- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time Doctoral program and it is offered by National Law University, Cuttack. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- Eligible candidates may apply in the full time or part time categories in the prescribed format published on the University website after payment of application fees as determined by the University from time to time.
- Submitted application forms will to be screened and candidates found eligible will be required to appear for an entrance examination on Sunday, July 01, 2018 in NLUO campus only.
- Along with the application the candidate shall submit (a) An outline of the scheme of research intended for the thesis; (b) Chapter wise synopsis of the proposed work in about 2000 words; (c) A certificate from the institution concerned testifying length of service, wherever required; (d) an attested photocopy of LL.M., M.Phil, M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, M.B.A. Degrees whichever is applicable, along with mark sheet, and (e) One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books if any.
- The University shall conduct a Research Entrance Test (NLUORET) for the candidates who have applied for the admission in Ph.D. program in NLUO.
- The NLUORET shall be of 2 hours duration, carrying 200 marks based on multiple choice questions and questions requiring descriptive answers. Questions shall be from Research Methodology and Law.
- Provided a candidate who has passed NET/JRF exam conducted by the UGC or has a Ph.D. or M.Phil degree in any discipline mentioned in Rule 2 above need not appear for the entrance test of 200 marks. Such a candidate may directly come for the presentation of the Research proposal before the Doctoral Committee as given in Rule 4.5.
- Candidates who secure minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test may be called for the presentation of Research Proposal before the Doctoral Committee consisting of internal and external experts constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
- Provided, notwithstanding anything above for candidates who are not from law field would be selected on the basis of the combined result of entrance test and presentation before the Doctoral Committee.
- If the Doctoral Committee finds a candidate suitable for pursuing Ph.D. Degree Programme, the candidate shall be allowed to register for the Ph.D. program on the payment of prescribed fee.
- NLUO Ph.D. admission test, coursework and Ph.D. thesis shall be in English language only.
- In case a research scholar of another University relocates and has obtained fresh admission in NLUO, the research done by such candidate in the previous institution if approved by the Doctoral Committee at the time of presentation of the Research Proposal can be transferred and research on the same topic can be continued in NLUO provided due acknowledgement shall be given to the earlier guide.
- An applicant seeking admission to Ph.D. programme must have Master’s Degree in Law from any recognised University securing not less than 55% marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Degree in Law and a Master’s Degree in Social Science or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognised University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent grade; or
- Obtained a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Management Studies from any recognised University with 55% marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience or Ph.D. in any discipline.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) and differently abled candidates a relaxation of 5% marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be done