- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in Chemical Engineering shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- For engineering branches, the syllabus will be based on the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) syllabus of separate modules.
- For English /Mathematics/ Computer Science /Chemistry/Physics branches the syllabus will be based on the NET/SLET Exam.
- For Management the syllabus will be based on CBSE-NET.
- Master’s Degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated under Clause 2 above.
- A candidate who has cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree in the same Institutions in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. the dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same Institutions.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.