- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam
For Men Candidates only
The programme is designed to equip students with potential to serve in positions of responsibility with the government, the corporate sector, universities and research institutions. The set of courses offered fall into core courses and electives. The core courses are intended to provide well-balanced training in economic theory, contemporary economic problems and quantitative methodology so as to build the essential tools for economic analysis of problems arising in a variety of contexts. The elective courses from the economics stream deal with application of economic theory and econometrics to address practical issues in a range of fields like demography, labour, industry, agriculture, development, education and health economics. The elective courses from financial economics deal with the allocation and deployment of economic resources, both spatially and across time, in an uncertain environment. In both streams, the electives enable the students to acquire more advanced training in branches of their choice.
› Students have an option to specialize in Applied Economics or Financial Economics
Admission are based on the entrance test and interview conducted by Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam.
- 10+2 years of schooling and 3 years of university (total 15 years) as recognized by SSSIHL
- Either passed or appeared for Final exams at Bachelor’s degree level before the date of Admissions Test
- Bachelor’s degree: 50% or more (English) and 60% or more (Aggregate incl. English) or CGPA aggregate of 6 or more (10-point scale) and 5 or more (10-point scale) in English.
- (If not appeared for Bachelor’s degree final exams, aggregate marks in all the preceding Years/Semesters put together marks will be considered)
- Age: preferably below 23 years as of 31st May in the year of admission