|CLAT PG||01 Jan, 2021 - 31 Mar, 2021||Application | Mode: Online|
|19 Apr, 2021 (Tentative)||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|13 Jun, 2021||Exam | Mode: Offline|
|26 Dec, 2020||Advertisement | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 1 Year
Master of Laws (LLM) in International Trade Law is a one-year full-time postgraduate program in Law offered at Gujarat Maritime University, Gandhinagar.
This program would offer you an encompassing view on International Trade and Commerce where the focus lies exclusively on the commercial law side of matters This course would also expose students to the International Trade Laws and Regulations, the ways in which trade benefits nations and modern advancements that affect trade between nations.
This course would take a student through
- Introduction to International Trade – which familiarizes students with theories and policies that guide international trade. Students will get meaningful insights into why international trade is important for a country and how it effects production, profit and the economy
- International Business – where concepts and strategies that will help in building a successful international or domestic business. Students would also be exposed to the concept of globalization and how it affects business though case studies.
- The World Trade Organization – where students are familiarized with the laws and regulations set in place by the World Trade Organization. They would also learn how to meet the trade regulations and discuss the principles behind the organization’s dispute resolution system.
- Trade and Investment – where students will learn what different nations have to trade, when they trade it, why they trade it and what they hope to gain from the trade. This would sharpen the skills of students and they become more competitive when engaging in deals and making investments
- Risks, insurance, transportation and intellectual property rights – where students are taught how to cover risks and liability involved in business transactions. Also covered in this program is contracts of carriage, transport documents and related documents, and the liabilities of the carrier and the shipper
- Policy and Theory – where students learn trade theory and explore trade laws. They would be in a better position to analyze laws pertaining to monopolies and trade protection and discuss theories that can help them become successful in international trade.
- Candidates seeking admission in LL.M must appear for the Common Law Admission Test 2020.
- Candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of CLAT score.
- LL.B. degree/equivalent degree in law from a recognized University, with not less than 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST students).
- Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination can appear provisionally, subject to the production of necessary qualification documents before or at the time of admission.