- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Master of Science By Research in Mechanical Engineering is a two years full-time duration research course offered by the Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati.
Research Areas: Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Turbomachines, Renewable Energy, Sprays and Combustion, Energy Storage and CFD, Solid Mechanics, Computational Mechanics, Composites, Vibrations and Dynamics, Interaction between plasticity and martensitic phase transformations in crystalline solids., Manufacturing, Metrology, Advanced Manufacturing, Micro-Nano Machining, Additive Manufacturing, Tribology.
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree for full time scholars are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant departments with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. program of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both parts A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record: The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical and Electronics/Electronics and communications), The Institute of Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a CGPA of at least 8/10 are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE the score, to the MS Programme and they can be offered HTRA if selected.
- Candidates under External Registration should have the same qualification as in (a) however, the valid GATE score is not required.
Category of Admission:
- Regular Full-Time Scholars
- Research scholars under the external registration programme sponsored by and employed in the parent industry/organisation having R&D facilities and recognized by DST or IIT Tirupati. A research scholar under the external the registration programme will normally carry out part or all of his/her research work in the industry/organisation/national laboratory employing the scholar under the supervision of a guide employed in the same organisation and a guide at IIT Tirupati. The candidate must have at least two years’ experience in the parent organisation.