Kristu Jayanti College (KJC), Bengaluru was established in the year 1999 and is supported by Bodhi Niketan Trust. In the year 2013, the college was declared as an autonomous by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The College offers undergraduate (BBA/B.Com/B.Sc/BCA/BA) and postgraduate (MBA/M.Com/MA/MCA/M.Sc/MSW) courses in various areas. KJC is affiliated to the Bengaluru North University.
KJC is located at P..O, Hennur Main Rd, K.Narayanapura, Kothanur, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Banaswadi Railway Station is 7.4 km away and Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is 24 km away from the College. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach Kristu Jayanti College.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- KJC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Appalachian State University NC, USA
- E M Normandie - Normandy Business School, Caen, France
- Trinity Western University, Canada
- Fachhochschule Dortmund - University, Germany
- FHDW Fachhochschule der Wirtschaft, Germany
- Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- St. Mary's University, Texas
- Sophia University, Japan
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Commerce Club: The aim of this Club is to provide knowledge of the cultural, national and international, geopolitical, economic and financial issues that affect the commerce activities. Various seminars, activities and lectures are conducted by this club.
- Film and Photography Club:This Club conducts events related to photography and short film making. Various events like screening of documentaries, films and photo exhibitions are also organised by this Club.
- Journalism Club:This Club is for the students who are media aspirants. This Club provides the training and opportunities related to the latest developments in the media by organising campaigns, quizzes, etc.
- Life Sciences Club: This Club organises events like lecture competitions, essay writing, paper presentations, etc to improve the skills of the students. It also provides platform for them to showcase their academic and co curricular talents.
- Psychology Club: By organising seminars and presentations, the club spreads awareness about the different areas of psychology.
- Tourism Club: This Clubs gives practical exposure to the theoretical components by organising tours, destination explorations and management.
- Environment Club: This Club aims to make a clean and green environment. Tree plantation activities are organised and students of the college participate in this.
- Erudite Club: This Club enhances the literary talents of the students by encouraging them to participate in book reviews, creative writing, debates, etc.
- Kannada Literary Club: This Club encourages literary talent in the college. It also promotes the heritage of Kannada language by organising various Kannada cultural events.
- Sports and Games Club: The member of this club encourage students in different sports. It also organises competitions at college level.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
Exams and Cutoffs
For Undergraduate Courses (BBA/B.Com/B.Sc/BCA/BA):
- For BBA, B.Com, B.Sc, BCA, BA- candidates should have passed 10+2/Pre University Course/Equivalent Examination with at least 40% marks in the relevant areas.
For Postgraduate Courses (MBA/M.Com/MA/MCA/M.Sc/MSW):
- For MBA, candidates should qualify CAT/CMAT/KMAT examination.
- Candidates with a valid CAT/ CMAT/ KMAT scores have to fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in CAT/CMAT/KMAT for a Group Discussion.
- Further, the candidates have to appear for a personal interview for the final selection.
- For M.Com, MA, MCA, M.Sc, MSW, candidates should have passed bachelor's examination with at least 50% marks (5% relaxation to SC/ST/physically challenged candidates) in the respective discipline from any University recognised by the UGC or its equivalent.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
PG [3 Years Program(s)]
Kristu Jayanti College offers various infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty like a library with collection of books, hostels for boys and girls, laboratories, sports, and cafeteria, etc. Various other facilities like ATM, Banking, and Wi-Fi are also available for students.
- Library: The Library has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Hostel: The Institute has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Wi-Fi and LAN facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Sports: KJC provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Lab: The Institute has a laboratory facility for each department for the students so that they can have a practical training.
- Cafeteria: KJC has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price.
My experience is good.
Last Seen: 17 Jul' 20
Joined On: 17 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2024
- BA-Economics, Political Science and Sociology
Choosing this college is a good option.
Kristu jayanti college is a college filled with career oppor
Till now it's fine...
Last Seen: 13 Feb' 20
Joined On: 13 Feb' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BA-History, Tourism and Journalism
Questions related to Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru
best college Kristy jayanti of jain college Bangalore
Dear ritesh ,
kristy Jayanti college was established in the year of 1999 it is affiliated by Bangalore University and the university currently offers various courses covering a variety of disciplines at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels .This college offers more then 10 course with more then 22 specialization .They offer undergraduate ,Master ,PGDM ,MBA for aspirants .If we go through the facilities like hostel ,library,canteen ,labs ,wifi ,and smart class rooms also they are provides with best teaching technique's .
Jain University Bangalore was established in the year of 1990 and it is a Deemed to be University it is ranked 7 for Best Private University in Bangalore by India Today. It is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade, MHRD and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) .They provides more then 50 course with 100 specialization. If we go through the facilities then they also provides wifi,labs ,smart class rooms ,labs ,library and many more .Apart from that they provides placements facilities for aspirants as per record the highest salary package offered amounts to INR 30 LPA. Jain University assures placement opportunities to students and most of the reputed MNC comes for recruitment. Jain University is famous for its B.E, B.Tech, MBA/ PGDM programs.
If we go through the both colleges then as per my point of view Jain University having more weightage then Kristy college but its not mean kristy is not good both are holding 8 rating from out of 10 and we are collect review from students personally both of colleges are good .
Hope it will helpful
How do i post reviews for a college. I am looking at Kristu Jayanti College.
Hello thangaraj, you have not clearly asked for your posting of review either google or here on careers360, assuming it to be google you can search for the college and there is an option called "ask a question" there you can post your review, assuming here, you can search for your college name space careers360 and in this portal, you can find review option and you can post any review.
Hope this helps.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 14 Nov 2020 ; CGPA : 3.22