WHAT IS GENETIC ENGINEERING ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Genetic Engineering/ Biochemical Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF GENETIC ENGINEERING
- PhD. graduates in genetic engineering usually carry on with their post-doctoral training and can join the university as lecturers or research scientists.
- Students with just an undergraduate or master's degree can only work as research assistants or at best as lab managers.
- Genetic Engineering scientists and researchers usually find jobs in the research labs of universities and research institutions. Some even join the R&D section of biotech industries.
- After completing Genetic Engineering program, one can work in the field of medical, pharmaceutical, agriculture, government and private organisations for research and development.
- Cell Structure and Dynamics
- Macromolecular Structure and Analysis
- Microcopy and Instrumentation
- Organic Mechanisms in Biology
- Principles of Microbiology
- Principles of Transmission Genetics