Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)
SAARC Students -
- US$ 440 per semester (US$ 880 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 500 per semester (US$ 1000 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 4500 per semester (US$ 9000 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 5100 per semester (US$ 10200 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
Security Deposit (Refundable)*-
- SAARC Students - US$ 100
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100
Students' Aid Fund (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Non-SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Hostel Fee is US $ 60 per academic semester for students from the SAARC region.
- Mess charges will be extra and are likely to range between US$ 50 to 75 per month.
- All admitted students are covered under the Medical Group Insurance Scheme up to INR 1,50,000 for which full premium is paid by the University.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
MA (Sociology) is a two-year (four semester) programme offering a combination of compulsory and optional courses which introduce students to sociological and anthropological theories, contemporary social theory, as well as debates on thematic issues in sociology and social anthropology, enabling students to analyse social phenomena. The context, which will constitute a constant reference point for students, will be that of South Asian societies.
Admission is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the university.
12 years of schooling + a 3-year Bachelor's degree from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries in any discipline, with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade. Candidates who have a 4 year Bachelor's degree or 2 year Bachelor's degree and have cleared the first year of the Master's programme are also eligible.