|JEE Advanced||03 Oct, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Engineering Physics is a four-year (8 Semesters) full-time undergraduate program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
Physics subject has been central to technological development as we can see it from day to day life. A lot of developments took place in the past few decades which promise to change the face of technology in the coming years. But to understand and appreciate these developments and to translate these to technology, it is very much essential to grasp the fundamental principles of Physics. The Engineering Physics course at IIT Hyderabad aims to provide students basic understanding in Physics in terms of offering various basic level courses coupled with hands-on training. The curriculum is designed to provide students the depth needed to understand the advanced level physics courses followed by various courses such as, quantum mechanics, mathematical physics, statistical mechanic, condensed matter physics, quantum field theory, particle physics, laser technology, accelerator physics and photonics etc. In addition to these advanced level courses on plasmonics, superconductivity, spintronics, general relativity, quantum information, cosmology and gravitation and astro-particle physics course are offered. The Engineering Physics course is a real mixture of basic Physics and applied courses which can ignite young minds to be driven towards creativity and innovation for new age technologies. The course prepares students to face all kinds of challenging careers in industry, advanced study in engineering, science and technology and also careers in academia.
The admission to the undergraduate program is based on the performance in JEE Advanced.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.