|31 Jul, 2020||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|01 Apr, 2020||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
|20 Nov, 2019||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|20 Oct, 2019||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/six-year Doctoral program and it is offered by the Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R and D Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- Candidates applying for PhD are required to write the entrance examination.
- The syllabus for entrance examination is available on the website.
- The entrance examination consists 50% of the research methodology and 50% subject-specific questions.
- Candidates with UGC/CSIR(JRF)/NET/SLET/Teacher-Fellowships/MPhil/other National level eligibility test will be exempted from writing the entrance examinations.
- The candidate should secure 50% marks in the entrance examination to qualify for the personal interview.
- The candidates shortlisted in the entrance examination shall be called for the personal interview. The candidates are required to discuss their research interest/ area through a power point presentation before a duly constituted Departmental Research Committee.
- Selected candidates shall be provisionally admitted for PhD programme on verification of original certificates and payment of prescribed fee structure for PhD.
M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. (Research) in the relevant branch of Engineering or Technology. The candidate should obtain a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examinations, or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.