University of Rajasthan, Jaipur was established in the year 1947. The university is also known as UNIRAJ. UNIRAJ was formerly known as the University of Rajputana later on in the year 1957 after the merger of Ajmer-Merwara with the State of Rajasthan it was named to University of Rajasthan. The university was temporarily functioning in the Kesargarh Fort. Shri C. Rajagopalachari laid the foundation stone of the University Campus at Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg. UNIRAJ is recognised by University Grants Commission under sections2fand 12BofUGCAct. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur spreads over 338.14 acres of land. UNIRAJ has around 9 Faculties, 37 Departments and18 Research Centres. The nine faculties of UNIRAJ are- Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur has been recognised as University with Potential for Excellence (UPE) by University Grants Commission. UNIRAJ offers UG, PG, M. Phil. Ph.D., Certificate, PG Diploma and Diploma courses to the students.
UNIRAJ is located at Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jaipur in Rajasthan. Gandhinagar Jaipur Railway Station is around 2 km away from the university. Jaipur International Airport is approximately 7 km away and Vaishali Nagar Bus Depot is around 5 km away from the University of Rajasthan. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. (NAAC).
UNIRAJ has the following collaborations:
- UNICEF, CARE, DST, Prayas, DWCD, NHM
- Spanish Government
- Large Hadron Collider at
- CERN (Geneva)
- Nuclear Reactor at Dubna (Russia),
- Synchrotron Radiation Sources in Italy and Chicago,
- Nano-particle Based Drug Delivery Research in Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- State University of NewYork, Buffalo
- Rajasthan Urdu Academy, Jaipur
- STAR (Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York)
- ALICE (CERN, Geneva)
- Cornell University, New York
- Centre of Rajasthan Studies
- University of Leicester, UK
- Rajasthan MahilaItihaskar Parishad
Clubs, Committees and Societies:-
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Red Ribbons Club: This Club of UNIRAJ supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- English Literature: Eclectics is the English Literature Society of the University of Rajasthan that nurtures the literary talent of the students and have students interested in English Literature.
- Dance Society: Nartana is the Dance Society of UNIRAJ that has students having excellent dancing skills and they participate in various dance competitions showcasing their dance performances.
- Dramatics Society: Rangsheel is the Dramatics Society of the University of Rajasthan that has theatre and drama enthusiasts who perform acts, skits and nukkad nataks for the audiences.
- Photography Society: Oh! Snap is the Photography Club that provides a platform to the budding photographers to showcase their photography talent they work with the objective to organise and participate in the photography competition.
- Music Society: Naad is the Music Society of UNIRAJ, that nurtures the musical talent of the music lovers and they participate in various musical events and bring laurels to the university.
- Fine Arts Society: Art attackers is the Fine Arts Society of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur nurtures the artistic and creative talent of the college and promotes fine arts and potential students having magical fingers in arts showcase their skills in the field of art.
- Placement Cell: The Placement Cell of the university works to make sure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search and facilitates smooth conduction of placement drive at the campus.
- Hindi Literature: Tehreer is the Hindi Literature society of UNIRAJ that has students interested Hindi and are keen in enhancing their knowledge in Hindi Literature.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 16 Mar 2021 and the score is 3.21 .
Exams and Cutoffs
UNIRAJ offers UG, PG, M. Phil. PhD, Certificate, PG Diploma and Diploma courses to the students and Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science are the faculties offering these courses. Admission to undergraduate courses of UNIRAJ is offered either on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam or entrance test. Admission to postgraduate courses is based on the marks secured in University of Rajasthan Admission Test for Post Graduate Courses and academic merit. Participation in the counselling process of all the courses offered by UNIRAJ is mandatory. The detailed admission procedure of all the courses offered by the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur is given below:
M. A./M.Com/Master of Cost Control & Account/M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (Master of Library & Information Science )/M.Sc/Master of Human Resource Management/Master of International Business/Master of Commerce (Financial Analysis and control)/MCA/Master of Journalism & Communication/P. G. Diploma in Jain Studies/P.G. Diploma in European Studies/P. G. Diploma in Banking and Finance/P. G. Diploma in Cooperation/P.G. Diploma in Project Planning & Infrastructure Management/P.G. Diploma in Management of Small Scale and Agro Industries/ P.G. Diploma in Development and Investment Banking/P. G. Diploma in Dramatics/P. G. Diploma in Indian Culture/P. G. Diploma in Energy Studies/P.G. Diploma in Women's Studies
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for University of Rajasthan Admission Test for Postgraduate Courses (URATPG).
- Admission will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance test and merit of the qualifying exam with a weightage of 70% and 30% respectively.
- Based on the marks secured in URATPG and academic merit, a merit list will be prepared by UNIRAJ and candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be shortlisted for participating in the counselling process.
- For the Master of Physical Education, passing the Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for every candidate.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the Rajasthan University Counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- For courses like M. A. (Dramatics )/M. A. (Drawing & Painting)/Master of Performing Arts (Music), (Vocal), (Instrumental-Sitar)/M.A. (Music), (Vocal), (Instrumental-Sitar)/Master of Visual Arts a practical examination of 30 marks will be conducted by the respective departments.
- Final admission will be based on the academic merit, marks secured in University of Rajasthan Admission Test for Postgraduate Courses, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
L L. M./P. G. Diploma in Criminology/P. G. Diploma in Labour Law/P. G. Diploma in Taxation/P. G. Diploma in Environmental Law
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of UNIRAJ.
- Admission will be offered on the basis of an entrance test which will be out of 70 marks.
- Candidates qualifying for the exam will be shortlisted and will have to participate in the university level document verification.
- Further, candidates move to the last stage of admission to UNIRAJ comprises document verification and fee payment. Admission is confirmed only when the documents get verified and the requisite fee is paid.
- Final admission will be based on the merit of the entrance test, participation in the counselling, document verification and fee payment.
Master of Business Administration
- Eligible candidates have to fill in the application form and submit it to the Convener PIM-MAT.
- Applicants have to appear for RA Poddar Institute of Management – Management Aptitude Test and qualify it.
- Candidates qualifying the test will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in PI-MMAT, performance in GD and PI.
- Further, the candidates whose names show up in the merit list will have to participate in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in PIMP-MAT, performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview, document verification and fee payment.
Master of Bussiness Administration Executive/3 year M.Tech in Converging Technologies/Two-year M.Tech in Converging Technologies/Post P. G. Diploma in Human Ecology/Post P. G. Diploma in Environmental Studies/Post P. G. Diploma in Population Studies/Post P.G. Diploma in Counselling/Post Diploma in French Language/Post Diploma in German Language/Post Diploma in Spanish Language/Diploma/BA/B.Com/ B. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (Bachelor of Library & Information Science)/B. V. A. (Applied Arts / Painting / Sculpture)/B.Sc/BCA/BBA/Bachelor of Physical Education/Certificate courses/P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education/Integrated Dual Degree B.Tech & M.Tech course
- Aspirants have to apply on the website of UNIRAJ.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, a merit list will be prepared by the university and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- For P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education, passing in the Physical Fitness test is mandatory for every aspirant.
- For integrated Dual Degree B.Tech & M.Tech course, scores of national level entrance exam will also be considered.
- The final stage of admission involves university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered to shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit, university-level document verification and fee payment.
B.A L L B (Hons.)
- Eligible candidates have to apply online on the website of UNIRAJ.
- Aspiring candidates have to appear for Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test (RULET) conducted by the University of Rajasthan.
- Candidates qualifying the exam will be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates have to appear for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Further, aspiring candidates have to participate in the RULET counselling process for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of marks secured in RULET, performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview, document verification and fee payment.
L L. B. (Academic/Professional)
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of UNIRAJ.
- An entrance test will be conducted and candidates qualifying the entrance test will be shortlisted.
- In the next stage of admission, shortlisted aspirants have to take part in the counselling process and get their documents verified and pay the fee for the confirmation of admission.
- Final admission will be offered to students on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
B.P.A. 1. (Vocal) 2.(Instrumental-Sitar/B.P.A. (i) Kathak Dance (ii) Tabla
- Eligible candidates have to submit an online application on the website of University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- An aptitude test will be conducted by the university and candidates have to qualify the test.
- Candidates qualifying the test will be further participating in the counselling process.
- Last stage of admission involves university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in the aptitude test, participation in the counselling process document verification and fee payment.
University of Rajasthan, Jaipur has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Library: UNIRAJ has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: The university provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: University of Rajasthan provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Computing Centre: The university satisfies all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty through its computing centre.
- Laboratories: UNIRAJ has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Medical Facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur provides medical facilities to the students.
Great Experience of Rajasthan
Last Seen: 22 May' 17
Joined On: 22 May' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 1987
Way to a better future
Last Seen: 01 Oct' 16
Joined On: 01 Oct' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BA LLB Hons
I got many chance to express my views in wide
Last Seen: 29 Aug' 16
Joined On: 30 May' 15
Education Interest: Law
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
Shri Adinath Commerce College
Mix of Studies and Extra Curricular Activities
Joined On: 17 Oct' 15
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
- B.Com Accountancy and Business Statistics Hons
Questions related to UNIRAJ
When will be the admission forms of UNIRAJ for UG course be open for 2020?
Admission notification for UG courses in University of Rajasthan for th academic year 2020-21 is expected to be out by June second week.Once the notification is out the important dates such as application starting date, ending date etc will be announced.You need to be a little patient because of lockdown the admission might get slower than usual.You can check the dates here https://university.careers360.com/articles/rajasthan-university-admission
What are the documents required to take admission for UG course 2020 in DU and UNIRAJ?
The basic documents needed to take admission in any college are;
Copy off fee receipt/ challan
Category certificates for OBC/ SC/ ST candidates
OBC Non creamy layer certificate
Anti ragging certificate
Affidavit on non judicial paper attested by Notary public (In case of gap year)
Copy of admission application form
Original 10th, 12th and Graduation certificates
Income certificate if you fall under caste.
Make sure you have all of these. Hope this helps!
Are the forms of DU and UNIRAJ out for UG course 2020?
No, the application form for DU UG and UNIRAJ UG are not yet out.Due to lock down and corona crisis that is going around there will be a bit delay in the admission process.The dates will be announced shortly.You can check the dates here for UNIRAJ UG Rajasthan University Admission 2020
You can check DU UG updates here DU Admission 2020
entrence exam in Rajasthan university?
You have not mentioned the course in which you are interested in.The official notification for UG admission 2020 will be released in May, 2020 tentatively.For PF admission it is going to be released in the month of June 2020 tentatively.Due to lockdown it might take a while than usual.You can check the relevant details here https://university.careers360.com/articles/rajasthan-university-admission
Does University Commerce College , Jaipur comes under Rajasthan University?
Yes, university of commerce college, Jaipur is a public university i.e., government university which has an approval of constitute with the Rajasthan university.
University of commerce college, comes in the list of 5 constitute colleges of university of Rajasthan. For more details of the college can refer the link provided below
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 16 Mar 2021 ; CGPA : 3.21