- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- The duration of the course for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy shall be at least six semesters (3 academic years) for the students who have undergone 4 years undergraduate programme and 2 years of PG programme. The students admitted to the Ph.D. programme with 3 years bachelor degree will have to undergo one-year pre-requisite coursework and their minimum duration of the programme will be 8 semesters (4 years).
- Minimum age limit for Ph.D. candidates shall be 21 years. Normally there will be no upper age limit. The age shall be reckoned as on 1st August of the year of admission. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
The final selection for admission to Ph.D. will be based on the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination.
- Admission to Ph.D. in Dairying programme is a Master's degree from any university recognized by the Institute, in the relevant subject.
- Candidates having completed their Master’s Degree programme in the relevant field as given below must have obtained at least 60% marks or an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 6.60 out of 10.00 or 3.25 out of 5.00 or 2.60 out of 4.00 (For SC/ST/PH candidates 50% marks or OGPA of 5.60 out of 10.00, 2.75 out of 5.00 or 2.20 out of 4.00) or a certificate from Registrar of having OGPA equivalent to 60% marks.
- The candidates appearing for final year examination of Masters Degree Programme can also apply subject to producing his/her Master's Degree certificate on the date of counseling.