Biology is one of the branches of science that deals with the study of life, living things and their important processes in detail. Biology focuses on the evolution of human beings, genetics, cells Biology, reproduction processes, chemical bonds, ecology, studying about different species, the formation of life, life-sustaining processes and elements, disorders, diseases, treatments and many more. Study of Biology as a discipline has not only paved the way for a large number of different opportunities for students but has also helped the people in improving their lives and the environment around them significantly. The growth prospects in the field of Biology has attracted a great number of students in pursuing this course and becoming a biologist.
Biology Course Highlight
B.Sc. in Biological Science
M.Sc. in Biological Science
PhD in Biological Sciences
PhD in Biology
X RAY Technology
PG Diploma in Computational Biology
PhD in Plant Molecular Biology
M.Sc. in Biology
M.Sc. in Applied Biology
M.Sc. in Environmental Science
B.Sc. (Hons) in Biological Science
M.Sc. in Wildlife Biology
B.Sc. in Biology
M.Sc. in MicroBiology
B.Sc. (Hons) in Biology
M. Phil in Plant Molecular Technology
M. Phil in Plant Biology and Biotechnology
UG Diploma in ECG
Minimum 50 percent aggregate marks in 10+2 level exam
Minimum 50 percent aggregate marks in the undergraduate level exam
Minimum 50 percent aggregate marks in the postgraduate level exam
Minimum Salary (per month)
Rs. 20,000 per month
Rs. 40,000 per month
Rs. 30,000 per month
Maximum Salary (per month)
No upper limit for salary
No upper limit for salary
No upper limit for salary
Biology Course Job
Doctor of Medicine, Research Assistant, Junior Resident/Tutor, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Medical Officer, Assistant Professor, Apprentice, General Duty Medical Officer, Junior Medical Consultant
Senior Resident/Tutor, Evaluation Manager, Junior Research Fellow, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Technical Officer, Senior Medical Consultant
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Research Scientist
Candidates aspiring to pursue Biology courses can apply for undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs, diploma courses, and certificate courses. In order to get admission into these courses, the candidates need to fulfil eligibility criteria decided by colleges and universities-
For undergraduate courses
For postgraduate courses
For diploma courses
For Ph.D. courses
Biology Course Entrance Exams
Most of the institutes in India take entrance exams before admitting students aspiring to study Biology courses at UG, PG or PhD levels. The score obtained in entrance exams along with marks obtained in 10+2 level, UG level program or PG level program is evaluated for admitting candidates into colleges. Some of the most common entrance exams for Biology courses in India are –
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Test: AIIMS is one of the biggest medical institutes in India. It offers one of the best study opportunities and placements to students seeking admission in various Biology courses at UG/PG/PhD levels.
2. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET): NEET is an all-India level exam which covers most of the medical institutes in India. NEET exams are held separately for UG and PG level courses. In order to get admission into top medical institutes in India, a candidate must secure a good NEET score.
3. The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Entrance Exam: PGIMER is one of the top medical institutes in India. In order to get admission into the institute in UG, PG and PhD courses, a candidate must clear the entrance exam conducted by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
4. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Entrance Exam: JIPMER, Puducherry is one among top medical colleges and universities in India. The entrance exam held for admission into various PG, UG and PhD programs in Biology is taken by a large number of students every year.
With every passing year, the popularity of Biology as a course is on the rise. Biology is a vast stream with many sub-fields, and each sub-field has its own specialisation and its own career option. The vast pool of opportunities offered by this course has attracted a huge number of candidates. Biology courses provide our societies with doctors, ecologists, scientists, researchers, environmentalists, and many more categories of servicemen who work to make our lives better.
The growth of diseases and health problems has led governments to establish medical institutes with Biology courses in order to give to our country best doctors and researchers. These institutes also recruit students into medical professions and research facilities in large numbers. These medical professionals work towards giving quality healthcare facilities in hospitals and clinics to those suffering from various health issues.
Medical and health sector is one of the biggest sectors in India and abroad. Students enrolled in Biology courses have great chances of getting big roles in the health sector in India and abroad as the demand gets higher and higher. Exceptionally good students may bag their first recruitment in big institutes like AIIMS and other big institutes abroad. Researching in big institutes in India and abroad is also plausible.
|Minimum Fees||Maximum Fees|
Subjects that make up the Biology course curriculum are selected to offer the students in-depth perspective of various key aspects related to different biological life forms. Following are some of the most important subjects that a Biology course comprises of –
Public Health and Management
Growth and Reproduction
Analytical Techniques in Plant and Animal Sciences
Natural Resource Management
Biology always has been and always will be one of the most important career options for science students. It is directly related to humans as well as our environment and other life forms. With significant research projects being organised in different fields of Biology, attractive career opportunities are available to the students, both in private sector companies as well as public sector entities. One can choose to work as a researcher, lecturer, or a consultant according to the preferences. Job security and excellent pay packages are ensured if one has the zest for continued learning and attention to detail.
On successful completion of Biology courses, students get a great number of career options. The choices vary from being professional medical doctors in hospitals and clinics to professors in colleges and universities. Choices of jobs also vary in terms of the specialisation a student opts for in his course. Some of the top job profiles with a job description are –
Diagnose and treat people with health issues. The specialisation will decide what will be the field of speciality as a doctor. One can be a physician, a surgeon, a veterinary doctor and so on.
One can teach medical science and Biology in colleges and institutes.
One can research various biological problems, help in the development of vaccines, medicines, and so on.
One can work in the pharmaceutical industry as a supervisor or as a developer of medicines for various health problems.
Ensuring that the patients who are coming for treatment are given proper healthcare facilities.
Research and help in producing various medicines, solutions and other medical equipment.
Assist in the working of biological devices and instruments in hospitals and institutes and also help in its development.
Researching the relationship between living organisms and the environment and surveying local communities and spreading awareness related to ecological issues.
Research and study about plants and their interaction with the environment.
Work as farming specialists for agro-based industries or research on plants for making them healthier and increasing their growth.
Biology Content Developer
Create the content on Biology-related aspects for websites and companies.
Works towards the protection of the environment.
1. Hospitals and Clinics
2. Medical Institutes
4. Agro-Based Industries
5. Private Health Industries
6. Research Centers
In order to successfully complete his/ her Biology course and become a great biologist, a student must develop certain skills required –
1. Interest: His keen interest in the subject is very important. Nothing will make sense if the student will not have an interest in what is being taught. In order to give full effort and devote much time to the course, a student’s interest is a must.
2. Knowledge Of Biology: Students pursuing this course must have knowledge of Biology as the course is based on that very discipline. In-depth knowledge of the course will not help the student in scoring but will also add to their wisdom.
3. Analytical Skills: A Biology student must inculcate within him/her analytical skills that will help him in analysing the complex situation and deduce complicated data. Analytical skills will help a biologist in addressing emergency situations with much more care.
4. Laboratory Skills: A Biologist has to do a lot of handwork in matters of surgeries, research and experimentation. His hand skills can only be excellent if he is well aware of general laboratory practices.
5. Confidence: A Biologist must be confident in what he learns and practices. He should be confident while taking initiatives and addressing emergency problems and issues.
6. Attentive: Biology as a subject requires a lot of attention. The smallest detail in the subject can be a matter of great consequences, so in order to excel in a Biology course, students must be very attentive while studying and reading.
7. Communication Skills: A biologist must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to excel in his field. He should be able to communicate with other fellows and express problems and solutions properly. He must not be hesitant.
Biology course curriculum is mostly focused on living organisms and the environment. The course contents, varying according to the level of specialisation, loosely focus on intricate biological processes in a living organism to ecology. Different subjects that make up the course curriculum for Biology include impart knowledge regarding various aspects of organisms and their respective environment. Students can acquire knowledge regarding various essential topics like genetic research, human anatomy, cell reproduction, evolutionary processes, homeostasis, biochemical reactions, energy production, disorders, diseases, life-sustaining components, different species of living organisms, and many more.
There are many sites which offer online tests for NEET .
Test series for separate subjects ie- Physics, chemistry, biology is also available online.
There are sites which offer free trial and minimum amount when you wish to continue to practice
But it is suggested to prepare last year's NEET questions thoroughly. I'm case you wish to give online tests then choose your platform wisely, do not compromise with quality of studies
NTA has not released official syllabus for NEET 2021 but CBSE has informed students about reducing syllabus by 30%.
So definitely this reduction in syllabus of class 11th and 12th will lead to reduction in NEET syllabus.
CBSE has reduced
But change in school syllabus cannot guarantee the change in NEET syllabus, NTA will release official syllabus soon.
Best of luck
There are various courses which you can pursue in Canada being a Biology Student:
Some of the best Agriculture Colleges in Canada:
The minimum requirement IELTS Score is an Overall Band of 6.5.
Hope this is helpful!
All the very best!
Yes, neuroscience is available in IISc Bangalore. These are following courses offered as per the official website:
Incase, you have a further specific query please feel free to ask
Best of Luck
Select your reason of reporting