Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu is an autonomous public higher education Institute funded by the Government of India, and functions under the governance of the IIT Council. The Institute was inaugurated in the year 2016 under the mentorship of IIT Mumbai and its first batch was started at the campus in Paloura, Jammu. IIT Jammu is recognised as an “Institute of National Importance” under the “Institutes of Technology Act” of 1961. The Government of Jammu and Kashmir has provided the 400 acres land for the establishment of permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Technology Jammu and the first phase of construction has already started. IIT Jammu offers undergraduate (B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Tech) and doctoral (Ph.D.) programmes. The article further provides you with all the details you require, this includes admission process, facilities and placement details.
IIT, Jammu is located at National Highway 44, Medchal, Ban. Jammu Tawi Railway Station is 20 km away and Jammu Airport is around 18 km away from the College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Institute. IIT Jammu is well connected with roads, railways and airways.
IIT Jammu Collaborations:
- SVNIT, Surat
- Public Works Department (PWD), Jammu
- ENTUPLE Technologies Private Limited
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Central Public Works Department
- Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI)
- Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer, New Delhi
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
- Department of Space, GOI
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Department of Higher Education, MHRD, GOI
- Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla-Rail-Link Project (USBRL) Northern Railways
- Shiraz University of Technology, Shiraz, Iran
- Khajeh Nasir Toosi University, Tehran
- Malek-Ashtar University of Technology, Tehran
- National Institute of Technology Srinagar
- NI Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- IIT Jammu Cultural Society: The members of this society are responsible to conduct various activities and events on festivals and celebrate that with fun.
- IIT Jammu Literary Society: The aim of this club is to promote a love for language and creativity. Not only literature, but it also encourages interests for movies and music.
- IIT Jammu Coding Club: This club provides a platform for the students of every branch to improve their coding skills.
- IIT Jammu Robotics Club: In this club, students can enhance their skills in the field of robotics. They can also learn and build their own robotic systems.
- IIT Jammu Sports Activities Society: The members of this society help students to achieve a healthier lifestyle. It has numerous outdoor playgrounds and indoor courts are spread over a vast area.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
IIT Jammu Admission
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu offers admission to undergraduate (B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Tech) and doctoral courses. Admission to the B.Tech course is done through the JEE Advance examination followed by a JoSSA counselling while for M.Tech, aspirants have to appear for the GATE examination followed by an interview. For doctoral courses, candidates have to appear for a test or an interview conducted by the institute. The detailed admission process is given below:
IIT Jammu B.Tech Admission:
- Candidates should qualify Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced).
- Shortlisted candidates have to register for centralised counselling conducted by JoSSA and choose IIT Jammu as their preference.
- Final admission will be done after choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
IIT Jammu M.Tech Admission :
- The candidates have to fill an application form for admission to IIT Jammu.
- Candidates should qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Selected candidates have to appear for a personal interview.
IIT Jammu Ph.D Admission:
Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu provides varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as Central Computing and Communication, a library with a collection of books, sports facilities, and a medical facility for any emergency or illness, etc.
- Central Computing and Communication Infrastructure: Computer centre of the IIT Jammu is equipped with the latest hardware & software for the students. It helps in the smooth functioning of the day-to-day network and IT services.
- Library: IIT Jammu library contains national and international journals, etc for the students and faculty.
- Medical Unit: The Institute provides medical facility to the students and faculty. A doctor is available for any emergency or first aid. OPD and Ambulance facility is also available 24*7 at concessional rates.
- Student Counselling: IIT Jammu provides individual/group counselling, psychotherapy, psychiatric consultation, crisis intervention, workshops etc are provided to the students.
- Sports: IIT Jammu has brought forth live chess court, professional running track, football ground, lawn tennis court, cricket ground, Kabaddi court, badminton court, basketball court, squash court, volleyball court, with indoor sports facilities like table tennis, carrom, chess.
Interaction with smart students
A journey full of experiences and knowledgable events
Perfect Balance of Cultural and Education Exposure
Worth of money due because of unlimited fun
Questions related to IIT Jammu
how much percentile I needed for IIT jammu if I belongs to ST category and having state quota of jammu and Kashmir
For admission in IIT Jammu your JEE Advanced category rank must be around 600-700. I am basing this on previous years cutoffs. If you want to know what colleges you can get based on your jee main rank you can check out careers360 jee main college predictor using the link given below.
I have scored 443 in gate 2020 under general category in electrical paper.. do I have a chance with iit jammu and/ or bits?
I am a b.tech final year student from Electrical Engineering . My c.g.p.a is 7.2 Am I get a chance for take admission in NIT or IIT without Gate2020?
Does ISRO recruits MTech CSE students through IITs?
IIST offers Postgraduate Programmes like:
M.Tech in Soft Computing & Machine Learning
M.Tech in RF & Microwave Engineering
M.Tech in Geo informatics
M.Tech in Optical Engineering
M.Tech in Machine Learning & Computing
M.Tech in Solid State Technology
M.Tech in VLSI & Microsystems
M.Tech in Materials Science & Technology, etc.
Opportunities depend upon ISRO Placements conducted by centralised recruitment committee. But ISRO doesn't conduct campus Placements like other companies. And CSE students do not have much opportunities in ISRO. However, we would suggest you to keep visiting their official website for relevant opportunites.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: