Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Jais was established in the year 2007 by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MOP&NG), Government of India. RGIPT was established through an Act of Parliament (“Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Act 2007"). The campus spreads over an area of 47 acres of land. The Institute offers undergraduate (B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses in varied domains. Candidates wanting to know more about RGIPT can read the subsequent part of the article.
RGIPT is located at Bahadurpur, Mukhetia More, Post: Harbanshganj, Jais, Uttar Pradesh. Jais Railway Station is around 1.5 km away and will around 5 minutes to reach the Institute. Raebareli Airport is around 14.4 km away from the College. Student can take a bus or cab to reach Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology.
- Allahabad University
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Texas A & M University, USA
- University of Houston, USA
- Chonnam National University, South Korea
- Louisiana State University, USA
- Heriot-Watt University Aberdeen
- Indian Institute of Technology, BHU
- National Chemical Laboratory
- National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- University of Massachusetts
- Lund University, Sweden
- Universita di Salerno, Italy
- Universita di Napoli Federico II, Italy
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Dance Club: Dance Club is for dance lovers. It organises activities to encourage people for dancing.
- Drama Club: The Drama Club of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi provides a platform to students to showcase their talents through acting skills, expressions and drama.
- Music Club: Music Club is for the musicians who perform different forms of singing like classical, rock, soft rock, fusion and pop. They also participate in competitions, stage performances and concerts, etc.
- Literary Club: Literary Club of RGIPT Amethi encourages literary talent in college. It also conducts various activities like interactive workshops, competitive literary events and author visits and talks.
Entrepreneurship Cell- Entrepreneurship Cell of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi was formed with the objective of developing entrepreneurship skills in students so that they can develop ideas and plan to start entrepreneurial ventures. Students are mentored here by trained professionals by organising various events and workshops.
RGIPT Courses & Fees
RGIPT Admissions 2021
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi offers admissions undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes related to various disciplines. RGPIT admission to the B.Tech programmes based on JEE Advanced scores. RGIPT MBA admission is based on CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/JMET scores. According to the RGIPT admission process, M.Tech is offered on the basis of GATE scores. RGIPT Amethi also offers admissions to Ph.D programmes based on the merit of the written test followed by a presentation on the research area. RGIPT admission procedure for all the courses is discussed here in details:
RGIPT UG Admission
RGIPT B.Tech Admission
- Candidates should qualify JEE Advanced exam for RGIPT admission.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form for admission to the College and pay the fee.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis JEE Advanced and only the shortlisted aspirants are eligible to be a part of the further RGIPT admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment and it is mandatory to complete this procedure in order to confirm their admission.
- Final admissions will be offered on the basis JEE Advanced, participation in the university level document verification and fee payment.
RGIPT PG Admission
RGIPT Admission Procedure for M.Tech and MBA
- For MBA, candidates should qualify CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/JMET exams.
- Eligible candidates should fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Candidates will be called for the group discussion/ essay writing followed by a personal interview.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of the merit in the entrance exam, essay writing/ group discussion, academic performance and performance in a personal interview.
- Students will be offered admissions at RGIPT Amethi after the verification of documents and payment of fees.
- For M.Tech, candidates should fill an application form for admission to the College.
- Candidates should qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for RGIPT admission process.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in bachelor's examination and GATE Exam.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview and final admission will be done on the basis of merit.
- Final admissions will be offered after document verification and fees payable at the Institute.
RGIPT Admission Process for Doctoral Courses
RGIPT PhD Admissions
- Candidates should qualify GATE/NET/CSIR/UGC/NBHM/DBT/GPAT/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/Maulana Azad National Fellowship/DST Inspire Award or any similar Fellowship.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a written test followed by a presentation/ viva-voice.
- Candidates qualifying presentation/viva-voice have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
RGIPT Exams and Cutoffs
RGIPT Student Reviews
It is very good option if you are actually an opportunist.
Its good to be a part of the organization
Rgipt : the best college for flourishing one's career
Last Seen: 30 Jan' 17
Joined On: 29 Jan' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
- B.Tech Petroleum Engineering
College with smart and intelligent individuals.
One of the best faculty and the best place to show ur talent
Last Seen: 09 Apr' 16
Joined On: 20 Apr' 15
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Tech Petroleum Engineering
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology offers varied infrastructure and facilities for the students and faculty such as a library with a collection of books and journals, hostels, research lab, sports, medical facility, gym, hostel, computer lab, canteen, transportation, etc. Other facilities like commercial complex, Wi-Fi, etc are also available for the students and faculty. A detailed description of all the RGIPT facilities provided to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute are mentioned below.
- Research Lab: Research lab of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi was started for the students so that they can do the research and find out the reservoir properties of the formation.
- Computer Lab: The Institute has computer labs for the students to have practical knowledge of what they learn.
- Library: The Library of RGIPT Amethi has a mixed collection of both print and electronic format, which include books, journals, databases, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, etc.
- Hostel: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi has separate hostels for both boys and girls. Wi-Fi and LAN facilities are also provided to the hostel students.
- Gymnasium: The Institute provides gym facility for the students with the latest machines. Students can make use of this facility to maintain their physical fitness.
- Sports: RGIPT Amethi provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Transportation: RGIPT provides transportation facility to the local students and faculty to travel between the Institute and the City. It can also be used for industrial visits.
- Guest House: Guest House is available at the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Amethi premises for the guests visiting the campus for lectures, meetings, or conferences.
- Canteen: RGIPT Amethi has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Health Care Centre: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Health Centre which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Questions related to RGIPT
How is CSE from RGIPT. I have architecture in BHU but not interested in the course.please guide.
First of all i would suggest you one important thing that you should never continue anything which doesn't interests you and that too architecture which actually has not much scope at present.
If you are getting option of CSE then you can go for it.The placement record in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Engineering is good.The average package is around 6-8 LPA. Placement in CSE is good as TCS,Wipro, Intel and other tech giants offer placement.
I hope this helps
What about the admission in CSE at RGIPT. Can one apply for admission in CSE for 2020
RGIPT stands for Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology or IIT JAIS and is a National Level Government Institute established in the year 2008 under the Act of Parliament. The CSE stream or the Computer Science Engineering stream is introduced in the college in this year 2020, and the Admission into the College is done on the basis of JEE Advanced score. You can visit the official website of the Institute for more details.
Hope that this answer helps you.
which is btter nit patna electrial or rgipt amethi
NIT Patna is better since they have lesser fees and better faculty and infrastructure.
my jee advanced rank is 18667 , can i get rgipt amethi, or iist trivandrum on this rank ??
Whether eligibility for BTech 2020 in RGIPT, Raeareli is 12th boards % as per jossa or RGPIT has its own criteria for 12th board % . If so, what are the required categorywise % ge at 12th.
Admission for BTech in RGIPT
based on JEE (Advanced) - 2020 Rank List. The candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with 60% aggregate,in case of SC/ST/PwD it's 55% aggregate .For 2020-21 session, 10% of the seats will be reserved for Economically Weaker Section (EWS), following the guidelines of GOI , 17% of the seats will be reserved for female candidates on supernumerary basis over the current strength to encourage encourage technical education among the girls, for more details regarding this visit the official website at https://www.rgipt.ac.in/en/page/deans-1
RGIPT Related Articles
Department of Management Studies of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Tec....
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) is a renowned insti....
The Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) has invited Appl....
RGIPT Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: