- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/including course work and a maximum of six years Doctoral program and it is offered by National Institute of Technology Raipur. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- Shortlisting of candidates for Ph.D. program will be done on the basis of objective type is written examination.
- Candidates who are regular faculty and staff member of NIT Raipur who has successfully completed their probation period need not to appear in the written entrance examination. Similarly, UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/Teacher Fellowship holder/M. Phil. passed candidates need not to appear in the written entrance examination.
- All other eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the written examination.
- All shortlisted candidates along with candidate of a category (ii) above will be called for interview for final selection.
The Minimum qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be:
- A Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/Humanities and Social Science, Architecture/Planning or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the institute. Minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA /CPI at Master's degree is essential for admission in Ph.D. programme of the institute.
- The concerned department will judge the suitability of the candidate for pursuing Ph.D. in particular discipline based on his/her specialization in the Master's Degree. The decision of the Institute shall be final in this regard.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, they have to produce a certificate of passing the qualifying examination as stated above on the day of the interview.