Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (SVNIT) was established in 1961 as one of the RECs for imparting technical education. It is an institute of national importance. It has been awarded the status of “Deemed University”. The college has 10 academic departments: Chemistry, Mathematics & Humanities, Mechanics, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. At present, the Institute is offering Six UG Programmes, Eighteen PG Programmes and Three M.Sc. Five Years Integrated Programme including the doctoral programme. SVNIT offers B.Tech, M.Sc, M.Tech and PhD programmes.
SVNIT is located at Surat-Dumas Road, Keval Chowk, Surat, Gujarat. Surat International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 8.6 km away. The nearest railway station is Surat Railway Station, located 11 km away from the college and the nearest bus station is Althan Bus Depot, located about 7 km away.
- SVNIT is accredited by NBA
SVNIT has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Pune
- CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi
- Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Women Cell- This Cell promotes the safety of women and gender equality in SVNIT. It aims at creating awareness among the stakeholders of SVNIT about gender discrimination and sexual harassment by organizing workshops/seminars/counselling activities.
- Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)- Prime objective of this Centre is imparting skill developing training programs, value-added courses to faculty, research scholar, UG/PG Students and industry professional through planning and organising workshops and short term training programme/events/expert talk on regular basis.
- Anti-Ragging Committee- This Committee of SVNIT Surat works for preventing any cases of ragging in the college. It spreads awareness about the consequences of indulging in ragging and takes strict actions against those found guilty in ragging.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)- ACM is an International Learned Society for Computing. This is a centre for various learning, fun, and productive activities. Activities at this centre include coding challenges, hackathons, quizzes, or application development.
- Drishti- Drishti aims at igniting young minds of SVNIT in taking up various technical projects. It provides a platform to the students where they can collaborate, carry out technical projects and can see their most creative and innovative ideas come to life.
- ChES- This Club promotes excellence in chemical engineering education and practice, advances the development and exchange of relevant knowledge and ideas and facilitate public understanding of technical issues.
SVNIT Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
SVNIT Admissions 2021
SVNIT Surat Admissions
SVNIT Surat courses include B.Tech, M.Sc Integrated, M.Tech, M.Tech Sponsored, M.Tech Research and PhD. SVNIT Surat B.Tech admission is based on the JEE Main scores and the same criteria are followed for SVNIT Surat admissions to the integrated programmes. SVNIT Surat M.Tech admission is based on GATE Entrance Exam followed by participation in the CCMT counselling. According to the SVNIT Surat admission process, for admission to the M.Tech (sponsored)/M.Tech (Research) candidates are firstly shortlisted on the basis of work experience and academic records and then they have to appear for Written Test/Interview. As per the SVNIT Surat admission criteria for PhD programmes, candidates will be given admission on the basis of performance in academics, Written Test and Personal Interview. Candidates wanting to know the step by step SVNIT admission process for all the programmes can read the article further:
SVNIT Surat Admission Process for B.Tech/Integrated Programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech/B.E programmes of NIT Warangal have to appear and qualify Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Based on their scores in JEE Main, candidates have to register for JoSAA counselling on the official website of JoSAA along with necessary documents and payment of fees.
- B.Tech aspirants need to choose SNIT Surat as the preferred college while doing the choice locking for SVNIT Surat admission process.
- Candidates are offered admission to B.Tech/BE programmes based on JoSAA registration, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
SVNIT Surat M.Tech Admission
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- After obtaining a valid GATE scores, candidates need to register themselves for CCMT counselling by providing GATE credentials, qualifying degrees certificates, personal details etc. and by paying the requisite registration fees.
- Admission will be offered through CCMT counselling.
- Final admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at SVNIT Surat.
SVNIT Surat Admission Process for M.Tech (sponsored)/M.Tech (Research):
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on the college website of SVNIT Surat.
- Shortlisting will be done based on candidates' work experience and academic records.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for counselling where they have to appear for Written Test/Interview.
- Final selection is done through counselling, based on performance in Written Test/Interview.
- Admissions will be offered after document verification and fee payment at the Institute.
SVNIT Surat PhD Admission
- Candidates have to apply for admission on the SVNIT Surat website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their past academic records, Statement of Purpose.
- Shortlisted applicants will have to appear for a Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of performance in academics, Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will be offered admissions after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
SVNIT Exams and Cutoffs
SVNIT Student Reviews
SVNIT has good academics and great life
One of the best NIT among all NITs
I've had great experience till now.
Last Seen: 09 Jun' 20
Joined On: 30 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering
Proud of decision to take admission in this college!
Last Seen: 07 Jun' 20
Joined On: 14 Jun' 15
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- M.Sc Mathematics Integrated
SVNIT, Surat provides adequate facilities to its students and staff. There is a computer centre which is the heart of all computing services and provides blazing fast internet to the institute. Internet is available wired at the computer centre and wireless to the whole institute. Laboratories are well-equipped. The library is spacious and well-stocked. Adequate indoor and outdoor sports facility is available. A modern well-equipped gym is there too. The college canteen serves hygienic food of multiple cuisines at reasonable prices. There is a total of 9 girls and boys hostel at the institute. A guest house with 12 rooms and accommodation facilities is available for the college guests. There is a fully-fledged health centre which is manned by many specialist doctors and supportive staff. Emergency cases are referred to as empanelled hospitals. A team of security guards takes care of the security of the campus.
- Computer Centre- Computer Centre of SVNIT Surat is the heart of computing resource and kernel of the internet connectivity at the college. It caters to the internet requirements across the campus. The institute has a Campus-wide fibre optic 10-gigabit network with High-End Central Core switch at the Central Computer Centre. The Centre provides computing facilities at its 5 sub-centres: Internet Access Lab 1, Modern Cubical based Internet Access lab 2, Programming Lab, Online Virtual Classroom and Research scholar room.
- Internet- SVNIT provides internet connectivity of 1 Gbps. The internet access to the institute is also available from various vendors, who provide 64 Mbps internet bandwidth with each amounting to a total of 384 Mbps. Thus total bandwidth of the Institute is amounting to a total of 484 Mbps.
- Laboratories- Each academic department of the college has its own state-of-the-art laboratories which are well-equipped and facilitate good practical learning.
- Library- The library collection at SVNIT Surat is as follows: 70,000 books, 7025 volumes, 16,000 standards, 295 dissertation and thesis, 1044 videocassettes and 1340 CDs. The digital library has been subscribed with many technical and non-technical journals under the assistance of MHRD's INDEST Consortium. The facilities include a reference section, xerox, book bank and external membership.
- Sports- The college provides indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Outdoor facilities include 2 volleyball courts, 2 lawn tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, football ground, cricket ground, kabaddi, kho-kho and athletics track. Indoor game facilities include 2 badminton courts, chess, carrom, table tennis. There is a modern gym with all the necessary equipment too.
- Canteen- A wide variety of South Indian items, and Chinese food, as well as some fast food varieties, are available at the SVNIT canteen. During lunchtime, meals like Gujarati Thali are available at very nominal rates.
- Hostels- The college provides hostel facility to both boys and girls. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. A total of 9 hostels are located on the campus. Hostels provide all the basic as well as advanced facilities to the students.
- Guest House- Guest House of SVNIT Surat has 12 fully furnished rooms with telephone lines and television. It is a one-storeyed building. It provides accommodation facilities for the Institute guests, invited guests, visitors, newly appointed faculty, staff members etc. There are a dining hall and a gym at the guest house.
- Health Care- The Health Centre provided inside SVNIT is an OPD unit managed by one full-time residential doctor, six visiting medical consultants namely Physician, Gynaecologist, Paediatrician, Radiologist, Ayurveda & Homeopathy Specialist assisted by two pharmacists & supporting staff. The students are covered with group medical insurance. Emergency cases are referred to empanelled hospitals of the institute. Ambulance service on Dial 108 is available by Govt. of Gujarat.
- Security- There is ample security staff managed by a security supervisor at the college. Security staff maintains law and order of the institute. The incoming and outgoing vehicles are thoroughly checked and entries are made in registers. To maintain strict discipline and a good turn-out, parades are conducted frequently.
(Rank 71st in Public/Govt.)
Questions related to SVNIT
can I get admission in computer science in SVNIT,Surat ,if I Get 89 percentile in JEE Mains?
If we go through the analysis of marks Vs Percentile Vs rank for JEE-Main 2020 then according to the marks mentioned by you in the question your rank is expected to be in the range of 115045 - 85657, you can check out marks Vs ranks Vs Percentile from the link given below :-
You can also use JEE-Main Rank Predictor to predict your rank :-
According to the rank calculated on the basis of percentile you have mentioned in the question you have very low or almost no chances of getting CSE in to SVNIT Surat as per previous year's cut-off. As we go through the latest cut-off of 2020 then it shows that the closing rank was 5631 for CSE branch in SVNIT Surat under Other state quota for Open category or General category. Now to secure such rank you should have your JEE-Main score at least 170 marks out of 300 and percentile against this is expected to be in the range of 99.272084675244 - 99.4312143898418.
You can check out the latest cut-offs from the link given below :-
Note that the above prediction is made on the basis of latest cut-offs available on official website of JOSAA or CSAB and the cut-offs are bound to change every year depending upon various factors such as the number of candidates appearing in an examination, the number of candidates qualifying an examination, difficulty level of the paper, and so on.
To have a list of all those colleges which you can get based upon your score, category, and state you can use JEE-Main College Predictor :-
As you are preparing for JEE-Main 2021 the I would recommend you to check the resources made by our experts to help aspirants like you in the best and smart preparation of JEE-Main 2021 :-
I hope this information helps you.
SVNIT Surat or VNIT Nagpur? Which is better without considering placements?
As per student's reviews, experience and ratings, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (SVNIT ) is better than Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT Nagpur).
Ranking : (In universities)
SNVIT - 71st
VNIT - 75th
Infrastructure : Both the institutes has very good infrastructure and are equipped with all the modern facilities. There is no comparison as whose infrastructure is better. Both have the best infrastructure.
Academics : The teaching quality of both the institutes are good. But it can be said that SVNIT has some of the best faculty in the country. So, SVNIT has got more points for academics than VNIT.
Campus life : No doubt, SVNIT has some of the best campus life for students than that in VNIT as the location of the institute is around in the best areas of the city along with lot of opportunities along with the academics.
Read more about SVNIT here in the link below :
You can also compare both the colleges here in the link below :
How much percentile should be needed in JEE MAINS to get admission at SVNIT?
how to refund fee after cancel admmision in svnit surat
Hello student no refund of fees except security deposit will be made to the candidates canceling admission after completion of CCMT 2020 counseling process.
For official notification refer to the link mentioned below - http://www.svnit.ac.in/Data/Notice/2020/September/Cancellation%20Notice.pdf
Feel free to comment if you've any doubt
how to get refund fee after join the svnit surat
The fee refund scheme in svnit surat is only for those candidates whose belongs to sc/ st / PWD. Also for the students whose family income is less than one lakh per annum. So in such cases only you will get fee refund . For this you have to fill fee refund form which is available on official website.
Hope this helps
SVNIT Notable Alumni
SVNIT Related Articles
SVNIT Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: