Indian Institute of Technology Goa was established in the year 2016 when ex-post- facto approval was given by the Union Cabinet for the corporation of six new IITs. The institute is also known as IIT Goa. Indian Institute of Technology Goa is an institution of national importance. Earlier the institute had three branches of Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Science & Engineering. IIT Goa offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students through the School of Mathematics & Computer Science, School of Mechanical Sciences, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Chemical & Biological Sciences, School of Electrical Sciences and School of Physical Sciences.
Indian Institute of Technology Goa is located at Veling in Goa. Karmali Railway Station is around 16 km away from the institute. Goa International Airport is approx 37 km away and KSRTC Departure Stand Bus Depot is around 5 km away from IIT Goa. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach IIT Goa.
Indian Institute of Technology Goa has the following collaborations:
Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT Indore)
CSIR- Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI Bhopal)
Goa College of Engineering (GEC)
CSIR- Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI Durgapur)
CSIR- National Institute of Oceanography (NIO Goa)
CSIR- Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology (IMMT Bhubaneswar)
Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
ALCOLAB India LLP
ARM India University Program
ECOLE NAVALE / French Naval Academy GOA-Atlantic cooperation programme
Megh Computing, Inc.
Various Institutions in France
The Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science, Portugal
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Literary Club: Literary club that works to develop student’s aptitude towards literary activities and nurture literary talent and enhances their literary creativity. It also enhances the communication skills of the students.
- Dance Club: Indian Institute of Technology Goa has well-trained dancers who perform in various dance competitions and function and showcase their dancing skills.
- Photography Club: This club of IIT Goa provides a platform for budding photographers to showcase their photography talent.
- Electronics Hobby Club
- Robotics Club: This Club provides a base for students who are into robotics to progress and contribute to this field. This Club helps to facilitate students to understand, design and learn robotics.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Admission to B.Tech/B.E programmes is offered by IIT Goa on the basis of scores Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced) and candidates qualifying JEE Advanced will further have to register with Joint Seat Allocation Authority for JoSAA counselling for participating in the choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment. Indian Institute of Technology Goa offers admission to M.Tech programmes on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE). IIT Goa offers admission to doctoral programme on the basis of a written test followed by a personal interview. Indian Institute of Technology Goa admission procedure of all the courses is given below.
- Aspiring candidates have to appear and qualify Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced).
- Based on their scores in JEE Advanced, candidates have to register with Joint Seat Allocation Authority for JoSAA counselling for choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, fee payment and document verification.
- Candidates need to choose IIT Goa as the preferred college while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates are offered admission to B.Tech programmes based on JEE Advanced, JoSAA registration, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) and obtain valid scores.
- Based on the GATE scores, aspirants have to apply online on the website of Indian Institute of Technology Goa.
- Admission will be based on GATE scores and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Candidates holding a B.Tech degree from any IIT are exempted from GATE and they are offered admission on the basis of a written test and personal interview.
- Final admission is based on GATE scores, institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of IIT Goa.
- Candidates have to appear for a written test and qualify it.
- Further candidates have to appear for an interview and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the marks obtained in the written test, personal interview, institute level document verification and fee payment.
Indian Institute of Technology Goa has infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. The facilities of Lendi Institute of Engineering and Technology are listed below.
- Library: IIT Goa has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: Indian Institute of Technology Goa provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Laboratories: IIT Goa has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Medical facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the student IIT Goa has a Medical Centre that provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Overall, Its a good IIT and developing at a really fast rate
Last Seen: 25 Jun' 20
Joined On: 04 Feb' 19
Education Interest: n/a
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Last Seen: 30 May' 20
Joined On: 17 Dec' 15
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Questions related to IIT Goa
I m PCM student I want to get into IISER but biology is a problem for me. pls provide solution
Candidates can get admission through JEE Advanced in IISER.Candidates rank must be in top 10,000 to be eligible to get admission.So you need to appear in JEE main qualify in it and appear in JEE Advanced.
For other information you can click the link below
My GATE score-581 in CS, AI- 2189, CASTE- EWS(Female) do i have chances at IIT Goa and IIT Gandhinagar
The qualifying cutoff for GATE has been declared.GATE qualifying cutoff or simply GATE cutoff is the minimum marks which candidates have to score to qualify the exam. Every year the cutoff varies depending upon the number of candidates appearing in the examination,category of the candidates etcetra.
This year the qualifying cutoff for Computer Science Engineering is 28.5 for open category.Now for admission every institution will release Its own cutoffs.
Computer Science Engineering is a vast branch and it offers specialized courses and every institution offers various subjects within it and cutoff is different for all.
You haven't mentioned your category so it's difficult to predict your chances.
You can use our GATE College Predictor to know about your chances:
Hope this helps.
how do I get an internship in IIT GOA
Hello student there's a placement cell in IIT GOA which is conduct placement during every summer holiday for summer internship. On the basis of your academic qualifications and skills they'll judge you.
You can apply for internship on the official link mentioned below.
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
Does ISRO recruits MTech CSE students through IITs?
IIST offers Postgraduate Programmes like:
M.Tech in Soft Computing & Machine Learning
M.Tech in RF & Microwave Engineering
M.Tech in Geo informatics
M.Tech in Optical Engineering
M.Tech in Machine Learning & Computing
M.Tech in Solid State Technology
M.Tech in VLSI & Microsystems
M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology, etc.
Opportunities depend upon ISRO Placements conducted by centralised recruitment committee. But ISRO doesn't conduct campus Placements like other companies. And CSE students do not have much opportunities in ISRO. However, we would suggest you to keep visiting their official website for relevant opportunites.
Im in depression pls suggest me HOW TO STUDY. Im having suicidal thoughts. pls help. Im in class 11
Good things takes time!! Take care of yourself.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: