First year B. Tech. students will be provided shared accommodation at an annual rent of Rs.8,000 only. The charges for food will be at actual based on dividing system and will approximately be around Rs.3,000 per month.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Shanmugha Arts Science Technology Research and Academy, Thanjavur
Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering is a four-year full-time course offered by Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology and Reserch Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur.
Admission to the B.Tech. programs will be conducted under two streams. All the applicants will be eligible for both the stream and need not submit two separate application form. This application form will be considered for the both streams.
(1) Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2018 scores and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
(2) Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
Stream 1 Admission: Applicants under stream 1 will be admitted to 70% of the seats based on JEE (Main) 2018 scores and normalized +2 marks. The weightage for JEE Main scores and +2 marks will be 25% & 75% respectively. The aggregate JEE Main score and normalized +2 aggregate will be taken together as per the weightage and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score.
For example: If a student secures a JEE Main Score of 185 and normalized +2 aggregate is 95%, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*185) + (0.75*95) = 117.5
The combined score of all students will be used to determine the SASTRA Rank and admission will be based on the SASTRA Rank secured.
Stream 2 Admission: Applicants under Stream 2 will be admitted based on their normalized aggregate +2 or its equivalent marks. This is for 30% of the total seats. To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/ boards in to the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent aggregate marks will be normalized. A irst rank student of each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate mark of all other students of the board is normalized with reference to that of the irst rank student. For example, if the irst rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then the applicant’s normalized percentage is 92.78 (90/97x100). A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions for the 30% of the total seats.
Note: Applicants are allowed to attend counselling for stream 2 even if they are admitted under Stream 1 and can change branch, if they wish to.
- A pass in the +2 (or) its equivalent examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology and recognized by any State Board / Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 (or) its equivalent examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology obtained in a single sitting.
- Students with diploma in Engineering / Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech. Programme.
- The candidate should not have completed 19 years as on 1.7.2018. (21 years for Lateral Entry).