- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time Doctoral program and it is offered by the University of Kalyani, Kalyani. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
Selection Procedure (Important points):
1. A candidate shall be exempted from appearing EEARP provided that she/he –
- has qualified in NET/SLET/SET/GATE/KURAT/KURET/EEARP or any other National or State level test for pursuing teaching or research, or
- was admitted through admission test in M.Phil./M.Tech. course (other than five year integrated M.Tech. course) and has obtained M.Phil./M.Tech. Degree from this University or any other University/ Institute recognized by this University, or
- is a whole time teacher of this University or any other University /Institute recognized by this University, or
- is a whole time teacher of Govt./Govt. aided college
2. Reservation and relaxation as per Govt. / U.G.C. rules.
3. Separate forms to be filled up for M.Phil. and Ph.D., however there will be Common Entrance Test for M.Phil. & Ph. D
4. Entrance test will be conducted in the model of NET-UGC/CSIR, SET and such other examination.
5. The Ph.D common entrance test (EEARP) will be held with OMR sheets based on 50 MCQ Type question carrying 2 marks each.
6. Student willing to apply for Ph. D. in more than one subject must fill in separate forms for each subject. But they must mention the subject in which they wish to appear in written examination (EEARP).
7. Candidates who qualified in Admission Test for Ph.D. in Kalyani University (K.U.) earlier, are also exempted from written examination (EEARP).
8. Selected candidates have to produce No Objection Certificate from their Employer during the time of Admission
9. Qualifying marks in written examination (EEARP) is 50%.
10. Final Selection will be based on
- Academic achievement 80%
- Interview 20%
Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.