- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
Ph.D. in Management Programme - This is a full-time career oriented “Doctorate of Philosophy” Programme in Management. A candidate has to finish the work and submit the thesis within Five years of the registration. On successful completion of the course, the students will be awarded the Ph.D. degree. Ph.D. Specialisation Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management Pharmaceutical Management International Business Management Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Management Marketing Management Human Resources Management Finance Management Higher Education Management Information Technology Management Hospital & Healthcare Management General Management Operation Management.
- There will be an all India based entrance test for Ph.D. whose notification will be published on the website, as well as in leading newspapers, as and when the vacancy exists. There will be an admission test of two papers (General Management and Specialised paper). A successful candidate will be applying for provisional registration shall submit an application to the registrar in the prescribed form obtainable from the University (or it may be online) together with the fee, to be paid online, within the stipulated time furnishing the following information:
- Qualification and details of previous study and research if any, and full particulars of publications to his/ her credit in accredited journals.
- Scanned copies of all supporting documents.
- The successful candidates will contact Global Bussiness School and Research Centre for allocation of Guides. For Provisional registration, candidates will appear for Research Advisory Committee. Detail research proposal (5 copies) containing introduction, review of literature and lacunae in knowledge, aims and objectives of the study, plan of work, materials and methods, hypothesis and anticipated outcome, bibliography, reference, Questionnaire if any, duly signed by his/her guide. The committee shall ascertain whether the topic is appropriate or valid for the purpose of Ph.D. work. The successful candidates will have to undergo a Pre Ph.D. course for six months/ one semester. During this Pre Ph.D. courses, the students are provisionally registered. After the successful completion of Pre Ph.D. coursework, there will be a Pre Ph.D. examination of 4 papers. Applied Management, Statistics and Quantitative Technique, Specialisation paper and a Presentation. The pass marks of Pre Ph.D. examination is 55% marks. Then the candidates will appear before the Research and Recognition Committee (RR Committee), the confirmation of the topic and admission of the candidate in Ph.D. course shall be approved. During his/her research work, a candidate should publish in at least two papers in recognized National/ International journal. Students are encouraged to attend National and International Conferences in relation to their research work.
A candidate having passed Post Graduate Degree Examination in Management or Business Administration or Management related subjects with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. Application for research in inter-disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a faculty or a subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed o be done and from International students, shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude for researcher as evidence by his/her publications and research work/academics.