Admission Process 2021
National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management offers admission to various undergraduate (B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA) and doctoral courses. Admission to B.Tech is done through JEE Main examination while for M.Tech and MBA candidates have to qualify GATE and CAT/MAT examination respectively. Admission to the doctoral course will be based on the Research Entrance Test (RET). The detailed admission processes are given below:
- Candidates have to register and apply on the college website.
- Candidates have to take and qualify JEE Main. A merit list will be prepared purely based on All India Rank of JEE Main.
- Further candidates will have to participate in the offline counselling process which is done by NIFTEM admission cell at NIFTEM campus.
- Admission will be based on a valid Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE) score and personal interview.
- A merit list will be prepared based on valid GATE score multiplied by 0.7 (70% weightage of GATE score) and will be added to marks obtained in the personal interview.
- The remaining vacant seats, if any, will be filled by non-GATE applicants who will have to qualify the Common Entrance Exam (70 marks) in place of GATE, conducted by NIFTEM at NIFTEM campus, Kundli followed by personal interview (30 marks).
- Candidates have to take and qualify CAT/MAT.
- Admission will be based on the score of CAT/MAT of the preceding two years of the admission year and Internal-Test
- For non-CAT/MAT category applicants, an Internal Test will be conducted.
- The final selection of shortlisted candidates will be made on the basis of GD/PI, past academic performance, and work experience.
- Candidates will have to appear for Research Entrance Test (RET) which is conducted by NIFTEM in its campus followed by interview for the candidates who qualify RET.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of RET (70% weightage) and interview (30% weightage).
- Preference will be given to NET/GATE qualified candidates.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Students are admitted to this programme through IIT JEE (Main) merit list and the programme is very competitive.