About IIIT Ranchi
IIIT Ranchi – Home and About
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi (IIIT Ranchi) is an autonomous institute of national importance set up by the MHRD under the Government of India, Government of Jharkhand in a tie-up with industrial partners like Central Coalfield Limited, Tata Consultancy Services, and Tata Technologies in a public-private partnership.
IIIT Ranchi was established in the year 2016 at an interim campus in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, with a vision to become one of the leading institutes in India for its academic excellence and good governance.
IIIT Ranchi was a part of an initiative started by MHRD, Government of India, to establish 20 new Indian Institutes of Information Technology to provide an improved and dynamic education model to impart knowledge for the best utilisation of IT resources in every industrial domain.
This self-sustained, not-for-profit, research-led education institute is managed by the finest professionals in research and academics, under the support and guidance of a Board of Governors that includes people from industries, academic sectors, the research field, and the Government. IIIT Ranchi houses a workforce of highly skilled and eminent professionals in diverse fields as faculties managing the two departments of Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering.
IIIT Ranchi offers two undergraduate, two postgraduate, and two doctoral programs. With clubs and societies like Innovative Technology & Entrepreneur Centre (ITEC) and Optical Society of America chapter of Ranchi, it promotes entrepreneurial and research-based development in students.
IIIT Ranchi Highlights:
Name of the Institute
Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi
IIITR, IIIT Ranchi
Year of Establishment
IIIT Ranchi, Khojatoli, Namkum, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
NIRF Ranking 2020
Not ranked yet
Infrastructure and Facilities
• Bus service
• Computing labs
• WiFi services
Total number of courses
Mode of Education
• Affine Analytics
• BNY Mellon
• Futures First
• IRIS Business
• Legato Health
IIIT Ranchi Location:
IIIT Ranchi is located in Namkum, which is on the outskirts of Ranchi City and covers a part of the rural population. Situated in Ranchi's eastern end, Namkum has a large cover of forests and arable land, giving the interim campus a scenic view.
Currently, IIIT Ranchi is being mentored by the National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, which has contributed immensely to the shared facilities given to the students. A land in Ranchi spanning over 52 acres has been allocated to build a new campus and create a strong infrastructure that is expected to open its gates to prospective students in the year 2021.
The interim campus is approximately 11.8km from the Birsa-Munda Airport in Hinoo, while the distance from the nearest railway station stretches to about 8km.
IIIT Ranchi Latest Updates and News:
December 7, 2020 - IIIT Ranchi becomes a part of the National Induction.
IIIT Ranchi was one of the participants of the "National Induction of the institutes of National Importance," which included an informative and thought-provoking session by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Ji.
December 2, 2020 - IIIT Ranchi releases academic schedule.
IIIT Ranchi released the class schedule for the newly admitted First-Year BTech students of Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering.
November 26, 2020 - IIIT Ranchi celebrates Constitution day.
The students and faculty at IIIT Ranchi celebrated Constitution Day to remember the toil and efforts of the great Indian leaders and the importance of real independence.
February 22, 2020- IIIT Ranchi conducts Institute Industry interaction summit.
IIIT Ranchi conducted the first-of-its-kind Institute Industry Interaction 2020 summit on its campus! The primary motive of establishing IIIT Ranchi was to develop strong interaction with industry, thus organising a day-long summit in IIIT Ranchi Campus.
January 18, 2020 - IIIT Ranchi organises a Hackathon.
House of GEEKS, the technological society of IIIT Ranchi, organised Internal Smart India Hackathon (GEEK-A-THON) on January 18, 2020, to allow students to work on top organisations' challenges, Ministries, Departments, Industries, and NGOs to create world-class solutions.
January 10, 2020 - IIIT Ranchi organises a Book exhibition.
To rekindle the love of reading and to inoculate a habit to cherish it for a lifetime, among students, IIIT Ranchi organised a Book Exhibition on 10th January 2020 for bringing students closer to their best friends.
IIIT Ranchi Awards, Recognitions Accreditations and Collaborations:
• The students of IIIT Ranchi marked their sign of Victory at the Inter IIIT Sports Meet (GUSTO-20) at IIITDM Jabalpur and secured the Overall 2nd Runner-up award for the institute. Around 650+ students participated in various games and sports. The students bagged 16 medals in 5 different sports.
• A student of IIIT Ranchi brought laurels to the institute by bagging a summer internship in Spain by participating in the International School of Light Sciences and Optics, held at Santander, Spain. The school is itself an international forum, organised every fourth week of June, on Light Sciences and Technologies in a privileged environment.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi is accredited by the Indian Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Being a relatively new college, IIIT Ranchi has only collaborated with one institute by far. It signed an MOU with the Sarala Birla University, Ranchi, to exchange resources like laboratory facilities, carry out research collaborations, share infrastructure, attend joint seminars and workshops and work together on summer internships.
Being a newly inaugurated institute, IITR as of yet has not had any notable Alumni, but it is given that in the near and distant future many bright students will take admission here and go on to do great things.
IIIT Ranchi Clubs, Committees and Councils:
IIIT Ranchi believes in the power of research and innovation to drive an individual to success; hence, setting up various clubs and societies is a critical aspect to contribute to students' growth.
One of the primary clubs is the OSA (Optical Society of America) Chapter at IIIT Ranchi, which started with a vision of establishing a culture of research in optics and bridging the gap between industries and educational institutions. The club holds regular guest lectures by eminent personalities intending to efficiently utilise the boundless knowledge of science and technology to address the problems of society and the environment. The OSA Chapter of IIIT Ranchi has organised several events like a social app launch to introduce a management and organisational app called AndroMeda for the easy record-keeping of data at IIIT Ranchi itself. The students of the club also hosted a website launch on the same day.
IIIT Ranchi also houses ITEC (Innovative Technology and Entrepreneur Centre), an active initiative to promote "Entrepreneur culture" through innovation and Information and communication technology. The key objective of ITEC is to provide support and encouragement to the students by offering them resources to grow. It provides support to budding start-ups, companies with progressive ideas, and mentors. It would also offer infrastructural provisions like office spaces, personal computers, internet connectivity, shared utilities like printers, scanners, conference rooms, and laboratories to the incubated companies. ITEC also gives paid services like accounting, legal support, management expertise, intern support, and mentorship facilities to incubated companies on a part-time basis.
Apart from these two clubs, IIIT Ranchi also offers groups of diverse fields:
• Kalariti - The Cultural Club
• Piccell- The Photography club
• House of Geeks - The technical club.
IIIT Ranchi Infrastructure and Facilities:
The interim campus of IIIT Ranchi is mentored by NIT Jamshedpur, which has extended its helping hands to the institute's students. All the facilities and infrastructure of NIT Jamshedpur is open to the students and faculties of IIIT Ranchi. Several infrastructural facilities offered by IIIT Ranchi are:
• A shared library containing several scientific, technical, and general journals, periodicals, newspapers, research papers, and books.
• Hostel facilities for both girls and boys with separate housing complexes. There are 13 hostels in total, with 9 allocated to boys and 4 to girls.
• Affordable mess facilities and canteen services are available for breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and dinner.
• 24/7 high-speed Wi-Fi facility with internet connectivity for faculty and students.
• It also has sports complexes like Badminton court, BasketBall court, Cricket ground, Tennis court, Volleyball court, Table Tennis court, and athletic ground to promote the importance of physical fitness and well-being in students.
• The campus also offers well-equipped laboratories like computer lab and electronics lab, filled with modern technology and instruments to help students impart practical knowledge.
• Large classrooms with a centralised air conditioning system and smart boards.
• An in-campus convenience store to buy daily necessities and products.
• Medical facilities, including free checkups, are offered to the students.
• IIIT Ranchi also houses an SBI Branch to carry out money transactions without any hassle.
IIIT Ranchi Courses, Fees and Eligibility:
IIIT Ranchi offers a total of six courses on undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. The departments in IIIT Ranchi include:
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering
• Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
It offers two undergraduate courses, including:
• BTech in Computer Science and Engineering
• BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Two postgraduate courses:
• MTech in Embedded systems and IoT
Two doctoral courses:
• PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
• PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering
IIIT Ranchi Fees:
The fees could be deposited at IIIT Ranchi through Electronic Fund Transfer (RTGS/NEFT) with the bank details of the institute given on the official website. The fee could also be deposited through the SBI collect link which would be provided on the website. In case of a DD, it should be made in favour of “IIIT Ranch” payable at “Namkum”. The fees structure for all programs is given below.
IIlT Ranchi Fee
Rs. 10,20,000 (Total Fees for 4 years)
Rs. 2,00,000(Total Fees for 2 years)
Rs. 1,50,000 (Total Fees for 3 years)
IIIT Ranchi Admissions:
The undergraduate admissions in the BTech programs of Computer science and engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering of IIIT Ranchi are made based on the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Mains) score and ranks.
Based on the college cut-offs and student preferences, the seat allocation and counselling process are governed by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The vacant seats after JoSAA counselling are filled through 2 rounds of CSAB counselling.
Candidates seeking admission in the postgraduate and doctoral programmes should appear for entrance exams like GATE and UGC NET.
Once the seat is allotted, the students must pay the required fees and get their documents verified.
MIT Admission Procedure for BTech programmes
The candidate should clear the eligibility criteria which says that he/she must pass the 10+2 or equivalent from recognised board/institute with 75% marks in aggregate and also appear for JEE Mains.
The registration and choice filling of JoSAA generally begins from the third week of June in online mode.
The candidate should then select IIIT Ranchi as a choice in the JoSAA counselling round and pay the online application fees for the round.
Once allotted the seat, the student must verify the documents and pay the required fees.
MIT Admission Procedure for MTech and PhD programs
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a Master’s degree is obtaining a BTech or equivalent degree from a recognised University in the relevant domain and valid GATE score.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a doctoral or a PhD degree is completing a Master’s degree or equivalent degree from a recognised University in the relevant domain and a valid UGC NET score.
Below are the given steps to fill the IIIT Ranchi application form.
1. Visit the official website and open the admission section
2. Fill the application form.
3. Upload the required documents.
4. Pay the application fee.
5. Submit the application form.
6. Appearing for the Personal interview.
7. Viewing the Merit list.
8. Allocating the seat.
• Class X and Class XII mark sheets
• UG mark sheets
• PG mark sheets
• Caste certificate (if applicable)
• GATE/ UGC NET scorecard
• Category certificate
• Passport-size photograph of the candidate
• Signature of the candidate
IIIT Ranchi Scholarships
Students at IIIT Ranchi who don’t have the means to avail education there and are unable to pay their respective fees could get financial aid by applying to many scholarships. BTech students can apply and avail different Central/State Govt. scholarship schemes and PSU (Public Sector Unit) scholarships like:
• Central Sector Scholarship of Top-Class Education for SC students
• National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students
• National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
• National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities 2015-16
• Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Students Belonging to Minority Communities.
• Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students
• Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Scholarship for SC/ST students
• SAIL Scholarship for SC/ST Students
• NTPC Scholarship
• Post Metric Scholarship for Minority (State)
The official website of the institute would provide additional information on these scholarships such as their eligibility, application forms and application procedure.
IIIT Ranchi Cutoff
The Cut-off of IIIT Ranchi is entirely based on the factors affecting the JEE Mains cut-off. The opening and closing ranks in 2019 from round 1 to round 7 ranged from 16885 to 31909 for the general category.
IIIT Ranchi Placements
IIIT Ranchi believes in quality over quantity, while the number of students produced by them at the end of every academic year would be very small, but their contribution and impact in the key sectors of Indian economy and industry would be very significant.
The Training and Placement office of the institute highly values the partnership with recruiters and remains committed to establishing a productive and efficient recruitment process. A high degree of hospitality can be expected from IIIT Ranchi in terms of transportation and accommodation.
Students are provided with the liberty to choose from an immense number of opportunities in the IT world. IIIT Ranchi offers students the best platforms to explore and test their skills by providing them with much-needed exposure to the industries, research centres and reputed academic institutions.
With the total strength of 32 students in the BTech batch of 2016-2020, the total number of students recruited was 20 with about 28 placement offers, with the highest salary being Rs. 12.40 Lakhs p.a. (Approx.) and the average salary is Rs. 6.90 Lakhs p.a. (Approx.).
The top recruiters of the institute include:
• Affine Analytics
• BNY Mellon
• Futures First
• IRIS Business
• Legato Health
• Wiley Next
IIIT Ranchi Highlights
IIIT Ranchi Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
IIIT Ranchi Admissions 2021
The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Ranchi offers courses in Bachelor of Technology, Master of Technology, and PhD. It offers admissions for BTech, MTech and PhD in various disciplines. The admission of BTech is made through JEE MAIN and JoSAA counselling, whereas MTech admission is made based on GATE results and CCMT counselling. The admission for PhD is made based on merit and UGC NET score, along with a personal interview conducted by the institute.
Interested candidates are required to check the official website of the institute for admission updates, along with the entrance exam official website.
IIIT Ranchi has started its admission process for the year 2021. The admission for BTech has been completed in November, whereas admission to master’s degrees is still ongoing.
Candidates applying for BTech or MTech or PhD should meet the eligibility criteria set by the institute. They should also fill the admission form provided by the institute if they met the eligibility criteria. They should then appear for entrance exams, followed by counselling or interview for final seat allotment.
IIIT Ranchi Selection Process for UG and PG Courses
IIIT Ranchi BTech Admission Process
Candidates who have met the eligibility criteria of the institute for BTech admissions should follow the given steps below.
1. Candidates must first fill and submit the admission form of the institute.
2. They must appear for JEE MAIN and make sure they are aware of the cut-off.
3. They should meet the cut-off score for further admission process.
4. Participate in JoSAA Counselling for final seat allotment.
5. Selected candidates then have to pay for fees and follow formalities.
IIIT Ranchi MTech Admission Process
MTech is a postgraduate course degree offered by IIIT Ranchi. Candidates must comply with the steps of the admission process for successfully securing a seat at the institute.
1. Fill and then submit the admission form of the institute.
2. Appear for GATE and meet the scores required for admissions in the institute.
3. Be present for CCMT Counselling if you passed through GATE for final seat allotment.
4. Candidates allotted with seat should follow formalities and pay fees.
IIIT Ranchi PhD Admission Process
Candidates who wish to pursue a PhD degree in IIIT Ranchi must follow the given steps for admissions.
1. Interested candidates must fill the institute’s admission form and submit it.
2. They must appear for UGC NET and meet the institute’s score requirements.
3. After UGC NET, the institute will call for a personal interview.
4. Selected candidates can then pay fees.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi Admission
IIIT Ranchi provides various course degrees for engineering and technology aspirants. They offer BTech, MTech and PhD in various courses. BTech admissions are made through JEE MAIN followed by JoSAA Counselling. Admission of MTech is made on the scores of GATE accompanied by CCMT Counselling, and PhD admissions take place with UGC NET score and personal interview done by the institute.
IIIT Ranchi Admission Procedure for B.Tech. Programme
IIIT Ranchi offers admissions to BTech programs in Computer Science and Engineering, and Electronics and Communication Engineering. Candidates from across the country apply for these course degrees in IIIT Ranchi since they specialize in these BTech programs.
Candidates are required to clear their 10+2 with at least 75% marks in the science as their stream and maths, physics, and chemistry as the compulsory subjects.
They must qualify with JEE MAIN.
IIIT Ranchi B.Tech. Admission Through JEE MAIN
The institute offers BTech course degree through JEE MAIN, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates must qualify for JEE MAIN exam to get admissions. JEE MAIN cut off is released by the authorities, but they should also consider the cut off the requirement of the institute. The steps for admission to BTech through JEE MAIN is given below.
1. Candidates must see that they meet the eligibility criteria of the institute, then fill and submit the institute’s admission form.
2. They have to appear for JEE MAIN entrance exam and keep in mind to meet the cut-off.
3. Once candidates meet the required cut-off, they need to attend JoSAA Counselling for final seat allotment.
4. JEE MAIN score along with JoSAA Counselling is necessary for selection.
5. Selected candidates will then be asked to pay for fees and submit all the required documents.
1. Class 10th and 12th marks sheet
2. Aadhar/Pan card/ Electric bill copy for address proof
3. School or college leaving certificate
4. Passport size photo
5. JEE MAIN scorecard
IIIT Ranchi Admission Procedure for M.Tech. Programme
IIIT Ranchi offers MTech programs of Machine Learning and Data Science, and Embedded Systems and IOT for students to choose from.
Candidates must have scored at least 60% marks in their previous bachelor’s degree. They must have completed B/BTech course from a recognized university/college.
Candidates should qualify for the GATE exam.
IIIT Ranchi M.Tech. Admission Through GATE
IIIT Ranchi offers MTech admissions based on GATE score, accompanied by CCMT Counselling. Candidates should follow the admission procedure as given below.
1. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria set by the institute must fill and submit the admission form.
2. Then they must appear for GATE and meet the score required for admissions.
3. Candidates who meet the GATE score will then be called for CCMT counselling for final seat allotment.
4. Selected candidates will then pay for the fees and complete formalities.
1. Class 10, 12 and bachelor’s degree mark sheet
2. College or school leaving certificate
3. Aadhar/Pan card/electric bill copies for address proof
4. Passport size photo
5. GATE scorecard
IIIT Ranchi Admission Procedure for Ph.D. Programme
Candidates must have completed their ME/MTech from a recognized college/university.
They should appear for UGC NET for admissions.
IIIT Ranchi Ph.D. Admission Through UGC NET
IIIT Ranchi offers PhD programs in various courses through UGC NET scores along with a personal interview conducted by the institute. The procedure of admission for PhD, in particular, is as follows.
1. Candidates must first fill the admission form released by the institute and submit it within the given timeframe.
2. They must appear for UGC NET and have a valid score.
3. After successful completion of UGC NET, they will be called for a personal interview in the institute for final assessment.
4. Selected candidates then need to submit all the required documents along with payment of fees.
1. Class 10th and 12th mark sheet.
2. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree mark sheet
3. College or school leaving certificate
4. Aadhar/Pan card/Electric bill copy for address proof
5. Passport size photo
6. UGC NET scorecard
IIIT Ranchi Scholarship
Students of the institute can apply for various central and state scholarships. In addition to these government schemes, the student can also apply for different Public Sector Unit (PSU) scholarships.
All existing and newly admitted students of the institute can check the scholarships they can avail and their eligibility criteria through the official institution’s website or the central/state scholarship portal.
There are various scholarships for SC/ST category students and even for general students based on merit and annual family income.
IIIT Ranchi Fees
IIIT Ranchi offers various course degrees for interested candidates. However, one has to pay fees for the course degree at the time of admission. The updates on fee structure will be released by the institute every year during admission processes. Candidates are required to keep keen attention to the fee structure of the programs they are interested in pursuing.
1. The total fee of BTech, which is a four years course degree is approximately Rs. 10 lakhs.
2. The total fee for MTech, which is 2 years course degree is approximately Rs. 2 lakhs.
3. The total fee amount for PhD, which is of 3 years duration is approximately Rs. 2.10 lakhs.
IIIT Ranchi Exams and Cutoffs
IIIT Ranchi Student Reviews
Best college. As it is in NIT jamshedpur
IIIT Ranchi Facilities
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi as a college of national importance was established in the year 2016 under the Act of Parliament along with 20 other IIIT’s and is monitored by NIT, Jamshedpur at present to be able to emerge as a self-sustainable and autonomous institute in the coming years. The college was established through PPP (Public-Private Partnership) of MHRD, Government of India along with Government of Jharkhand and industry partners as Central Coalfield Limited (CCL), Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Tata Technologies. The college provides great infrastructural facilities and as an establishment of Government provides various facilities and will emerge as an independent entity in the coming years. At present, IIIT Ranchi shares its infrastructural facilities with NIT, Jamshedpur.
IIIT Ranchi Scholarship
IIIT Ranchi offers various scholarships through state and central government schemes. Pursuing a technology and engineering course degree can be quite expensive. But in order to give a chance to deserving students, scholarships have emerged. The scholarship schemes are introduced to provide financial support to meritorious students and backward category students in pursuing their academic studies. Scholarships are a way of encouraging students to work hard and make their dream come true by performing well in their academic studies. Students of IIIT Ranchi can avail for scholarships on the basis of merit as well as category. Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC can avail certain benefits through scholarships. General students can also apply for scholarships on the basis of their academic performance. The details of the IIIT Ranchi scholarships are given below in detail.
· Students can avail of central and state scholarship schemes based on the category they belong to and their academic performance. They can also apply for Public Sector Unit (PSU) scholarships apart from the central and state scholarships.
· Central Sector Scholarship: Students can avail of various central scholarship schemes through Ministry of Minority Affairs, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Labor and Employment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Department of Higher Education, and more. Students from the various categories could avail of these scholarship schemes if they met the criteria that their annual family income must not be above INR 4.5 lakhs. However, the criteria differ for each scholarship scheme.
· State Schemes: Students from different states, pursuing their course degree in IIIT Ranchi can avail for state schemes. The states that offer such scholarships include Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Manipur, Goa, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Meghalaya, Tripura, Uttarakhand, UT of Ladakh, Puducherry.
· UGC/AICTE Schemes: University Grants Commission (UGC) offers PG scholarships such as PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for the single girl child, PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders, PG Scholarship scheme for SC/ST students for pursuing professional courses. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) offers Pragati Scholarship for girl students, Saksham scholarship scheme for the specially-abled student.
· Other Scholarship: Apart from the above scholarship schemes, there are other scholarships offered to students in IIIT Ranchi. They include ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST students, SAIL scholarship for SC/ST students, NTPC Scholarship, Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority.
Students belonging to SC/ST category wanting to avail these scholarships should be from a family income less than INR 4.5 lakhs per annum. The merit-based scholarships are mostly offered to outstanding academic performers in the institute. Apart from scholarship schemes, students can avail of educational loans from various banks such as State Bank of India, Canara Bank, etc.
IIIT Ranchi Gallery
Questions related to IIIT Ranchi
I GOT IIIT RANCHI ECE.IS IT BETTER THAN AP EAMCET COLLEGES??WHICH COLLEGE SHOULD I CHOOSE??
IIIt Ranchi is one of the newest iiits in india. Its first batch was under NIT Jamshedpur. The average package of the first batch was around 6lakhs to 7lakhs which is very good. Whereas the colleges under AP EAMCET provide you an average package of 3lakhs to 4lakhs. Also if you get the top colleges then you will get good packages. IIIt Ranchi takes admission through jee mains obiviously the candidates are well deserving. So its better you opt for IIIT Ranchi as its one of the IITs and surely it will grow.
all the best!!
I GOT SEAT IN IIIT RANCHI ECE.HOW GOOD IS THE COLLEGE???
Hope you are doing well,
IIIt Ranchi electronics and communication engineering is good in this college. The teacher in this college is very good they not only teach regarding curriculum they also teaches you for many more exams which helps you when you once go out of the college. Here the placement is average and need to have well developed laboratories.
Check below link for further more information about this college,
Hope this information helps,
Best of luck.
What scholarships are available for OBC students in IIIT Ranchi?
there are many govt and private scholarships for students studying in IIIT ranchi. A student can also apply for PSU scholarships
some scholarship for OBC students are;-
2. Jharkhand state post metric scholarship- this scholarship is applicable if your family income is less than 1.5 lakh per annum.
3.merit cum means scholarships
for more scholarships and your eligibility you can check this website-
Which college is better for B Tech (CSE) - IIIT Ranchi (through JEE) or BIET Jhansi (through UPSEE)?
IIIT ranchi would be a better option for cse as, it is one of the finest college of the state and hence very good companies come here and take a decent amount of students with handsome package every year. Hence it would be a good choice over BIET jhnasi as it is not that good if we compare these two college.
I hope this helps
How is IIIT Ranchi? How is placement and campus life and what are the facilities provided? Is it good to join IIIT Ranchi?
IIIT Ranchi,do not have its own campus yet and thus students are residing at NIT Jamshedpur where they are offered with all the basic facilities.
All the new IIITs are in improving stage.
Placement,we can't comment yet as only one batch has passed as of now, curriculum is good.
You can visit the following link where you can read the review of the college from the students of the college itself:
IIIT Ranchi Related Articles
IIIT Ranchi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
the institute provides different hostels for boys along with a mess facility. The hostel consists of 2BHK and 3BHK flats that assist three or four students in one flat for the first year and students can also avail single rooms for the next year. The hostel also has enough furniture for students residing in the flats with different units for each student in the flat. The hostel also has 24/7 electricity along with LAN services for each student in the flat separately.
the institute provides different hostels for girls along with a mess facility. The hostel consists of 2BHK and 3BHK flats that assist three or four students in one flat for the first year and students can also avail single rooms for the next year. The hostel also has enough furniture for students residing in the flats with different units for each student in the flat. The hostel also has 24/7 electricity along with LAN services for each student in the flat separately.
The students of IIIT, Ranchi have access to the library of NIT, Jamshedpur that has been established as a Central library since 1960 and has premises covering three stories including different units as the reading hall, book bank, periodical section, a processing section, stack room, and a binding Unit. All of the units of the library serve a different purpose to students and also consists of the latest developed LIBNET software 7.0 to enable students to match the pace of developing digital world. The library also has a book scanner to establish it as user-friendly and is on its way to develop and install the new user-friendly system for maintaining the book records, govern issuing and returning process of books, and much more with a motive to inculcate all the necessary and developed mechanisms for students.
The students of the institute have access to computer labs, laboratories and other network services throughout the day from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. on all working days. There are three different computer labs having 50 PC’s each working through VSAT and IBM-Netfinity 5500, SUN Microsystems UltraSparc and HCL Infinity Global Line 2765 XD Servers access for students, staff and faculty members.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: