- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam
For Men Candidates only
A masters programme for students with a background in science and engineering alike that teaches students the theoretical foundations of Computer Science as well as practical knowledge regarding computer systems. This is achieved primarily through core theoretical courses. In order to impart working knowledge and programming for solving problems, the program is designed to have a software lab associated with each of the courses. A well-structured list of electives from various areas like Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, High-Performance Computing, Software Systems, etc. enable students to specialize in frontier areas of computer science. A comprehensive Viva-voce and project work in the second year prepares to graduate students with the necessary knowledge and skills for the next stage of their careers upon graduation.
- The candidate must have either passed or appeared for final exams of one of the following: a) M.Sc. in Mathematics or M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. in Computer Science or M.C.A., or b) B.E. in Computer Science / B.Tech. in Computer Science
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (B.E. / B.Tech.) in Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering (with Computer Science background*) and Information Technology (with Mathematics background) are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree: 60% or more (Aggregate incl. English) or CGPA aggregate of 6 or more (10-point scale)(If not appeared B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc. final exams, aggregate marks in all the preceding Years/Semesters put together marks will be considered)
- Master’s degree: 60% or more (Aggregate incl. English) or CGPA aggregate of 6 or more (10-point scale) with 50% or more in English at the Bachelor’s level
- Familiarity with the following is mandatory for admissions: Mathematics: Calculus of one and several variable, Sequence and Series, Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory, Differential equations and Laplace Transforms, Mathematical logic.
- Computer Science: Data Structures and Simple Algorithms, Computer Organization and Architecture, Data communications and Networks, Data base Systems, Languages Translators
- Age: preferably below 28 years as of 31st May in the year of admission
*Implies an adequate, formal training and qualification from a recognized institution or relevant Computer/IT industry/academic experience for a minimum period of 5 years