- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Ranchi University, Ranchi
Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of four years, including coursework.
Research Scholars should submit the thesis within 4 years from the date of registration. The CSC may extend the period of submission of thesis further for 2 years in case of regular full-time research scholars, with an additional one years for research scholars who are staff members of the Institute, on the recommendation of REC.
Admission Procedure for Full-time Research Scholars:
1. The application received from the candidates for Ph.D. programme shall be screened by Coordinator (Ph.D. and Research). The shortlisted candidates will be informed by post and through Institute website about the date, time and venue for the admission test and/or interview.
2. On the basis of overall academic performance, interview and/or written test, the DRC will recommend the names of candidates with probable research supervisor(s) to CSC. And the final selection will be decided by the CSC.
3. At the time of admission, the research scholars shall submit an undertaking he/she would abide by the rules and regulations and codes of conduct of the Institute.
The minimum educational qualifications required for admission to Ph.D. programmes in Engineering and Science is one of the following:
1. M.E. / M. Tech. from a recognized institution or university in the relevant discipline, with at least 6.5 CGPA (or 60% Marks) in aggregate.
2. B.E./ B. Tech. in the relevant discipline or MCA from a recognized institution of the university, with at least 7.5 CGPA (or 70% marks) in aggregate.
3. M. Sc. or equivalent from a recognized institution of the university in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA (or 70% marks) in aggregate.
4. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA (or 5% marks) is allowed in the minimum requirement.
5. The faculty and Staff/ members of the Institute, who satisfy the eligibility, criteria may be considered for admission the Ph.D. programme as Part-time Research Scholar subject to a no-objection certificate from the Institute. The shall work for their Ph.D. programme while discharging their normal duties.
6. Apart from required qualifications and academic record, the research aptitude, ability to work in the team, subject interest, availability of research supervisors and facilities available and research focus of the concerned department will be considered by the DRC while selecting the candidates.