Kalyani University Admission Process 2021
Admission to various courses offered by Kalyani University is done on the basis of both merit and entrance examination. For technical courses offered by Kalyani University like B.Tech and M.Tech admission will be done on the entrance examination which are WBJEE and GATE. For M.Phil courses, admission will be done on the basis of entrance examination conducted by university or any other entrance examination like NET/SLET/SET. For non-professional courses, admission will be done on merit basis as per the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination. Admission process to various courses of Kalyani University are discussed below:
BA, BSc, B.Com
- Admission to these courses will be on merit basis as per the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination.
- Merit lists will be prepared for different courses on the basis of aggregate marks( best 5 excluding environmental studies) obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Admission will be done on the basis of the merit list according to the intake capacity of the university.
B.Tech (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Information Technology)
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE).
- Qualified candidates have to register for the counselling process and report at their respective allotted venue along with their documents for verification purposes.
- Admission to Kalyani University will be done on the basis of WBJEE rank and choices made by them during the counselling process.
Candidates have to apply for the M.Tech programme on the official website of Kalyani University
Candidates also have to apply and appear for GATE.
A merit list will be prepared for the shortlisted candidates which have the weightage from the following:
Madhyamik Pariksha(Class 10th) or equivalent
Higher Secondary or equivalent
B.E./B.Tech or equivalent
Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the admission test and interview organised by the department. Marks obtained by the candidates in admission test and interview will be added to academic record and the final score is prepared on the basis of which final merit list of the selected candidates will be prepared.
- Candidates have to apply for the M.Phil programme.
- Candidates have to qualify the M.Phil admission test conducted by the university or any other state-level test like NET/SLET/SET/GATE /KURAT/KURET/EEARP
- A merit list of the selected candidates will be prepared.
- Selected candidates have to report to the college along with documents for verification purposes.
Post Graduate Courses (Non-Professional)
- Candidates have to apply for the respective programme through the application form available on the official website of Kalyani University.
- Out of the total seats offered for any programme, 60% of the seats are reserved for the students of Kalyani University while the remaining 40% seats are for the candidates from other universities.
- Admission to 60% seats (reserved for students of Kalyani University) will be done on merit basis as per the marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination.
- For the remaining 40% seats, candidates have to appear for the admission test. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the marks obtained in the admission test.
- Students of the Kalyani University who are not able to secure admission in 60% category can also appear in the admission test for the remaining 40% seats.
- For the courses where 60-40% criteria is not applicable, candidates have to appear for the admission test conducted by the university. Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the admission test.
- All the qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling and final admission will be offered to the candidates on merit basis.
M.Sc (Genomic Science, Nanotechnology and Data Science)
- Candidates have to fill out the online application form.
- Registered candidates need to appear in admission test which consists of two papers which are PAPER-I and PAPER-II and afterwards appears for interview.
- Only the candidates who qualify PAPER I will be considered for admission.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in PAPER II and performance in the interview process.
Kalyani University View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Admission based on the WBJEE Entrance Exam.