Careers360 Logo
Interested in this College?
Get updates on Eligibility, Admission, Placements Fees Structure

Browse Admission Information Course-wise

Select College

Select...

Select Course

MA Sikh Studies

No data provided by the college for admission procedure for the latest year

Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib Admission Process

Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib offers admissions to diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. The SGGSWU B.Tech and B.Tech+M.Tech admissions are done based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination and JEE Mains. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University M.Tech admissions are done based on valid GATE scores and qualifying examination while SGGSWU M.B.A. admissions are done based on valid CMAT scores and qualifying examination. The admissions for all the remaining UG and PG courses are done based on the candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination. The candidates must meet the SGGSWU eligibility criteria to apply for the courses. The details of the SGGSWU admission procedure and course-specific eligibility criteria are given below. 

Quick Links 

SGGSWU Admission Criteria 

Course

Mode of Selection 

Selection Criteria 

UG Programmes

Entrance or Merit

Based on the performance of the candidate in JEE Main/ qualifying examination.

PG Programmes

Based on the performance of the candidate in the GATE/MAT/CMAT/ qualifying examination.

Ph.D Programmes 

Entrance

Based on the performance of candidates in the UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/NET/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE /entrance examination and interview conducted by the university. 

SGGSWU Application Process 

  • The candidates can apply either in online mode or offline mode.

  • In order to apply online, the candidates must visit the official site and fill in the application form.

  • After filling in all the details correctly, the candidate must pay the registration fee and submit the application.

  • In order to apply offline, the candidates must download the application form and send the duly filled application form along with the SGGSWU application fees to the Admission Cell. 

SGGSWU Diploma Admissions

The college offers Diploma in Medical Lab Technology, Diploma in Gatka Sikh Martial Arts, and Diploma in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Religious Studies. The basic eligibility criteria for SGGSWU diploma courses is that the candidates must qualify for 10+2 from a recognised board. 

SGGSWU Diploma Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria 

Course

Seat Intake

Eligibility Criteria

Diploma

30-40

The candidate must have qualified 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks(45% in case of Diploma in Gatka Sikh Martial Arts) from a recognised board. 

SGGSWU Diploma Admission Process 

  • The candidates must meet the Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University diploma eligibility criteria.

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The  SGGSWU diploma admissions are done based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination (10+2). 

  • The provisional admissions will be confirmed after the document verification and fee payment. 

SGGSWU UG Admissions 

The college offers B.Tech., B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons.), B.A. (Hons.), B.B.A., B.P.Ed., B.M.S., B.Com.(Hons.), L.L.B., B.C.A., B.A. L.L.B., B.P.T., B.Tech. M.Tech. and dual degrees. The basic eligibility criteria for SGGSWU UG courses is that the candidates must qualify for 10+2 from a recognised board. 

SGGSWU UG Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria 

Course

Seat Intake

Eligibility Criteria 

B.Tech. 

30-60

The candidates must have passed 10+2 in Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Technical Vocational subject, (any of the three) with a minimum of 45% marks. (5% relaxation in marks for the reserved category.)


 For B.Tech Food Processing Technology: 

The candidates must have passed 10+2 in PCM/PCB and English from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks. (5% relaxation in marks for the reserved category.)

B.Sc. 

30-60

The candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board. 

B.Sc.(Hons.)

30-40

B.A. (Hons.)

30-180

B.B.A.

60

B.P.Ed. 

50-100

The candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in Physical Education with a minimum of 45% marks or a bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks and have at least participated in Inter-College/Inter-Zonal /District/School competition in sports and games as recognised by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.

B.Com.(Hons.)

120

The candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board.

Or

The candidates must have passed 10+2 in commerce with at least 40% marks in aggregate.

Or

The candidates must have passed 10+2 with any of the two following subjects; (i) Accounting, (ii) Business Studies, (iii) Economics, (iv) Mathematics with at least 45% marks. 

L.L.B.

120

The candidates must have passed graduation of three or five years with a minimum of 45% marks.

B.C.A.

60


The candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognised board. 

B.A. L.L.B.

120

B.M.S.

25

B.P.T. 

40

The candidates must have passed 10+2 in Chemistry, Physics and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board

B.Tech. M.Tech

30-60

The candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board. 


 

Dual Degree

30-100

SGGSWU UG Admission Process

  • The candidates must meet the Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University UG eligibility criteria.

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The  SGGSWU admissions for all the UG courses except B.Tech, B.Tech+M.Tech are done based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination. 

  • The provisional admissions will be confirmed after the document verification and fee payment. 

SGGSWU Admission Process: B.Tech, B.Tech.+M.Tech.

  • The candidates must meet the SGGSWU B.Tech, and B.Tech+M.Tech eligibility criteria. 

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The SGGSWU B.Tech admissions are done based on the merit of the qualifying examination and JEE Main examination. 

  • 75% of seats are offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognised board. The remaining 25% of seats are filled on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in JEE Main. 

  • The candidates must submit the document for verification followed by SGGSWU fee payment. 

SGGSWU PG Admissions 

The college offers M.Sc., M.A., M.B.A., M.Tech., M.P.T., M.P.Ed., M.Com., M.C.A., P.G.D.C.A., and L.L.M. The basic eligibility criteria of the SGGSWU PG courses is that the candidates must qualify the graduation with a minimum of 50% marks. The duration of PG courses lasts from 1 year to 2 years. 

SGGSWU PG Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria 

Course

Seat Intake

Eligibility Criteria 

M.Sc.

30

The candidates must have passed the bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.

M.A.

30-60

The candidates must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university.

M.B.A.

30-60

The candidates must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university.

+CAT/MAT/CMAT qualified candidates will be given preference.

M.Tech.

18

The candidates must have passed the bachelor’s degree/ M.C.A./M.Sc. in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% marks.

M.P.T.

5

The candidates must have passed B.P.T. with a minimum of 50% marks. 

M.P.Ed.

40

The candidates must have done bachelor’s degree/ B.Sc. in Health and Physical education with a minimum of 50 % marks. 

M.Com.

60

The candidates must have done B.B.A. or B.Com. with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university. 

M.C.A.

60

The candidates must have BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree, or in B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level with a minimum of 50% marks (5% relaxation in qualifying marks for reserved category)

P.G.D.C.A

30

The candidates must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university.

L.L.M. 

40

The candidate must have done LLB (3 years) degree or LLB (5 years integrated) with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised University.

SGGSWU PG Admission Process

  • The candidates must meet the Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PG eligibility criteria.

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The  SGGSWU admissions for all the PG courses except M.Tech and M.B.A. are  done based on the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination. 

  • The provisional admissions will be confirmed after the document verification and fee payment. 

SGGSWU M.Tech Admission Process

  •  The candidates must meet the  Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University  M.Tech eligibility criteria. 

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The SGGSWU M.Tech admissions are done based on the merit of the qualifying examination and GATE. 

  • 75% of seats are offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognised board. The remaining 25% of seats are filled on the basis of scores obtained in GATE scores. 

  • The candidates must submit the document for verification followed by SGGSWU fee payment. 

SGGSWU M.B.A. Admission Process

  • The candidates must meet the  Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University  M.B.A. eligibility criteria. 

  • The candidates must then fill in the application form by visiting the official website.

  • The SGGSWU M.B.A. admissions are done based on the merit of the qualifying examination and CMAT.

  • 75% of seats are offered on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognised board. The remaining 25% of seats are filled on the basis of scores obtained in the CMAT.

  • The candidates must submit the document for verification followed by SGGSWU fee payment. 

SGGSWU Ph.D.  Admissions 

The university offers Ph.D in many specialisations like Ph.D. Law, Ph.D. Physics, Ph.D. Chemistry, Ph.D. Education, Ph.D. Biotechnology, Ph.D. English, Ph.D. Botany, Ph.D. Economics and many more. The duration of SGGSWU Ph.D courses lasts for 6 years. 

SGGSWU Ph.D. Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria 

Course

Seat Intake

Eligibility Criteria

Ph.D

1-19

A master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale

Or

Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale.

SGGSWU Ph.D.  Admission Process 

  • The candidates must meet the  Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University Ph.D. eligibility criteria. 

  • The candidates must appear and qualify for the entrance examination conducted by the university.

  • Candidates who have qualified for UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/NET/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE examinations are exempted from the entrance examinations conducted by the university. 

  • The candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance examination. 

  • The candidates qualifying for the entrance examination should then attend the interview. 

  • Finally document verification will be done followed by the SGGSWU fee payment. 

SGGSWU Documents Required 

  • 10th mark sheet 

  • 12th mark sheet 

  • Bachelor’s degree mark sheet (for PG admission)

  • Master’s degree mark sheet (for Ph.D admission)

  • Entrance exam scorecard

  • Transfer Certificate

  • Identity proof 

  • Caste Certificate  (if applicable) 

  • Income Certificate (if applicable)


Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

1: How many seats are offered for admissions to M.Tech course at SGGSWU?

72 seats are offered for admissions to the M.Tech course at SGGSWU.

2: In which mode are admissions offered at SGGSWU?

Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University admissions are offered both in online and offline mode.

3: How are the admissions offered for MCA course at SGGSWU?

The admissions for M.C.A. course at SGGSWU are offered on the basis of merit of the previous qualifying examination.

4: What is the eligibility criteria for admission into BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University?

The eligibility criteria for admission into BBA at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University is that the candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

5: How many seats are offered for admissions to M.Sc course at SGGSWU?

370 seats are offered for admissions to the B.Sc course at SGGSWU.

Have a question related to Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh Sahib ?

Applications for Admissions are open.

Amity University | B.Sc Admissions 2024
Amity University | B.Sc Admissions 2024
Apply

Ranked amongst top 3% universities globally (QS Rankings)

Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Allied & Life Science 2024
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Allied & Life Science 2024
Apply

Admissions Open for multiple allied and health sciences programs across 5 campuses | Ranked #7 in India by NIRF, NAAC A++ Accredited

NICHE B.sc Admissions 2024
NICHE B.sc Admissions 2024
Apply

Accredited by NAAC with A grade

DSU- Dayanand Sagar University M.Sc 2024
DSU- Dayanand Sagar University M.Sc 2024
Apply

60+ Years of Education Legacy | UGC & AICTE Approved | Prestigious Scholarship Worth 6 Crores

MATS University M.sc Admissions 2024
MATS University M.sc Admissions 2024
Apply

Approved by UGC | Merit-based scholarships

Alliance University M.Sc Admissions 2024
Alliance University M.Sc Admissions 2024
Apply

6000+ Opportunities Created | 600+ Recruitment Partners

View All Application Forms
News and Notifications

Download Careers360 App's

Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

  • student
    300M+

    Students

  • colleges
    36,000+

    Colleges

  • exams
    550+

    Exams

  • ebook
    1500+

    E-Books

  • certification
    16000+

    Certifications

student
Mobile Screen

We Appeared in

Back to top