board exam or equivalent before the in-person counseling will not be eligible for admission.