Careers360 Logo
Interested in this College?
Get updates on Eligibility, Admission, Placements Fees Structure

Browse Admission Information Course-wise

Select College

Select...

Select Course

B.Tech Dairy Technology

No data provided by the college for admission procedure for the latest year

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Admission Process

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna offers admission to 3 undergraduate, 19 postgraduate courses and 11 doctoral courses. Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna admissions are offered for B.V.Sc, B.F.Sc, B.E.B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, M.V.Sc and Ph.D courses in full-time mode. BASU Patna admissions are based on the performance of the candidate in entrance examinations like NEET UG, BCECE, JEE Mains, and ICAR-AIEEA. Candidates applying for the courses should follow the complete admission procedure specified by Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna and meet the selection criteria.

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Application Process

  • Candidates applying to the BASU Patna courses must meet the eligibility criteria of the course.

  • The eligible candidates should fill up the application form available on the official website of the university.

  • The application form has to be filled with all the required details.

  • The filled-up application form has to be submitted with a scanned copy of documents and the application fee.

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna UG Course Admissions 2024

BASU Patna offers admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc), Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences (B.F.Sc) and Bachelor of Technology (B.E.B.Tech) at the undergraduate level. The B.F.Sc and B.E.B.Tech courses are offered for 4 years and B.V.Sc courses are offered for 6 years.

BASU Patna UG Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria

Courses 

Seat

Eligibility Criteria

B.F.Sc 

40

Candidates must have completed 10+2/Intermediate or equivalent examinations with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category). Candidates must have qualified NEET.

B.E/B.Tech 

30

Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology from a recognised Board. 

B.V.Sc

NA

Candidates who have completed  Higher Secondary/Intermediate with PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology)/ PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)/Agriculture from a recognized Board/University. 

BASU Patna B.V.Sc Admission Process

  • Candidates are required to meet eligibility criteria as per the guidelines of the Veterinary Council of India New Delhi. 

  • Admission to the B.V.Sc course is based on the merit of the NEET exam conducted by NTA. 

  • Candidates having valid scores in the NEET exam should appear for the counselling process conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board, Patna.

  • The institute reserves 8 5%) of the approved seats for the candidates having Bihar domicile through BCECE Board Patna. The remaining 15% of seats will be filled in on an All India Basis by the VCI, New Delhi. 

  • The selected candidates are required to appear for the document verification process.

  • The final admission is done after the payment of fees. 

BASU Patna B.F.Sc Admission Process

  • Candidates applying to the  B.F.Sc course must fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.

  • The eligible candidates interested to take admission in B.F.Sc degree must appear BCECE conducted by conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive

  • Examination Board (BCECEB), Patna.

  • Candidates having valid scores in the entrance examination must appear for the counselling process. 

  • The institute provides admission to 85% of the seats to the candidates having e Bihar domicile through BCECE Board, Patna. The remaining 15% of seats will be filled in on an All India basis by the ICAR, New Delhi.

  • The final admission is done after verification of documents and payment of fees

BASU Patna B.E/B.Tech Admission Process

  • Candidates belonging to B.E/B. Tech courses must meet the eligibility criteria of the course.

  • Admission to the B.E/B. Tech course is based on the performance of the candidate in the JEE Main entrance examination.

  • Candidates having valid scores in the JEE Main entrance examination should register and visit the official website of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)  and register themselves for the counselling process.

  • The selected candidates should complete the admission process after document verification and payment of fees. 

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna PG Course Admissions 2024

At the postgraduate level, BASU Patna offers a Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.)  and Master of Technology (M.Tech) in full-time mode. BASU Patna M.E/M. Tech courses are offered in the specialisation of Dairy Technology, Dairy Microbiology and Dairy Chemistry.

BASU Patna  PG Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria

Courses 

Seat

Eligibility Criteria

M.E/M.Tech 

7

Candidate who has passed a four-year undergraduate degree /B.Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate ( 55% in aggregate for SC/ST category)

M.V.Sc 

63

Candidates who have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (55% in case of reserved category)

BASU Patna M.V.Sc Admission Process

  • Candidates seeking admission to the M.V.Sc course should meet the eligibility criteria and appear for the ICAR-AIEEA (PG) examination conducted by ICAR in the concerned major subject group.

  • The shortlisting of the candidates is based on the performance of candidates in ICAR - AIEEA.

  • The seat allotment is done based on the merit of ICAR-AIEEA and the reservation policy of the Bihar Government. 

  • 75% of seats are reserved for the resident/domicile of Bihar state and the remaining 25% of seats will be filled up by the candidates allotted by I.C.A.R. based on the All India Entrance Examination.

  • The final admission is done after document verification and payment of fees. 

BASU Patna M.E/M.Tech Admission Process

  • Candidates applying for the  M.E/M. Tech courses should meet the eligibility criteria of the course.

  • Admission to  M.E/M. Tech courses are based on the ICAR-AIEEA (PG) examination in the required subject.

  • Selection of the candidate is based on the ICAR–AIEEA (PG)  examination conducted by the I.C.A.R. and the counselling process conducted by the University.

  • The seat allotment is done as per the merit of the entrance examination and reservation policy followed by the institution. 

  • The admission process is complete after document verification and fee payment. 

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Doctoral Admissions 2024

BASU Patna offers admission to Ph.D courses in 11 different specialisations at the doctoral level in full-time mode. BASU Patna Ph.D courses are offered for 6 years. 

BASU Patna  Doct Courses, Seat Intake and Eligibility Criteria

Courses 

Seat

Eligibility Criteria

Ph. D 

19

Candidates with a Master's Degree in the relevant subject with at least 70% marks in aggregate (65% marks in case of SC/ST categories)

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Ph.D Admission Process

  • Candidates applying to Ph.D courses must meet the eligibility criteria of the course.

  • Admission to BASU Patna Ph.D course is based on ICAR-AICE-JRF/SRF (Ph.D.)-2023 conducted by ICAR.

  • Candidates must select the subject of their choice while applying for the Ph.D programmes.

  • Candidates are selected based on the merit of ICAR-AICE- JRF/SRF (Ph.D)

  • Seventy-five per cent (75%) of seats in each department are reserved for the resident/domicile of Bihar and the remaining 25% of seats are available for candidates allotted by I.C.A.R. based on the All India Entrance Examination. 

  • The selected candidates are required to confirm their admission after document verification and payment of fees.

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Admission Process - Documents Required

  • School Leaving Certificate 

  • Migration Certificate 

  • Matriculation Mark Sheet

  • Matriculation Pass Certificate

  • Mark Sheet of I.Sc./Higher Secondary/10+2

  • /Higher Secondary/10+2 

  • Graduation Marksheet (in case of PG and Doctoral courses)

  • f master’s degree (for Ph.D)

  • Permanent Residential/Domicile Certificate issued by competent authority 

  • Caste/Category/EWS Certificate issued by competent authority

  • NEET Rank Card/IC

  • Medical Fitness Certificate from Registered Medical Practitioner with Registration Number

  • Six photographs of passport size (

  • Three sets of photocopies of all the documents mentioned above

  • Character certificate from

  •  Certificate of physically handicapped/disabled issued by the Medical board for students who are to be admitted against this quota.

Note: The category-wise distribution of seats as per the reservation policy of the government of Bihar. Admission will be granted to candidates on submission of the Migration certificate in original at the time of counselling cum admission.

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

1: What is the process of admission for BASU Patna B.V.Sc?

The BASU Patna B.V.Sc admission process is based on the scores of the NEET exam followed by the counselling process conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board, Patna.

2: What is the application process for BASU Patna courses?

Candidates seeking admission to BASU Patna courses should fill up the application process available at the official website of the college.

3: What is the seat intake for Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna B.E/B.Tech course?

The number of seats available for  Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna B.E/B.Tech course is 30.

4: Which entrance examination is accepted for Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna M.V.Sc course?

Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna M.V.Sc admission is based on the scores of ICAR-AIEEA.

5: What is the seat intake for the B.F.Sc course at Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna?

The number of seats available at Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna is 40.

Have a question related to Bihar Animal Sciences University, Patna ?

Articles

Applications for Admissions are open.

Amity University, Noida B.Tech Admissions 2024
Amity University, Noida B.Tech Admissions 2024
Apply

Asia's Only University with the Highest US & UK Accreditation

UPES B.Tech Admissions 2024
UPES B.Tech Admissions 2024
Apply

Ranked #52 among universities in India by NIRF | Highest CTC 50 LPA | 100% Placements | Last Date to Apply: 27th June

India's Biggest Liberal Arts & Sciences Expo
India's Biggest Liberal Arts & Sciences Expo
Apply

50+ Institutes, 200+ Programs, 100+ Scholarships, On-spot Admission opportunities, Cashback on application fees & much more

Jain University B.Tech 2024
Jain University B.Tech 2024
Apply

100% Placement Record | Highest CTC 42 LPA | NAAC A++ Accredited | Ranked #68 in India by NIRF Ranking 2023 | Last Date to Apply - 14th June

MIT Academy of Engineering B.Tech Admissions 2024
MIT Academy of Engineering B.Tech Admissions 2024
Apply

Highest CTC 25 LPA | Average CTC 5.54 LPA | 280+ Recruiters

Amity University | M.Tech Admissions 2024
Amity University | M.Tech Admissions 2024
Apply

Ranked amongst top 3% universities globally (QS Rankings).

View All Application Forms

Download Careers360 App's

Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

  • student
    300M+

    Students

  • colleges
    36,000+

    Colleges

  • exams
    550+

    Exams

  • ebook
    1500+

    E-Books

  • certification
    16000+

    Certifications

student
Mobile Screen

We Appeared in

Back to top