- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Ph.D. Law shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned and offered by Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- The Ph.D.(Law) programme is a full-time residential programme.
- The Ph.D. (Law) scholars shall be required to be present in the University and their presence shall be duly recorded in the University library. This shall not be less than 70% of the entire working days of the University in an Academic Year.
- No research scholar registered for Ph.D.(Law) Programme shall take simultaneously any other course of study or any full-time employment.
- The Ph.D.(Law) Programme scholar may be required to take teaching assignments and render help as may be required in the academic and co-curricular activities of the University.
- The Course Work and other required work in the Ph.D. (Law) Programme, including the Ph.D. thesis, shall be in the English Language.
Duration of Ph.D. Programme:
A Ph.D. (Law) Programme scholar may be allowed to supplicate his/her Ph.D. thesis after the completion of two Academic Calendar Years of the University from the date of his/her Registration. However, no Ph.D. scholar may be allowed to supplicate his/her Ph.D. thesis later than four Academic Calendar Years from the date of his/her Registration.
Admission of scholars is made strictly on the basis of admission test conducted by the university separately.
Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.