- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
MVSc Veterinary Pathology is full time two year Post graduate degree course offered at Madras Veterinary College and offered by Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai.
The selection of candidates for admission to MVSc degree programme shall be done on the basis of the marks obtained in the Common Entrance Examination and the qualifying examination marks obtained in the BVSc & AH programe
Candidates possessing a BVSc / BVSc & AH degree of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereof shall be eligible to apply. The candidates should have completed their degrees from colleges recognized by the Veterinary Council of India.
Only 75% of the admission strength for the year is available for the candidates from Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% is reserved for candidates from other states through ICAR. If there are any unfilled seats, in-state quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other states who have applied and appeared for the entrance examination conducted by the University. The candidates from other states will be considered for admission by maintaining a separate rank list only against the vacancies that may arise from the state quota.
Candidates from other states cannot claim admission in the quota reserved for Tamil Nadu state candidates as a matter of right on the basis of merit.
Candidates who are seeking admission under Tamil Nadu state quota to the MVSc degree courses excepting those who have undergone Undergraduate degree course (BVSc & AH) in Tamil Nadu on the selection from Tamil Nadu state quota should furnish a Nativity Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format in the application form.
Candidates with an OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 under trimester system or 6.50 out of 10.00 or 65% aggregate under semester pattern alone are eligible to apply for admission to MVSc degree programme. Candidates who have studied under the conventional system should possess a minimum of 55% marks in their Bachelor’s degree. Candidates who have passed BVSc & AH degree under the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) regulations should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks. For SC/ST candidates, a minimum pass is sufficient.