National Institute of Technology Raipur was established in 1956 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The foundation stone of the college was laid by our former president Hon'ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad on 14th September, 1956. NIT Raipur was earlier known as the Government Engineering College Raipur but later got changed to National Institute of Technology in 2005. The Inauguration of the Institute was done by our former Prime Minister Hon'ble Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on 14th March, 1963.The college was initially started with two branches known as Metallurgical and Mining Engineering, but currently offers 12 undergraduate and 6 Postgraduate courses. NIT Raipur also offers Ph.D programmes related to different research areas. The Institute is spread with an area of 100 acres offering a variety of infrastructural and academic facilities including Central Library, Hostel, Guest House, Campus Security, Juice shops, Sports and Medical facilities etc.
National Institute of Technology Raipur is located in Great Eastern Rd, Amanaka, Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Swami Vivekananda Airport which is 21.2 km away and students can reach the campus in about 30 mins. The nearest railway station from NIT Raipur is the Raipur Junction Railway Station which is about 4 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 10 mins. Students coming by bus can get down at NIT Raipur Bus Stop which is about 280 metres away from the Institute campus.
National Institute of Technology Raipur is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez Mexico
Vali-E-Asr University Iran
University of Warwick, UK
Department of Commerce and Industry, Chattisgarh
Innovation Curis Private Limited, Delhi
Powergrid Corporation of India Limited
Pt J.N.M. Medical College Raipur
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
NSS- National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Youth Programme which is established under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. Students of National Institute of Technology Raipur have also conducted various programmes under this scheme including international yoga day, blood donation, leprosy campaign, swachh bharat, literary campaign, mass cleaning, mass tree plantation, road traffic awareness, sand sculpturing, polio vaccine, disaster management, PFMS training etc. to spread awareness among the common people.
NCC- N.C.C has been formed inside NIT Raipur to show the importance of living a disciplined life among students which also helps them contribute their part towards the development of the country. The students of the N.C.C group also take part in various other activities including Para Sailing, Gliding, Para dropping, Training Camps, National Integration Camps, Rock climbing and Mountaineering activities Boat Pulling/Sailing and Ship Modelling etc.
Cultural Committee- The members of the Cultural committee of NITR conduct and participate in activities like photography, dramatics, music, dance, literary, publications and fine-arts to develop their skills and also to take a break from their academics.
Technical Committee- The members of this society engage themselves in activities to develop their technical and educational skills apart from academics. The society also conducts other events like rock concerts, food fests, freshers and farewell inside National Institute of Technology Raipur.
Sports Committee- The main objective of Sports Committee is to conduct sports like basketball, handball, net ball, football, badminton, athletics and cricket.
Click Club- This Click Club of NIT Raipur captures all the wonderful moments of joy and happiness. All the pictures and videos needed to be taken are clicked and edited by the members of this Club. This club provides a platform to students where they can show their creativity in terms of photography. It also motivates other students of the institute to join this club so that they can learn and develop skills on photography. The members of this club also organise and participate in various events and cultural fests.
Entrepreneurship Cell- The Entrepreneurship Cell of NIT Raipur was formed with the objective of developing the entrepreneurship skills in students so that they can develop ideas and plan to start entrepreneurial ventures. Students are mentored here by trained professionals by organising various events and workshops.
Sahyog Club- Sahyog Club is the mentorship club of National Institute of Technology Raipur which aims to solve the problems of students by providing them with solutions and proper guidance.
Robotics Club- The main objective of the Robotics Club of NIT Raipur is to encourage students to learn more about robotics. Students of the club conduct and participate in activities and workshops related to robotics, mechanical design etc. Students here learn about the working pattern of robots so that they make their bot.
Innovative Club- The Innovative Club consists of members who share a common interest to learn more about innovation. The members of this club indulge themselves in group activities and programmes where they discuss, share and learn information to create new things.
Music Club- Music Club of National Institute of Technology Raipur aims to develop the skills of students in music and playing instruments. All the members of this club indulge themselves in practice sessions so that they enhance their music skills.
Go Green Club- The Environment Club of NITR aims to develop environmental awareness among the students of the university. Students here indulge themselves in different environmental programmes and activities and make sure to contribute their part towards the environment.
Dance Club- The dance club of NIT Raipur which lets students practice and learn different dance activities including hip-hop, bollywood, salsa, folk dance, classical, freestyle, contemporary and many more. This club also provides a great platform to students where they can develop their dance related skills. The members of this club also conduct various dance events inside the institute and take part in them.
Interact Club- The Interact Club aims to share knowledge and ideas among the students of NITR by conducting interactive sessions and activities.
Rajbhasha Samiti- This group of National Institute of Technology Raipur aims to promote Hindi language by organising various workshops and quizzes.
TEDxNITRaipur- Various ted talk sessions on various topics are being conducted by the students of NIT Raipur.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
NIT Raipur offers admissions to B.Tech, B.E and B.Arch programmes on the basis of JEE Main scores and to M.Tech and M.E programmes based on GATE scores. The college also offers admissions to MCA programmes based on NIMCET scores and to Ph.D programmes based on the performance of the written test and interview conducted by the authority. Detailed description on all the programmes provided by National Institute of Technology Raipur and its admission procedure, counselling process and other details are mentioned below.
For Admission to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch programmes have to appear and qualify JEE Main.
- Based on their scores in JEE Main, candidates have to register for JoSAA counselling on the official website of JoSAA along with necessary documents and payment of fees.
- Candidates need to choose NIT Raipur as the preferred college while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates are offered admission to B.Tech/BE programmes based on JoSAA registration, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
- 50% seats are filled under the home state category for Delhi students and the remaining 50% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to other states.
- Admission for foreign nationals is carried out by Direct Admission for Students Abroad (DASA) under the MHRD.
For Admission to M.Tech/M.E programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech/ME programmes need to appear and qualify GATE.
- Based on their GATE scores, students can proceed for CCMT counselling that is conducted to admit students to M.Tech/M.E programmes.
- Candidates need to register themselves for CCMT counselling by providing GATE credentials, qualifying degrees certificates, personal details etc. and by paying the requisite registration fees.
- Candidates will have to select National Institute of Technology Raipur as their first preference while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates will be offered admission to M.E/M.Tech programmes based on the counselling participation, choice locking, choice filling, document verification and payment of fees.
For Admission to MCA programme
- Candidates need to appear and qualify NIMCET to get admission to the MCA programme.
- Candidates who qualify the minimum NIMCET scores, are eligible to register themselves for the counselling procedure on the official website of NIMCET along with required documents and payment of fees.
- The list of eligible candidates for counselling/seat allotment based on their NIMCET rank will be available on the official website of NIMCET.
- Candidates will have to select NITR as the preferred college while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates who will qualify the counselling procedure will get admission to the MCA programme after paying the required admission fees and verification of documents.
For Admission to doctorate programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to doctoral programmes, need to clear the written test conducted by the respective departments.
- Candidates who will qualify the written test, need to appear for an interview related to their research area.
- Based on the marks scored by candidates in their written test and interview, the merit list of the eligible candidates will be released by the authority.
- Candidates will get admission to doctoral programmes after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees at National Institute of Technology Raipur.
- Candidates interested in applying in more than one department need to apply on the separate application form along with necessary fees and a write-up related to their relevant research area.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
National Institute of Technology Raipur offers certain facilities to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute including Library, Hostel, Medical, Sports, Juice Shops, Guest House, CCD etc.Detailed description on all the facilities provided to the students, faculty and staff of NIT Raipur are mentioned below.
Central Library- The library of NITR has a huge collection of about 1 lakh printed books to provide necessary knowledge and information to students regarding engineering and architecture. The library also has a collection of magazines, pamphlets and journals. The library timings are from 9.00 am to 8.00 pm from Monday-Friday and 9.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturdays.
Hostel- There are 5 boys hostels and 3 girls hostels provided within the campus of NIT Raipur. All the hostels are provided with a mess facility which provides quality food to students. Other facilities like WiFi, newspapers and magazines are also provided to hostelers. All the hostels are provided with uninterrupted water and power supply.
Medical Facility- Medical and healthcare facilities are available for students and staff of National Institute of Technology Raipur 24x7. The medical unit is provided with trained medical officers and nurses which offers any kind of medical treatment to students and staff in case of any medical emergency. The institute also provides an ambulance for students and staff in case of any emergency.
- Central Computer Centre- The Central Computer Centre is the nucleus of all the computing services. It provides central services related to computing and internet. It provides campus wide wired network, campus wide wifi network, campus wide telephony network, campus network security, advanced computing facility, the campus hosting services and campus wide software licensing. It is also engaged in software development works towards various internal application requirements of the Institute. It has more than 400 computers.
- Guest House- The Guest House of the institute provides accommodation facility to the institute guests, guests of the faculty/staff members of the institute, parents of the students, visitors from other NITs and educational institutes etc. Guest house has three living rooms, one dining hall and one hall. All rooms are equipped with state of art facilities like AC, TV, and Refrigerator etc.
- Security- The campus security works to create and maintain a safe environment by providing campus-wide patrol and surveillance, develop fire prevention, fire fighting, fire control & safety and security awareness among the security staff, provide adequate training & knowledge to the security staff to ensure proper handling of harassment, intimidation, workplace violence in the campus.
- Estate Maintenance- The Estate maintenance department (Civil & Electrical) maintains Civil & Electrical services for the entire campus which includes Institute buildings, hostels, residential quarters and other premises. The department provides water supply services to the whole campus through institute's own supply system & electrical supply through 33 KV high tension line with 33 KV/0.4 KV transformers. It also provides electrical back up to the prominent places like server system, computer centers, administrative offices etc.
Sports Facility- National Institute of Technology Raipur provides facilities for playing various indoor and outdoor games including tennis, basketball, badminton, table tennis, volleyball etc. A trained and professional coach is there to guide the students and help them develop their skills. All the students get an opportunity to take part in various inter-college tournaments to develop their skills and learn the spirit of teamwork and sportsmanship. Other facilities of gymnastics and yoga sessions are also conducted for the students.
Cafe Coffee Day- A ccd outlet is also available inside NIT Raipur campus where students can enjoy their favorite food items and beverages.
Juice Corner- A juice corner is also provided inside NITR campus where a variety of juices are available for the students, staff and faculty of the Institute. The juice shop remains open from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm daily.
NIT raipur stands a one of best colleges
Last Seen: 02 Jun' 20
Joined On: 01 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Tech Biotechnology Engineering
Teachers give a lot assignments
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 25 May' 18
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Tech Biotechnology Engineering
Good NIT to enroll in
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 26 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- B.Tech Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Questions related to NIT Raipur
i regreted to join nit raipur mining and took a drop and joined in iit is what i did correct,i am in dilemma
If you have already Indian Institute of Technology after drop then your decision would be considered positive as IITs and a higher reputation, better academics and placement record than NITs. Also studying in IITs open chances for more opportunities and provides a great environment with other smart candidates. NITs are also reputed colleges of India and have good academics and opportunities but does not align with IITs every time.
Please do not worry and give your 100% to the course you have taken admission in so that your decision becomes fruitful. For further doubts, ask us.
Ait pune vs Nit raipur for cse
Both these colleges are almost ranked same as far as CSE placements are concerned. The highest package for NIT Raipur was 33 lakhs per annum last year and 39 lakhs in AIT Pune last year. And the average salaries in each of these colleges is aaround 5-7 lakhs per year for students with 95 and 97 percentage placement records. I will personally recommmend you to choose AIT Pune since it has got great infrastrucutre and a high participation into extra curricular activites may it be sports or cultural related.
Refer to the sites for more detailed information -
Best wishes. Thankyou.
I got 86.17 percentile in Jee January 2020 SC category and completed 10 and 12 in CG can I get NIT Raipur CSE?
According to the past years results and assumptions your approximately rank will be more than 5000-6000 category rank ( it may vary accordingly).
And if we see last year's cut offs for NIT raipur cse branch it will be not possible to get cse with this rank but you may get mechanical or mining branch in NIT RAIPUR.
You can see previous years cut offs here :
Im from Telangana how many minimum marks and percentile to get seat in NIT raipur of civil engineer Im obc ........ my percentile in Jan 2020 is 95.019 is this enough?
In 2019 a candidate with rank 8771 belonging to OBC-NCL from other state secured seat in Civil Engineering in NIT, Raipur.This cut off changes every year depending on number of candidates appeared, number of seats available, difficulty of exam etc.Your expected rank will be around 42881 your expected rank can be calculated by the formula (100-your total percentile)*869010/100
.And your category rank will be in between 10000-12000.Considering previous year cut off you may not get seat but as said earlier cut off may increase or decrease.
what is the minimum percentile to get seat in NIT raipur of mining branch for Sc
The cut offs for NUT raipur depends upon various factors like: difficulty level of exam in that particular year, previous yrs cut off trends, total no pf students appeared & seats available in that college for that branch. As per these parameters our experts have come out with the expected cut offs for this institue (subject to change):
For mining engineering:
- For all india SC: Male cut off rank is 5776 & for female is 8378
- For home state SC: Male is 10353 & female is 12546
I hope this helps
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: