Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management is a deemed university having one of its campuses located in Vishakapatnam. GITAM was established in 1980 by Dr M. V. V. S. Murthi. The Vishakapatnam campus of GITAM offers courses in different streams like engineering, management, pharmacy, law, and various other fields. GITAM has been recognised by University Grant Commission (UGC) and has been approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
The Vishakapatnam campus of GITAM University is located at Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Vishakapatnam. The nearest railway station is Visakhapatnam Junction which is located at a distance of 15.1 km from GITAM University. Visakhapatnam International Airport is located 24.2 km away from the university. Maddilapalem Bus Depot is the nearby bus depot located 12.8 km away from the GITAM University.
Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Accredited by The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Business School, University of Glasgow
- Abertay University
- Binghamton University
- Central Michigan University
- University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Indian Institute of Science
- Vikarma Subhapuri University
- The University of Texas
- West Virginia University
- University of Windsor
- Florida International University
- Northern Illinois University
- University of the Virgin Islands
- University of Basel
- HSBC Bank
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Ananth Technologies
- SAP India
- Lauras Labs
- HDFC Bank
- Hurix Systems
- National Instruments
- Symbiosis Technologies
- British Council
- Confederations of Indian Industry
- National Stock Exchange
- World Noni Research Foundation
- Department of Biotechnology, India
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT)
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
- Andhra Pradesh State Sericulture Research and Development Institute (APSSRDI)
- Central Institute of Tool Design
- National Council of Rural Institute (NCRI)
- Stanford University
- AP Electronics and IT Agency
- Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority
- Government of Karnataka
- Society of Energy, Environment, and Development
Clubs, Committees and Societies
GITAM Centre for Incubation and Entrepreneurship Development (GCIED): This is the entrepreneurship club of the university. The club promotes various students towards choosing entrepreneurship as their career path and helps to make them successful and achieve excellence.
GUSAC: GITAM University Science and Activity Centre organises various activities in the field of science and technology.
RACG: Rotaract Club of GITAM is the university club which promotes various to serve the community through various services and social outreach.
Kalakrithi: This is the cultural club of GITAM. The club brings out various talent in the field of music, dance dramatics and various activities throughout the academic year.
G-Studio: This is the photography club of GITAM. This club is formed by the students of GITAM and invites various skilful and creative students to develop talent in photography.
NCC: A National Cadet Corps unit is present within the campus of GITAM university. NCC promotes various students in the university to join the Indian Army and serve their country.
NSS: The aim of the National Service Scheme is to promote various students to provide community services in the society.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 27 Mar 2022 and the score is 3.53 .
Exams and Cutoffs
GITAM University offers B.Tech, MBA, B.Sc, BBA, BCA and various law and nursing-related courses. Various branches in which B.Tech is offered include biotechnology, engineering, computer science, information technology, electrical, electronics, mechanical and various other branches. Admission to various B.Tech courses will be done on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in GITAM Admission Test (GAT)/JEE Main/AP EAMCET. Candidates who to seek admission in MBA programme have to apply first and afterwards, will be shortlisted for further admission process on the basis of their performance in GIM Online Test/CAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT/ICET/TCET. Candidates who are interested to take admission in any law-related courses have to appear in LSAT/CLAT on the basis of which registered candidates will be offered admission. Admission to various non-professional courses will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination. Admission to PhD and M.Phil will be done on the basis of GATE/UGC-NET/ICMR / GATE / GPAT / SLET or the entrance test conducted by GITAM after which the shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Admission processes to various courses offered by GITAM university are discussed below step-by-step:
- Admission to these courses will be done through the GITAM Admission Test
- For B.Tech courses, candidates can also apply through other entrance examinations like JEE Main, AP EAMCET or TS EAMCET.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme through an online application process.
- Candidates have to appear for the entrance test (GAT (UGPT)/JEE Mains/AP EAMCET)
- A merit list will be prepared for different programmes on the basis of the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance tests.
- Admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance tests.
- Admission to MBA programme will be done through GIM Online Test GOT (conducted by GITAM) or any other national level aptitude test which is CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT/ICET/TCET.
- Based on the scores of any of the above-mentioned exams, candidates have to apply for admission at GITAM's official website. Candidates seeking admission through GIM Online Test GOT have to apply separately before appearing for the test.
- Selected candidates will be contacted through mail within one week from the date of GD & PI. Qualified candidates have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- These selected candidates will have to report to the college for the fee payment. After fee payment, these candidates will be sent a provisional admission letter.
- Admission will be confirmed after documents verification at the time of reporting for class.
M.Phil & PhD
- Candidates have to apply for the programmes through the online application process.
- Candidates have to appear for the entrance test conducted by GITAM.
- Candidates who have qualified or have a valid score in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / ICMR / GATE / GPAT / SLET need not appear in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates based on the test have to further appear for the interview process.
- Admission will be done on the basis of score obtained in the entrance test and performance in the interview.
Undergraduate Courses (B.Sc./BCA/BEM)
- Candidates have to apply for the online application process on the official website of GITAM.
- Admission to these courses will be done on the basis of merit as per the marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying examination.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for GITAM Science Aptitude Test (GSAT).
- Admission to these courses will be done on the basis of rank obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
BA.LL.B, B.B.A.LL.B & LLM
- Candidates also have to apply and appear for LSAT/CLAT.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in LSAT/CLAT.
- Selected candidates have to report at the university along with necessary documents for verification purposes.
- Candidates have to apply for the test, the application form will be available on the official website of the university.
- Admission to B.Sc (Nursing) will be done through the GITAM Nursing Admission Test (GNAT).
- Qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process.
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in GNAT.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme, the application form will be available in online mode only.
- Candidates have to appear in the written test and interview process conducted by the university.
- Admission to the programme will be done on the basis of candidates performance in written test and interview conducted by the university.
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management has proper infrastructural support and students are provided with essential facilities so that they have a pleasant learning experience throughout their college life. GITAM has well-equipped laboratories that have all the latest instrument that helps the students in practical exposure in different subject of the curriculum. There are different laboratories for each department. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management also provides accommodation to the students and for this purpose, it has separate hostels for boys and girls and there are 5 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls and all the basic requirements are fulfilled by the institute. The auditorium of GITAM is used for various purposes such as organising events and programmes, workshops, seminars, conferences, etc. The library has a variety of collection of books along with the subscription to various e-resources. The facilities of Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management are listed below:
Hostels: The Visakhapatnam campus of GITAM offers separate hostels facilities for boys and girls. There are 5 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls. Students at GITAM are provided with all the facilities which fulfil their basic requirement. Each hostel has its separate mess which provides breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. All the hostels of GITAM are Wi-Fi enabled.
Library: Various knowledge resource centre (Libraries) are present within the campus of GITAM. The libraries are stocked with various books and journals related to the studies of the students. The libraries at GITAM has a subscription to various e-resources thus providing students access to different e-books and journals.
Laboratory: Laboratories at the different department of GITAM are equipped with various instruments for the students to perform experiments and provide them with practical exposure towards different topics in their studies.
Sports Facilities: GITAM provides different facilities for both indoor and outdoor. For indoor games, various facilities are available at hostels. Outdoor sports include a ground for football & cricket, volleyball court and various other outdoor games facilities.
Auditoriums: Visakhapatnam campus of GITAM has 7 auditoriums which host various seminars, conferences and different cultural activities.
I prefer Gitam University to medium class people
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 31 Jan' 19
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
The ambience of my college is quite good.
Very good college
Last Seen: 30 Mar' 18
Joined On: 15 Mar' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Questions related to GITAM
which institute is best for cse, for me bcz i got 753 rank in gitam,29470 in srm,47940 in vit, 3300in kiitee,3821 in sastra stream 1 , I got 90 percentile in jan jeemains, and 9.32 gpa in plus2.
90 percentile in jee mains might help you out to get admission in NIT but not with cse branch. And, around 48,000 rank is too much to get cse in vit Vellore however vit is well known for its cse placements but if you get cse seat in vit Chennai then you must join it. Also, with 25k+,there are very less chances to get cs in srm but in anyway you are able to grab that then it's a miracle. To add on, Sastra University is considered better than some of NITs and there are chances for you to get CSE seat in there,so go for it.
how is gitam university hyderabad for cse? is it good or bad
It was established in 2009.It is a private engineering University. It offers 9 UG, 6 PG and 2 integrated dual degree Programmes in Electronics & Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering and Ph. D programmes in all engineering disciplines.
Infrastructure- Modern lalaboratories and excellent infrastructural facilities are provided here.
Placements -The placements here are fairly good.40+ companies visit every year offering average packages of Rs.3.5 LPA. The placement percentage for the year 2020 was recorded to be 62.5 percent (400 students were placed out of 650 student batch in the recent placement session).
Some of the top alumini recruiters include HSBC, Infosys, Oracle and Cognizant.
Faculty - Faculty is good,helpful and qualified.
It is a 4 year course .
This is a good college.But the Visakhapatnam campus overules this campus in certain factors like infrastructure whereas in certain factors like placements both campuses are fairly on a tie.
For college reviews from ths students of this University visit- https://www.careers360.com/colleges/gitam-school-of-technology-hyderabad/reviews
This will help you get an insight of the college from the students who have studied here.
Hoping you find this helpful.
All the best!
is mechanical engineering good in gitam University
I would suggest you to opt for better universities like VIT or SRM or BITS for Mechanical engineering. Because it’s worse in GITAM. Although you adjust or somehow manage and gain skills during engineering in GITAM but it’s highly unlikely that you would land in your core company through campus placements.
mechanical engineering placements in gitam University
The placements for mechanical branch in gitam university is decent. Around 50 to 60 percent of the students get placed with a average salary of 3.5 lac per annum.Companies like HBL Power Systems, TCS, Deloitte , Infosys, Amar Raja and SGD pharma visit the campus.
If you are looking for a core job then it will be difficult but if you want to get into a softwate job then you can definitely get a placement.
ANY ONE GIVE ME CONTACT NUMBER WHO STUIDED IN GITAM COLLAGE OR JUST CALL TO ME. MY NUMBER IS 7674051105 I HAVE SOME DOUBTS ABOUT CAMPUS SHOUID I JOIN OR NOT.
Hello student I request you to please don't share your mobile number publicly on this platform as anybody might misuse your number or disturb you unnecessary,please don't entertain any calls.
GITAM University is a decent private university , GITAM University offer various courses at Undergraduate and postgraduate level. I request you to please help me with your query a little more or the course you're willing to pursue in GITAM University so that I can check and provide you the exact information about the same.
For more updates refer to the link mentioned below - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.careers360.com/university/gitam-university-visakhapatnam/amp
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 27 Mar 2022 ; CGPA : 3.53