- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Metallurgical Engineering is six years program offered at National Institute of Technology Raipur
Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- Shortlisting of candidates for Ph.D. program will be done on the basis of objective type is written examination.
- Candidates who are regular faculty and staff member of NIT Raipur who has successfully completed their probation period need not to appear in the written entrance examination. Similarly, UGC/CSIR (JRF)/NET/Teacher Fellowship holder/M. Phil. passed candidates need not to appear in the written entrance examination.
- All other eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the written examination.
- All shortlisted candidates along with candidate of a category (ii) above will be called for interview for final selection.
The Minimum qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be:
- A Master's degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Management/Humanities and Social Science, Architecture/Planning or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the institute. Minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA /CPI at Master's degree is essential for admission in Ph.D. programme of the institute.
- The concerned department will judge the suitability of the candidate for pursuing Ph.D. in particular discipline based on his/her specialization in the Master's Degree. The decision of the Institute shall be final in this regard.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. However, they have to produce a certificate of passing the qualifying examination as stated above on the day of the interview.