Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University was established under Uttar Pradesh State Universities Act, in 1957. The University is named after the great political thinker, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya. The university is spread over 191 acres. It houses 06 faculties which include 29 departments that have been offering education to the students of the eastern region since its inception. The courses offered by the students include undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses in arts, commerce, science and law.
Location: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University is located at Civil Lines, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh. The nearest railway junction is Gorakhpur Junction and the bus station is Kacheri Bus Deport, which are within one km distance of the DDUGU campus. Mahayogi Gorakhnath Airport is about 7 km from the university campus.
Clubs and Committees:
- Committee for SC/ST: The cell resolves all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST students and faculties.
- Alumni Association: This association of DDUGU is dedicated to advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity.
- NSS: NSS volunteers of DDUGU actively take part in a variety of activities, which include blood donation, HIV-AIDS awareness, family life education, functional literacy, help for the visually impaired, college-campus cleanliness, skill development and leadership and personality development.
- NCC: NCC fortifies character, command and discipline among the students. It provides framing for a career in the forces. NCC Cadet Crop of the DDUGU organises and trains youth and provides leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- Academic and personal counselling cell: The cell facilitates academic, emotional, social and cognitive development of the student and empowers them in their learning and personal development
- Internal Complaints Committee (ICC): ICC committee of DDUGU constituted every year in order to cater to problems of students. Students can bring various issues. The committee also provides a feedback system in place which provides a channel to students for reporting their grievance or giving any suggestion.
- Grievance Redressal Cell: This cell of DDUGU is committed to the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women and others and take active steps towards it.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell: The aim of IQAC is to plan, guide, and monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the Institution.
- Anti Ragging Committee: Anti-Ragging Committee of DDUGU ensures compliance with the provisions of the regulations as well as the provisions of the law concerning ragging is in force.
- Women Empowerment Cell: The WEC cell of DDUGU was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
Exams and Cutoffs
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses in arts, commerce, science and law. To get an admission, eligible candidates need to register themselves at the University website. They have to appear for the entrance exam of the concerned department. As per the merit list candidates have to proceed for the further admission process. To know more about the admission process of DDUGU, please go through the stepwise admission process given below:
Students need to register their application online and pay the registration fee.
As per the notifications of the concerned department, aspirants of that particular course will have to appear for the entrance examination DDU entrance exam and obtain a valid score.
Once the entrance examination result is declared, each department will prepare the merit list.
And, as per the merit list, candidates will visit the university’s concerned department and complete the admission process.
Once the admission process is completed, candidates will receive the ID Card.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University offers various facilities to its students. This includes a library, computer lab, hostel, conference room and auditorium. The University also has the facility of sports, reading room, yoga room, and gym.
- Library: DDUGU library has the latest volumes, in the fields of art, commerce, science, technology, management and general areas. It has the membership for e-resources and has a subscription to national and international peer-reviewed e-journals. Online public access catalogue (OPAC) facility is available to facilitate the online search of the library books with title, author, keyword and subject. It has an institutional membership of DELNET.
- Health Centre: The DDUGU campus has a medical facility. Medical doctors and other necessary first aid and emergency medicines are available for the staff and students.
- Sports: The DDUGU has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available on the campus. The college has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court. Tournaments in these sports are organized in the institute at University level. The institute organizes annual sports every year in which students of all disciplines take part.
- Canteen: DDUGU has a well-maintained cafeteria situated within the institute campus premises. Hygienic tasty snacks and food items are available during institute timings at reasonable rates.
- Computer Centre: The computer centre of DDUGU maintains and manages campus networking and internet facility. It provides both wired and WiFi connectivity to students and staff. The centre is equipped with the latest system/application software, operating system and various utility software. All students & staff are allowed to access the internet for academic and research purposes.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities at DDUGU are provided for boys and girls. It is equipped with all the modern facilities. There is the provision of RO water plants and Generator Backup facility in case of power failure in all the hostels. The hostels are fully safe and enclosed with boundary walls and have the provisions of indoor and outdoor games and recreation facilities for the students.
- Laboratories: Each department in the DDUGU has well-equipped laboratories. It is providing extensive and contemporary facilities for science teaching and research.
- Deeksha Bhavan: This auditorium of DDUGU organise international, national, and other institution events such as conferences, workshops, seminars, meetings, placement programs, and cultural events. It has a seating capacity of 750 students.
- Samvad Bhavan: Samvad Bhawan is another auditorium, with a seating capacity of 250. This is equipped with modern amenities. It is used for various cultural and academic activities of the University and its Departments.
Overall good. It can be more develope .
Last Seen: 18 Jun' 20
Joined On: 18 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
My experience at DDU
Last Seen: 02 Jun' 20
Joined On: 02 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Commerce
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
Last Seen: 20 Mar' 20
Joined On: 07 Mar' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
Questions related to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
What is generally cutoff for BSC Maths in General caterory in DDU? and what is total marks
Dear Aspirant ,
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya university, Gorakhpur is one of the prestigious institute of India ,
As per the competition you must need to score a total of decent marks to get admission to this college .
Independent entrance exam is held which is ddu entrance exam .
For b.sc maths the total no. of questions will be 150 questions as per following :
BOTANY -- 45
ZOOLOGY --- 45
CHEMISTRY -- 45
GENERAL SCIENTIFIC STUDIES -- 15
Last year cut off for b.sc maths was 235.50
Total no of questions will be 150 with 3 marks each with the total marks of 450
For better understanding you may refer to the following link below :
Hope this solves your query ,
THANK YOU .
WHAT IS THE CUTT OFF MARK AND RANK ENOUGH FOR GET ADMISSION LLB 3YEAR PROGRAMME.PLEASE TELL ABOUT THIS..
It depends on many factors like the exam that you give , your category, domicile . There are exams like CLAT, SLAT, AILET , BLAT and every exams has different cutoffs .
You can apply directly to private colleges also for the LLB program of 3years.
Hope the answer helps you.
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE!
in the time of filling of ddu online form 2020 my mother spelling name i fill wrong how i correct this spelling
If you have not submitted the online application form you can edit the fields.But if you have already submitted the form you cannot correct or edit any fields as there is no correction window for DDU application form and University will not take the responsibility for filling the wrong details by the candidates and request to change any details in the application through any mode is not acceptable.You need to fill a new application form using a new mail ID and phone number and make payment.The last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
Can I fill LLB & M. A(Political science) application for in same year for backup plan!! Is it any issue?? Plzz give me answer
yes you can fill two different course in the same year but one thing you should keep in mind is that you need to fill individual form for the respective courses , you are not allowed to select multiple courses in a single application form and also please remember if these course's admission based on entrance exam then you need too appear for both the exams individually. also no two courses can be pursued at one time
i hope this helps!
When ddu 2020 application form for entrance exam starts
The online application portal for DDU Gorakhpur University usually gets activated by the first week of April and closes by the fourth week of May, every year. But this year, due to COVID-19 pandemic and nation-wide lockdown, the concerned authorities have not released any notification in this regard till date.
For recent updates, keep checking its official website : ddugu.ac.in
Hope this answer will help.
DDU Entrance Exam 2020 - Deen Dayal Upadhyay University Gorakhpur has start....
DDU Result 2020 - Deen Dayal Upadhyay University, Gorakhpur will release th....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: