Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Longowal was established in 1989 by Ministry Of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Government of India. SLIET is a Deemed-to-be-University. The campus spreads over 451 acres of land. SLIET was inaugurated on 20th December 1991. The College is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). SLIET offers diploma, undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA), and doctoral (Ph.D, M.Sc) courses in various areas.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology is located in Longowal, Sangrur, Punjab. The nearest airport from the institute is the Chandigarh Airport which is located approximately 150 km away. Students can take a bus or hire a cab and reach the campus in about 2 hours 20 mins. The nearest railway station from SLIET is the Sangrur Railway Station which is 18 km away and students can reach the campus in about 21 minutes.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- SLIET is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Bansal Hospital and Heart Centre, Haripura Road, Sangrur
- Singla Surgical Hospital, Dhuri Road, Sangrur
- Sibia Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Jind Road, Sangrur
- Harbans Ultrasound & CT Scan Centre, Opposite Civil Hospital, Sangrur
- Dr. Sodhi Scans, Dhuri Road, Sangrur
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Cultural Committee: This Club organises various cultural activities like regional feasts or dandiya night, Christmas celebration or open mic nights, etc.
- Spicmacay Committee:
- Art and Decoration Society: SLIET organizes workshops on script-writing, cinematography, movie-making, movie-analysis and other activities related to the appreciation of films.
- Food Technocrats
- Raj Bhasha Samiti
- Sports Committee: This club helps students achieve a healthier lifestyle cope with a studious environment. SLIET has various centres for physical education and sports activities to help students maintain physical fitness. It has numerous outdoor playgrounds and indoor courts are spread over a vast area.
- Paddler Club:
- Skating Club - Skylines: This Club is for the students who are interested in skating and want to become a good skater in future.
- NCC: NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defence forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
- Health Yoga Club: This Club helps students to take up a healthy lifestyle by giving them yoga training. Yoga education helps in self-discipline and self-control, which leads to awareness, concentration and gives a higher level of consciousness. Yoga sessions are arranged regularly to give knowledge on how to have good health, practice mental hygiene, possess emotional stability, integrate moral values, and attain a higher level of consciousness.
- Bharat Scouts
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Happy Club
- Persona SLIET
- Strategic Society
Browse by Degree
This College is accredited by NAAC B+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 29 Oct 2022 and the score is 2.58 .
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology offers admission to various courses such as BE, M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D, M.Sc, and Integrated Certificate Diploma. Admissions will be done on the basis of the performance in entrance examinations, counselling followed by a group discussion or an interview. The detailed admission processes are given below:
For Diploma Courses ( Integrated Certificate Diploma):
- Candidates have to fill an online application form for the entrance examination conducted by SLIET.
- Admission will be done on the basis of All India SLIET Entrance Test (SET).
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Undergraduate Courses (BE)
- The candidates should qualify Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Candidates have to register for JoSAA/CSAB counselling process and choose SLIET as their preference.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done after choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MBA):
- For M.Tech, the candidates should have a valid score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Eligible candidates should register for a CCMT counselling process and choose Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- For MBA, candidates should qualify anyone of these entrance exams: GATE/CAT/CMAT.
- Selected candidates will have to appear at the college for group discussion followed by the interview.
- Final admission will be offered to the students after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Research Courses (Ph.D/M.Sc):
- Candidates have to fill an online application form on SLIET website.
- For M.Sc, candidates should qualify anyone entrance test: Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET)/Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM)/Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET).
- Selected candidates will have to appear for CCMN counselling process.
- Selection for the Ph.D Courses will be done on the basis of the score secured in GATE/NET followed by the counselling and interview.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
SLIET offers many different facilities to the students and faculty. There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls. There is a sports field where cricket and football may be played. The campus is Wi- Fi enabled. A health centre is also there to cater to medical emergencies. The library here is one of the best stocked within the region.
- Hostels: The College provides separate hostels for boys and girls with other facilities like kitchen, dinning hall, wi-fi, cable tv, etc.
- Library: Library of SLIET contains various technical books, books on literature, national and international magazines, journals etc for the students and faculty.
- Computing Facility: Computer centre of the College is equipped with the latest hardware & software. To get the practical knowledge, students can make use of this facility.
- Health Centre: Medical staff and specialists are available at the health centre to take care of the students for any injuries or emergency.
- Sports: Different indoor and outdoor sports facilities like cricket, basketball, carom, chess, etc are available to the students.
- Activity Centre: This is the area where different events and activities are organised for the students to enhance their talent in other different areas. It has squash courts, gymnasium, indoor games, etc.
Best among GFTI's and many NITs.
Best Colleges among GFTI and at par with many NITs
Nice college for engineering at low cost
Clean, Green and Safe SLIET
Amazing and wonderful to be a part of SLIET.
Questions related to Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal
very bad app no one even telle.my question .. which was that can I get SLIET punjab with cs branch in CRL rank of 59119 and EWS rank 9806 my Homs state is uttarakhand ... please tell me straight forward ..
According to your rank and as per the previous year's cutoff, chances are tough to get admission in Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
Last year's cutoff rank for CSE branch in this college was 5439. So, your chances might be tough.
You can try for admission through state level counsellings.
Write back to us if you have any other queries.
Sliet Punjab , Is there is any placement for Diploma student
Hello. SLIET college placement records mass recruiters such as TCS,INFOSYS, WIPRO and many more.
Career for IT students is quite bright there. But then again , it totally depends on your networking as well as your knowledge. If you are bright and efficient enough then you can easily grab a job.
Whether you are a diploma holder or a BE holder. That doesn't matter.
Go with it, and get best output of it . You will definitely get a job.
Hope that helps!
How to prepare for sliet set 3 lateral entry in electrical engineering.
see in official website of sant longowal institute of engineering and management has no previous years sample paper for lateral entry entrance test. so candidates have to prepare by self study.. generally if you have go through many state wise lateral entry test papers like JILET, bihar lateral entry exam questions are based on three years diploma course. since your stream is electrical you have to revise the full 3 years diploma syllabus. generally mcq questions are asked in many exams. I have mentioned some of the books name below which would be helpful for exams preparations.
- Lateral Entry to Engg. Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide (Old edition): Entrance Exam Paperback –by RPH Editorial Board (Author)
- Leet (Lateral Engineering Entrance Test) 2019 by gkp publications.
i get 75.66 in pcm and 81.38 percentile in jee mains can i get admission in betech cse in sliet
I will mention the closing ranks of all the branches in Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology-
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering-
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering-44,846
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering-48,843
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (Welding Technology)-59,587
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering)-55,005
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering-56,006
- B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering-57,397
- B.E. in Food Technology-60,277
And based on your percentile score your rank will be around 1.5 lakh so you cannot get a seat in Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
JEE MAIN COLLEGE PREDICTOR-https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-college-predictor
I have 71% in 10+2 and 39.90 percentile in JEE Mains. Can I get admission in CSE at SLIET Longowal?
Eligibility criteria for admission in SLIET longowal :
The candidates should qualify jee mains .
Candidates have to register for josaa/Csab counselling process and choose sliet as their preference.
Final selection of the candidates will be done after choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, documents verification and fee payment.
Your percentile in jee mains is very low. That's why I say 'No ' . You are not eligible.
For more details related to cut off. Kindly go through this link:
I hope it helps you.
Happy learning! !
Among the top 100 engineering colleges in India, Sant Longowal Institute o....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 29 Oct 2022 ; CGPA : 2.58