- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Bachelor of Management Studies (BAMS) is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
- To create for the students of the University of Mumbai an additional avenue of self-employment and also to benefit industry by providing them with suitably trained persons.
- To prepare the student to exploit opportunities being newly created in the Management Profession.
- To provide an adequate basic understanding of Management Education among the students.
- To give adequate exposure to the operational environment in the field of Management.
- To inculcate training in the use of modern technology for the benefit of all parties concerned.
- The course is a full-time course with a duration of Six Semesters spread over three years.
- The course consists of 39 subjects comprising of 38 theory papers and 1 project.
- The total number of lectures per theory paper will be a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 55, each of 50 minutes duration.
The admissions are purely based on merit duly following the reservation policy as per the norms of the Government of Maharashtra. Admissions through merit will be given to students from Arts, Commerce and Science stream at 12the Standard as under (Admission Quota): Commerce-45%, Arts-25%, Science-25%, Diploma Holders-5%.
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the B.M.S. Degree Course shall have passed XIIth Std. Examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or Its equivalent examination OR Diploma in any Engineering branches with two years or three years or four years duration after the S.S.C. conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State or equivalent examination. Minimum marks required for the Open category are 45% and for the Reserved category 40%.