|UCEED||10 Mar, 2021||Result | Mode: Online|
|31 Jan, 2021||Answer Key - Final Answer Key for Part-A, Average and Std Deviation | Mode: Online|
|24 Jan, 2021||Others - Last date of raising objections - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|21 Jan, 2021||Answer Key - Draft Answer Key for Part-A | Mode: Online|
|17 Jan, 2021||Exam | Mode: Online|
|01 Jan, 2021||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|11 Nov, 2020 - 17 Nov, 2020||Late Fee Application | Mode: Online|
|09 Sep, 2020 - 10 Nov, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
Bachelor of Design at JK Lakshmipat University is a 4-year, full-time programme with specializations in Interdisciplinary Design. In addition to core and specialization courses, students will get to choose from a variety of electives.
The 4 Year Programme in Interaction Design will be unique and relevant to the Millenial generation. This Programme aims to cater to the new, hard-wired, device-friendly, young audiences that are as comfortable in the virtual world, as they are in the real world. The programme is as much about digital devices as about analogue conversations. It is about cognitive sciences as well as computer sciences. Students will have first-hand experience of designing and developing complex systems that deliver delightful digital experiences. They would get hands-on inputs to develop user-centric design. Courses in cognitive ergonomics, human-computer interface and Ui / UX help in creating good user experiences. Basic understanding of coding helps them in developing digital products. They would work on real-life projects like designing apps and portals for new businesses.
Students are introduced to new methods of quick prototyping to validate their design solutions. Good grounding on typography, layouts, colour and form, help in developing interactions that are a visual delight. A grounding in Entrepreneurship, prepares them to work out design proposals and business plans.
The graduates find opportunities as Interaction designers in technology companies and big corporations. They are also sought after by start-ups in digital products and app development. Organisations that develop software need UX or User experience designers who would interpret the man-machine interface. Service Design is another area of work for Interaction designers, who understands the Systemic approach to problem solving.
- Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
- Submission of the application form with required details. Non-refundable application fee of Rs 600 to be paid.
- Counselling and interaction with the JKLU admissions team, provided the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- Portfolio based interview round with Institute of Design, JKLU.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST Candidates), with minimum 50% marks from a recognized Central/State Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Students appearing in the final examination of 10+2 may also apply.
- The applicants are required to appear in one of the national level design admission tests, such as UCEED or NID DAT held in 2019. In case the candidate has not appeared for any national level design tests, they will have to appear in the JKLU Design Entrance Test (DET) to qualify for the programme.