- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Engineering Science is a four-year (8 Semesters) full-time undergraduate program offered by Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
Engineering Science is a unique interdisciplinary B.Tech program started at IIT Hyderabad for the first time in 2012. It focuses on the ‘T-EDUCATION’ model where the horizontal line in T corresponds to breadth while the vertical line corresponds to the depth. The curriculum is designed such that for the first two years of this program students take courses from different departments such as Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Material Science, Math, Physics and Chemistry. Later, student can select their core branch in the third year as per their preference and continue to specialize in them. The core options could be either Sciences or Engineering stream as it is left to the student choice. This ‘T’ based model gives a holistic perspective in engineering education. It is believed that the graduates from this program will excel in any organization because of their strong multidisciplinary background. All the faculties in Engineering Science Program are adjunct faculties drawn from various branches. The current intake strength is 25 students per year.
The admission to the undergraduate program is based on the performance in JEE Advanced.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.