The Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri was established for Western Maharashtra with its jurisdiction spread over ten districts namely, Sangli, Kolhapur, Pune, Satara, Dhule, Ahmednagar, Solapur, Nashik, Jalgaon and Nandurbar in the year 1969. The university is also known as MPKV and it is considered as one of the premier Agricultural University in Maharashtra. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth is assisted by Agricultural Research Council, Academic Council, Extension Education Council for coordination and review of academic, agricultural development programmes and research and extension education programmes and seed production. MPKV offers diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programme to the students.
MPKV is located at Manmad Road, Ahmed Nagar, Rahuri in Maharashtra. The university is well connected with railway, airway and roadways. The nearest railway station to the university is Vambori Railway Station and it is around 9 km away from the varsity. Shirdi International Airport is approximately 52 km away from Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth. Khadambe BK Bus Depot is around 7 km away and it takes around 9 minutes to reach MPKV via car/auto/cab from the bus depot.
MPKV has the following collaborations:
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with ICRISAT, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (NIASM), ICAR, Baramati
- Maharashtra State Seed Corporation Ltd ( MSSCL)
- Indo- Israel work plan Collaboration
- International Centre for Agricultural Research in the Dryland (ICARDA) Aleppo, Syria
- Babha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Trombay
- Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR)
- Shriram Rural Research and Development Centre
- Agricultural Microorganism Manufacturer and Farmer Association, Nasik (AMMFA)
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Hyderabad
- Maharashtra Hybrid Seed Company Pvt. Ltd., Jalna (Mahyco)
- Mula Education Society
- Central Research Institute of Dryland Agriculture, Hyderabad (CRIDA)
- Bamboo Research and Training Centre Chincpalli Dist: Chandrapur
- Yuva Mitra Sinnar Nashik
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi
- Sakal Papers Ltd., Pune
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- NABARD, Pune
- BAIF , Pune
- National Fertilizers Ltd., Jalgaon
Exams and Cutoffs
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Admission
MPKV offers diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programme to the students. University-based admission is for B.Sc. (Hons) (Agricultural Business Management)/B. Sc. (Honours) (Animal Husbandry) programmes wherein marks of MHT-CET/Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main)/NEET/AIEEE-UG is considered for admissions. According to the MPKV admission process for B. Sc. (Honours) (Agriculture)/B. Sc. (Honours) (Horticulture)/B. Tech. (Biotechnology)/B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/B. Tech. (Food Technology), candidates have to secure valid scores in MHT-CET/JEE Main/NEET/AIEEA-UG and then participate in the counselling process conducted by Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER). Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri offers admission to the postgraduate and doctoral programmes on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination and an entrance examination conducted by the Maharashtra Agricultural Universities Examination Board and the counselling process. Candidates desirous to take admission to the programmes offered by the university can check the step by step admission procedure mentioned further in the article:
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri admission Procedure for UG programmes
B.Sc. (Hons) (Agricultural Business Management)/B. Sc. (Honours) (Animal Husbandry)
- Aspiring candidates have to apply and appear MHT-CET/JEE Main/NEET UG /AIEEE-UG.
- On the basis of the scores obtained in the above-mentioned exams, candidates have to apply online on the website of the university.
- Shortlisting of applicants will be based on the marks obtained in MHT-CET/JEE/NEET/AIEEE-UG and the shortlisted candidates have to appear for the university level counselling process.
- Aspiring candidates have to get their documents verified and then pay the course fee.
- The final selection criteria include the marks obtained in the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) /JEE Main/NEET/AIEEE-UG, participation in the counselling process, verification of documents and fee payment.
B. Sc. (Honours) (Agriculture)/B. Sc. (Honours) (Horticulture)/B. Tech. (Biotechnology)/B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/B. Tech. (Food Technology)
- Candidates have to apply and appear for MHT-CET/JEE Main/NEET/AIEEA-UG and obtain valid scores.
- For B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/B. Tech. (Food Technology) NEET scores are not accepted and admission shall be based only on the marks obtained in MHT-CET/JEE Main/AIEEA-UG.
- Candidates need to submit an online application on the website of Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education and Research (MCAER) Pune.
- Admission shall be based on the marks obtained in MHT-CET/Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main)/NEET/AIEEA-UG and a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained to shortlist the candidates accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the counselling and then after the seat has been allotted, candidates have to get the documents verified and pay the requisite fee.
- Final selection of candidates shall be based on the marks obtained in Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) /JEE Main/NEET/AIEEA-UG, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri admission Procedure for PG programmes
Admission to all PG programmes
- Aspiring candidates have to apply and appear for Common Entrance Test (MCAER PG CET) conducted by the Maharashtra Agricultural Universities Examination Board (MAUEB).
- Admission shall be given on the basis of marks obtained in MCAER PG CET and merit of the qualifying examination with a weightage of 70% and 30% respectively.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authorities for shortlisting the candidates who will take part in the next stage of the admission procedure and such candidates have to participate in the MCAER PG CET counselling and fill in Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri during the choice filling in the counselling process and get their document verified and pay the requisite fee.
- Final admission shall be based on the marks secured in the MCAER PG CET and merit of the qualifying examination, participation in the MCAER PG CET counselling, document verification and fee payment.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri Admission Procedure for doctoral programmes
- Candidates desirous to pursue doctoral programme from MPKV have to apply and appear MAUEB Common Entrance Test for Ph.D.
- Candidates will be considered for admission on the basis of marks obtained in MAUEB Common Entrance Test for Ph.D and merit of the qualifying examination with a weightage of 70% and 30% respectively.
- In order to shortlist candidates to take part in the next stage of the admission procedure, a merit list will be prepared by the authorities and such candidates have to participate in the counselling process and fill in Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri during the choice filling in the counselling process and get their document verified and pay the requisite fee.
- Thus, final admission to the shortlisted aspirant shall be based on the marks secured in the MAUEB Common Entrance Test for Ph.D., the merit of the qualifying examination, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Facilities
MPKV provides essential facilities to the students so that they can a better college life. Students are encouraged to be a part of various sports facilities that are provided at the varsity. The canteen caters to the food requirement and serves them with a variety of food and beverages. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth has laboratories that are well equipped with advanced and modern instruments. One can refer to the next part of the article in order to know about the facilities of MPKV.
Sports - The university provides sports facilities to the students and students of the varsity are encouraged to participate in the various indoor and outdoor sports for their physical and mental wellness.
Canteen - MPKV has a hygienically maintained canteen that provides healthy and nutritious food as well as beverages to the members of the varsity at an affordable cost.
Library - The library of the institute is sacred to the book lovers and they happily spend their free time at the library and there is a separate reading room with a seating capacity of 495 students attached to the library. Students can also avail photocopying facility at the library at a reasonable price.
- Laboratories - The university has well-designed laboratories that help the students to carry out practical experiments and gain practical exposure apart from theoretical knowledge.
Questions related to Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
Hello,I am Learning In 12th std in pune. I want to take my further admission at Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Rahuri.for B.Tech Agriculture. So I have question that can I take admission in that college with PCM group. And for Which exam I will prepare to get admission?
You can definitely get admission in Mahatma Gandhi Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, for B. Tech in Agricultural Engineering with PCM group in +2 level. This course is a 4-years Undergraduate course, and to be eligible for it, students are required to pass 10+2 in Science stream along with PCM or PCMB group, and with English as a compulsory subject. The candidates who did not have Biology will have to go through makeup (deficiency) courses as asked by respective University. Students who had PCM in +2 will have to appear entrance examinations like MHT-CET or JEE or AIEEA-UG that are organized by Competent Authority in PCM group.
Hope this helps!!!
I want to take admission in mahatma phule krishi vidyapeeth rahuri I score 80%in hsc .now what should I do to apply b.sc agri in rahuri college
I have personally spoken to the college authority in this matter. The admissions have not yet started for the current session. However, the college is planning to start the round of admissions tentatively in the month of August.
As far as your score is concerned, admission in the college will only be confirmed once the cutoff is out.
The notifications would be released soon on the official website: https://mpkv.ac.in/Student/AdmissionProcedure
b.sc agriculture (hons.) available at clg or not
Yes, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri offers B.sc (hons) Agriculture, it's an 4 years course.
Hope this information helps you, all the best
please give me admission to your college
I am providing you a link below where you will be able to apply for admission in Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth.After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to the website of the MPKV where you can check eligiblity and procedure for admission.
I hope this helps.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: