Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology (BIET), Jhansi is an autonomous institute and was established in the year 1986. BIET was formerly known as Bundelkhand Engineering College, Jhansi. The campus spreads over 220 acres of land. BIET is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The college offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA) courses in various areas.
BIET is located at Kanpur Road, NH-25, Bundelkh, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh. Mustara Railway Station is 7.3 km away and Jhansi Bus Station is 7 km away. It will take around 15 minutes to reach the institute. Datia Airport is 31.9 km away from the institute. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology. BIET is well connected with all modes of transportation.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- BIET is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizens of the country.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Exams and Cutoffs
Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology offers B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA. Admission to various courses offered by the institute will be done on the basis of an entrance examination. For B.Tech courses, candidates have to appear in Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) and afterwards appear for the interview. Admission to M.Tech courses will be done on the basis of GATE/UPSEE. In order to take admission in MBA programme offered by Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, candidates have to appear in UPSEE, attend the counselling process. Admission processes to various courses offered by Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology are listed below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech):
- The candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of the college.
- The candidates have to qualify UPSEE exam conducted jointly by GBTU, Lucknow and MTU, Noida.
- Qualified candidates will have to appear for counselling process and seats will be allotted on the basis of their rank.
- Final admission will be done after document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MBA):
- The candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of BIET.
- The candidates have to qualify GATE/ UPSEE Exam to get admission.
- For MBA, admission will be done through the combined counselling process.
- Final admission will be done after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
BIET has much to offer. There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls. Banking facilities with ATM are available in the campus’s vicinity. There is a sports field where cricket and football may be played. Facilities are also there for indoor sports. A large auditorium is there to facilitate major events, at both intra and inter-college level. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled. Science laboratories have the latest equipment. A health centre is also there to cater to medical emergencies. Hygienic food is prepared at the college cafeteria. The college even has its own transport to ferry students to and from the campus. A convenience store is also located within the campus. The library here is one of the best stocked within the region.
- Library: The Library of BIET is equipped with TLS software that provides easy access to the books and helps in arranging these books. It has a good collection of books.
- Hostels: The College has separate hostels with a separate mess facility available for boys and girls. A caretaker is available to take care of the students.
- Guest House: A guest house is available for the guests visiting the college for any official/ project work, meetings, etc.
- Sports: Different indoor and outdoor sports facilities like cricket, basketball, carom, chess, etc are available to the students.
- Canteen: The canteen serves fresh and hygienic food to the students and faculty at a reasonable rate.
- Gymnasium: The Gymnasium of BIET is equipped with the latest fitness tools like treadmill, bike, dumbbells, etc for the healthy physique of the students.
- Auditorium: The auditorium of BIET is used for seminars, guest lectures, any cultural activities or events. It is equipped with LCD projectors, slide projectors, etc.
- Seminar Halls: The seminar hall is available for international conferences and seminars. It is equipped with an automated screen, extra woofers, LCD projectors, etc.
- Medical/ Health Centre: The College provides medical facilities to the students and staff. 24*7 medical dispensary and an ambulance is available for any emergency.
- Transport: BIET provides transport facilities to the local students and staff to travel between the city and the college.
- Community Centre: Community centre of the College includes stationary shop, cyber cafes, shop for fruits and juice and a hall for any cultural activity.
- Language Lab: To enhance the communication skills of the students, the college has a digital language lab equipped with the latest technologies and software.
- Students Activity Centre: The Centre includes a club building, gymnasium hall, and hobbies workshop for extra circular activities of the students.
Good for determined people.
Biet where your dream come true
YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!
Questions related to Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jhansi
What biet ranking what is the gmit ranking
Dear Aspirant ,
I would suggest you to use complete names of the colleges as there are a lot of colleges with same abbreviation. Moreover , a college ranking maybe different for different courses so it would be more helpful if you could mention the course also.
Wt was the avg placement in biet?
Placement scenario at BIET is not so great and not so bad either. This year, TCS recruited 48 students with package of 3.34 Lacs, 18 to 20 were recruited by wipro and around 7 were recruited by venera technology (package for all had been between 3.5 to 4).
The average package was around 3.5lpa for IT jobs while no companies for other core branches visited.
So if you belong to CS IT, then you will be placed without much trouble otherwise you will have to try luck in off campus.
Is it worth joining hbtu kanpur it branch than drop biet jhansi ece first year?
We understand your concern.Please note that it is better to join HBTU kanpur as it is a pretty good college in terms of teaching faculty and educational atmosphere. If you really want to join biet Jhansi, you can drop a year or just join the college which you get.All the best!
I got 74255 gnrl rank 7144 sc rank 1345 sc grls rank can I get iet lknw biet jhansi or knit sultanpur any branch in upsee spot round cnslng.
Hello aspirant, get in touch with career 360 college predictor to have complete details of the colleges you can apply to. Plus it will tell you a lot about other colleges as well and details of admission and registration process also. All the very best to you.
Im btech first year cs student in bundelkhand University can I get lateral entry in 2nd year in iet lknw or biet jhansi through upsee ??
It seems like you are looking for some sort of college upgradation but let me tell you, Yes they accept lateral entry but the elligibility criteria is that you must have passed a Diploma from a recognised institution. So what you are looking for is Migration and about that you will have to consult a college authority.
Good Luck !!
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: