WHAT IS CERAMICS AND CEMENT ENGINEERING ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering/Ceramic and Cement Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF CERAMICS AND CEMENT ENGINEERING
- Graduates and postgraduates develop procedures for processing non-metallic inorganic materials into various ceramic products such as fibre optic products, glassware, coatings for space vehicles, and components of nuclear fuel
- They are also involved in research, product development, and production engineering of ceramic products that are in compliance with the required quality norms
- Specialised engineers develop advanced heat tiles for space shuttles and supersonic space planes
- They also help in developing such materials that enclose and support aircraft engines functioning at high temperatures.
- Jobs available for Ceramics and Cement Engineers include:
Project research assistant
Mechanical design engineer
- Ceramic composites
- Ceramic raw materials
- Ceramics Technology
- Chemical processing
- Energy engineering & furnaces
- Friction and wear of ceramics
- Microstructure study & analysis
- Mineralogy and microscopic analysis
- Powder metallurgy