Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur was established in the year 2013 by the International Institute of Information Technology University Act, 2013 of the Government of Chhattisgarh and it is a joint venture by Chhattisgarh State Government and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC). The institute is also known as IIIT-NR or Dr. SPM IIIT-Naya Raipur. IIIT-NR is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi and is recognised by the University Grants Commission. The institute is spread over 50 acres of land. IIITNR courses include B.Tech in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DSAI), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and PhD in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and Basic Science and Humanities. Students wanting to know more about IIITNR can read the further part of the article.
IIIT-NR is located at Plot No. 7, near Purkhoti Muktangan, Sector 24, Naya Raipur in Chhattisgarh. Kendri Railway Station is around 6 km away from IIITNR. Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur is at a distance of 17 km away from International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur. Mantralaya Bus Depot is around 6 km and it takes about 10 minutes to reach IIIT-NR from the bus depot via cab/car.
IIIT-NR has the following collaborations
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre
- Naya Raipur Development Authority
- IIIT Bangalore
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- AppetIIIT - This is the App-Development Society of the institute that helps the students to gain technical knowledge and develop software applications.
- Robotics Club - This Club invites students interested in robotics and trains them and provides a platform to showcase their technical intellect in the field of robotics.
- Sankalp - Social Development Society of IITNR spreads the spirit of social work and helps in the development of society by uplifting the underprivileged section.
- Antardhwani - The Literary Society is for the students interested in literature and the members are encouraged to be a part of various literary activities.
- Caprpriccio - This is the Music Club of the institute that promotes the culture of music and students passionate about music can join the club and showcase their musical talent.
- Ignis - The Dance Club invites dancers to be part of it and mesmerise the audiences by performing grateful dances at cultural programmes and dance competitions.
- Buzz-Technica - Computing Society - This society has computer wizards and students of this society excel in computer applications.
- Sports Club - Sports Club has sportsperson excelling in their respective sports and they participate in various sports competitions and bring laurels to the institute.
- Dramatics Society - International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur has a Dramatics Society that is for the drama enthusiasts who are a part of various stage shows.
- Editorial Committee
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 4.25 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
- Total Fees: 4.25 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
- Total Fees: 4.25 Lakhs
- Seats: 21 Seats
- Total Fees: 2.81 Lakhs
IIITNR courses include B.Tech in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (DSAI), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and PhD in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) and Basic Science and Humanities. IIITNR B.Tech admission is based on the rank of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) followed by participation in the counselling process wherein All India Quota (35% seats) category students have to participate in the JoSAA counselling whereas the NTPC Quota (15% seats) and Chhattisgarh State Quota (50% seats) candidates have to participate in the institute level counselling process. According to the IIIT-NR M.Tech admission procedure, candidates are required to score valid marks in GATE and then participate in the institute level counselling process. PhD is offered by International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur on the basis of the marks secured in the entrance exam and performance in the PI. One can go through the successive part of the article in order to know the step by step IIITNR admission process.
IIITNR B.Tech Admission
- Candidates wishing to take admission to B.Tech programme of IIITNR have to appear and qualify JEE Main.
- International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur offers admission three different categories - All India Quota (35% seats), NTPC Quota (15% seats) and Chhattisgarh State Quota (50% seats)
- For All India Quota (35% seats), based on the scores in JEE Main, candidates have to register on the JoSAA website for participating in the JoSAA counselling that comprises of choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- It is to be noted that candidates need to choose IIIT-NR as their first preference while doing the choice locking.
- For NTPC Quota (15% seats) and Chhattisgarh State Quota (50% seats) candidates have to participate in the institute level counselling process.
- Final admission to IIITNR B.tech admission will be based on scores of JEE Main, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
IIITNR M.Tech Admission
- Aspirants have to apply and appear for GATE and obtain a valid score.
- On the basis of GATE scores, candidates have to submit an online application on the website of International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE scores and further, they have to participate in the institute level counselling process.
- Once the seat has been allotted, candidates have to get the documents verified and then pay the fee and this is the last stage of IIITNR admission process.
- The final selection of the M.Tech aspirants will be based on the GATE scores, participation in the institute level counselling process, verification of documents and fee payment.
IIIT-NR PhD Admission
- PhD aspirants have to submit their applications on the website of Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur along with all the requisite documents.
- Applicants have to appear for an entrance exam conducted by IIITNR.
- Further, they have to appear for an interview and qualify it. Candidates qualifying the PI will be a part of the last stage of IIITNR admission procedure.
- Moving on to the final stage of IIIT-NR admission process, candidates have to get the documents verified and then pay the course fee.
- The final Admittance to PhD programme will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test, performance in the PI, document verification and fee payment.
Talking about the IIITNR facilities, library, dispensary, canteen, gym, hostels, etc are some of the infrastructural facilities of the institute. IIIT-NR has a huge library that has a variety of books, reference material, magazines, etc and promotes reading habit amongst the students. The dispensary provides medical facilities to the students and takes care of the medical needs of the staff, faculty and the students. Raman House Girl’s Hostel, Bose House Boy’s Hostel, Bhabha House Boy’s Hostel and Ramanujan Boy’s Hostel provides safe lodging facilities to the students. IIITNR has modern laboratories that help the students to gain practical exposure. Students are motivated to take part in various sports and apart from this, they can also avail of the gym facilities for their physical fitness. All the essential items are available at the shopping complex at IIITNR. A detailed description of the IIITNR facilities is given in the subsequent part of the article:
- Library - The library is part of the administrative building and has a variety of books, reference material, magazines, etc and students can utilise their free time in reading books of their interest or can take academic help from the library.
- Dispensary - International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur provides medical facilities to the students and for this purpose, a dispensary is present inside the campus of IIITNR that takes care of the medical needs in case of a medical emergency.
- Hostel - International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur ensures proper accommodation arrangement for the girls and boys and it has hostels Raman House Girl’s Hostel, Bose House Boy’s Hostel, Bhabha House Boy’s Hostel and Ramanujan Boy’s Hostel with all the essential facilities.
- Laboratories - The college has well-designed and modern laboratories that help the students to gain practical exposure apart from theoretical knowledge. The labs of IIIT-NR are listed below:
- Data Science Lab
- Antenna and Microwave Circuit Design Lab
- Electronic Circuits Lab
- Networks Design & Analysis Lab
- Communication Systems Lab
- VLSI & Embedded Systems Lab
- Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning (AIDL) Lab
- IOT & Sensors Lab
- Gymnasium - The institute has a gym with a variety of gym equipment that helps in maintaining their physical fitness and students can use their free time and avail of the gym facilities of IIITNR.
- Sports - The college encourages students to actively take part in sports activities. Students can play various outdoor and indoor sports such as carom, chess, table tennis, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Cafeteria - The canteen is commonplace for the students to hang out an is hygienically maintained. It offers a variety of cuisine, beverages and snacks to the students at an affordable price.
- Shopping Complex - A shopping complex is present inside the IIITNR campus that provides all the essential items, packaged food, stationeries, etc under one roof.
- IT Facilities - The institute also caters to the internet requirement and other computational needs of the students and the faculty and also provides internet access.
An enriching engineering college
Last Seen: 07 May' 20
Joined On: 06 Jul' 18
Education Interest: Computer Application and IT
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Wonderful place to learn and enjoy
Advanced - Skill first theory later project oriented.
Project based learning is fun.Do it and learn it.
Good environment ,green campus and B school model
Last Seen: 19 Apr' 18
Joined On: 18 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Questions related to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur
in iiit naya raipur which is best cse or data science and artifical intelligence
IIIT NAYA RAIPUR is established in 2015 and is a new institution. Hence we can not comment on which is best Computer Science and Engineering or Data science and Artifical intelligence but after observing its placement statistics of its first pass out batch we can predict that Computer Science and Engineering is best in IIIT NAYA RAIPUR, because 100% cse students get placed while there is no data regarding Data science and Artifical intelligence.
I know all other things also matters but those things only matters at superficial level, at the end only matters is Placement.
for artifical intelligence iiit naya raipur is best
Firstly let's have a look at what actually artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
Looking at the growth of artificial intelligence in industry it's a very good choice to do career in it.
Artificial Intelligence are the two emerging trends when it comes to technology and it started a long way back. It is now taken as the best skills to learn in your computer science field, so i think taking artificial Intelligence is good option, It is considered equivalent to computer science field because both are some what same in credit system and there might be slight syllabus change in AI as compared to computer science which i personally think you can learn by yourself later.
BTech in AI AND DATA SCIENCE OR BTECH IN CSE in IIIT NAYA RAIPUR vs BTech+mtech dual degree in IT at IIITM GWALIOR
Hello, hope you are doing well!
Reason why you should opt for BTech in AI and Data Science instead of BTech in Computer Science and Engineering-
- Changing Trend Due To High Industry Demand
-Emerging technologies such as AI and ML are turning out to be an essential part of the curriculum as it helps lay a strong foundation for students to stay relevant in the evolving jobs market. The data science and AI industry which is already facing a shortage in the number of skilled employees have a high lookout for candidates specialising in these skills.
- Industry Is Taking Active Participation In Training The Young Minds
-Not just the institutes but all the large companies have been taking up the responsibility of training young minds in the emerging tech with their exceptional offerings. Companies such as Wipro, Bosch, GE Research and others have been collaborating with institutes to make students adept with the latest technological trends.
Next part of your question is about the comparison of AI, Data Science, Computer Science with Information Technology.
AI and Data Science and Computer Science all of these are way more in demand than Information Technology. CSE is a broader concept. IT comes under it in the narrow aspect.
Although subjects and courses should be decided totally based on your field of interest. So, please select on your own because our field of study, work and career should always be of our own interest. Otherwise you can't be happy in life.
Now comes the comparison between the colleges, both the IIITs are good but IIIT Gwalior is better than IIIT Raipur. You can have a detailed comparison using Career360's college comparison tool- https://www.careers360.com/compare-colleges?college=1231-160-course=0-0
compare cse in iiit naya raipur and cse silchar
Hello student ,
Here , i will suggest you to go through IIIT RAIPUR for cse . As IIITNR is new but, it is far better than NIT Silchar. Not only in terms of infrastructure, but the curriculum, the facilities etc . Further it also has good placement opportunities for most of the students . It also has the highest package for CSE is 28.3l and for ECE is 10l. The first International offer was from FireVisor System PTE. Ltd, Singapore with the package being 28.3l p.a.
Hope it helps !
it is possible to get iiit naya raipur cse with obc rank 5385
Congratulations on your JEE Rank. According to previous year cutoffs and trends the closing rank in last round of IIIT RAIPUR for OBC category are as follows:
Computer Science and Engineering: 6688-8260
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence: 5164-8172
Electronics and Communication Engineering: 10001-11161
Hence with your 5385 obc rank you can easily get into any branch in IIIT NAYA RAIPUR.
You can follow up this Career360's article for more information on cutoffs: https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-cutoff-for-top-iiits
And don't forget to check out the Career360 College Predictor to know your college admission chances based on your JEE Main Rank, Home State, Caste, Gender, etc.
NEW DELHI: International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Naya Ra....
Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology, (IIIT–Naya) Raipur Plot No. 7, Sector 24, Near Purkhoti Muktangan, Naya Raipur, Pincode - 493661, Chhattisgarh, India
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: