University of Rajasthan, Jaipur was established in the year 1947. The university is also known as UNIRAJ. UNIRAJ was formerly known as the University of Rajputana later on in the year 1957 after the merger of Ajmer-Merwara with the State of Rajasthan it was named to University of Rajasthan. The university was temporarily functioning in the Kesargarh Fort. Shri C. Rajagopalachari laid the foundation stone of the University Campus at Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg. UNIRAJ is recognised by University Grants Commission under sections2fand 12BofUGCAct. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur spreads over 338.14 acres of land. UNIRAJ has around 9 Faculties, 37 Departments and18 Research Centres. The nine faculties of UNIRAJ are- Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur has been recognised as University with Potential for Excellence (UPE) by University Grants Commission. UNIRAJ offers UG, PG, M. Phil. Ph.D., Certificate, PG Diploma and Diploma courses to the students.
UNIRAJ is located at Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jaipur in Rajasthan. Gandhinagar Jaipur Railway Station is around 2 km away from the university. Jaipur International Airport is approximately 7 km away and Vaishali Nagar Bus Depot is around 5 km away from the University of Rajasthan. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. (NAAC).
UNIRAJ has the following collaborations:
- UNICEF, CARE, DST, Prayas, DWCD, NHM
- Spanish Government
- Large Hadron Collider at
- CERN (Geneva)
- Nuclear Reactor at Dubna (Russia),
- Synchrotron Radiation Sources in Italy and Chicago,
- Nano-particle Based Drug Delivery Research in Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- State University of NewYork, Buffalo
- Rajasthan Urdu Academy, Jaipur
- STAR (Brookhaven National Laboratory, New York)
- ALICE (CERN, Geneva)
- Cornell University, New York
- Centre of Rajasthan Studies
- University of Leicester, UK
- Rajasthan MahilaItihaskar Parishad
Clubs, Committees and Societies:-
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Red Ribbons Club: This Club of UNIRAJ supports people living with HIV/AIDS and helps them to identify their ray of hope.
- English Literature: Eclectics is the English Literature Society of the University of Rajasthan that nurtures the literary talent of the students and have students interested in English Literature.
- Dance Society: Nartana is the Dance Society of UNIRAJ that has students having excellent dancing skills and they participate in various dance competitions showcasing their dance performances.
- Dramatics Society: Rangsheel is the Dramatics Society of the University of Rajasthan that has theatre and drama enthusiasts who perform acts, skits and nukkad nataks for the audiences.
- Photography Society: Oh! Snap is the Photography Club that provides a platform to the budding photographers to showcase their photography talent they work with the objective to organise and participate in the photography competition.
- Music Society: Naad is the Music Society of UNIRAJ, that nurtures the musical talent of the music lovers and they participate in various musical events and bring laurels to the university.
- Fine Arts Society: Art attackers is the Fine Arts Society of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur nurtures the artistic and creative talent of the college and promotes fine arts and potential students having magical fingers in arts showcase their skills in the field of art.
- Placement Cell: The Placement Cell of the university works to make sure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search and facilitates smooth conduction of placement drive at the campus.
- Hindi Literature: Tehreer is the Hindi Literature society of UNIRAJ that has students interested Hindi and are keen in enhancing their knowledge in Hindi Literature.
UNIRAJ Courses & Fees
UNIRAJ Admissions 2021
UNIRAJ offers UG, PG, M. Phil. PhD, Certificate, PG Diploma and Diploma courses to the students and Arts, Commerce, Education, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, Science and Social Science are the faculties offering these courses. According to the UNIRAJ admission process, admission to undergraduate courses of UNIRAJ is offered either on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam or entrance test. UNIRAJ PG is based on the marks secured in University of Rajasthan Admission Test for Post Graduate Courses and academic merit. Participation in the counselling process of all the courses offered by the university is mandatory for UNIRAJ process. The detailed UNIRAJ admission procedure of all the courses is given in the subsequent part of this article:
UNIRAJ Exams and Cutoffs
UNIRAJ Student Reviews
Its good and well college for every students.
A great college
Last Seen: 29 Jan' 21
Joined On: 29 Jan' 21
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2011
Review by Student
Last Seen: 26 Jun' 20
Joined On: 26 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2020
- M.Sc Chemistry
RU LIVES LONG
Last Seen: 18 Jun' 20
Joined On: 18 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Law
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2021
University of Rajasthan, Jaipur has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these UNIRAJ facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Swimming Pool
- Alumni Associations
- Parking Facility
- Guest Room
UNIRAJ Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Questions related to UNIRAJ
what is the average cut off for ba in uniraj
University of Rajasthan, Jaipur also known as UNIRAJ. It was established in 1947. Total faculty is 455. Total students intake is 7486.
UNIRAJ offers courses like MA, MSC, BSC ,BA, B Ed and B com.
BA course intake is 1500, fees for the course is 45000
There is no significant cutoff for BA program in UNIRAJ. You just need to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course. Eligibility for BA program is to have passed xii board with minimum 50% marks from any recognized University. You don't have to appear for any entrance exam.
UNIRAJ has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these UNIRAJ facilities in their free time for their recreation.
I am student of Rajasthan University,final year of bcom . there is a option to choose optional subject in bcom final year . in college form i marked advanced accounting as optional subject but can i mark indirect tax instead of advanced accounting in the exam form of University?
Yes you can take the subject of your interest ,you can make the correction on the form. To change you subject preference , you may approach your department head and ask for the procedure. Get to know whether there is any eligibility criteria for each specialization and see to it that you have enough credits for the specialization you want.
All the best
bihar ews certificate can i used in rajasthan University
Hello student if the seats is available under AIQ then you can use your EWS certificate of Bihar state but if the seats are reserved under state quota then you can't use EWS certificate of Bihar state.
I request you to please help me with the course and college so that I can check and provide you with the exact information.
Feel free to comment if you've any doubt
What is the eligibility criteria of doing masters in French from UNIRAJ because the information on your site is different than the site of college. Please tell ?
Hello student, This MA in French course of study is Pertained By department of European languages, literature and studies of UNIRAJ means University of Rajasthan , Jaipur.
The eligibility criteria for admission in MA in French is bachelor of arts with 45% marks and French is an optional subject or bachelor of arts with 45% marks and post graduate diploma in French or level 3 exam passed from any alliance franscaise.This is the eligibility criteria for getting admission in MA in French of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Maharaja collage jaipur sir kya mai ab rajasthan university mai admissions le skta hu kya mene b.c.a complete kr liya h
You haven't mentioned the course you're seeking admission in University of Rajasthan, anyway I presume it's MCA as you've completed, as per the official notification yesterday, ie... 21st December was the last day to apply for various PG courses, the application form was released on 7th december and 21st december was the last date, hence if you haven't applied before then it's not possible to apply now. you can check out the official notification at https://www.uniraj.ac.in/examination/PG-Adm-2020/5109-5dec2020.pdf, visit the official website at https://www.uniraj.ac.in/index.php?mid=192&exid=25 to know more detailed information for the same.
UNIRAJ Notable Alumni
UNIRAJ Related Articles
UNIRAJ Latest News
JAIPUR: Police on Tuesday used mild force to disperse ABVP workers after th....
NEW DELHI: The Directorate of Admissions, University of Rajasthan has relea....
NEW DELHI: The University of Rajasthan has released the exam time table 202....
UNIRAJ Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council