WHAT IS ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Environmental Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG program held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- Job prospects for environmental engineers in various segments, including research centers, NGOs, and government departments are increasing day by day.
- Professionals who have M.Tech degree are in demand in various committees engaged in the study and analysis of environmental risks.
- The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) of India also recruits environmental engineering professionals for various posts through UPSC.
- Job profiles available for environmental engineers are as follows:
Lead Project Engineer
Senior ROV Technician
Sr. Reservoir Engineer
Technical Engineering Manager
Seismic Acquisition Consultant
Environmental Engineering Technicians
Environmental Scientists and Specialists
- Advanced Mathematics
- Electric Circuits and Power
- Environment Impact and Risk Assessment
- Environmental Modeling and Simulation
- Mechanics of Fluids
- Mechanics of Materials
- Organic Chemistry