About Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar
Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar was established in the year 2002. The institute is also known as ACET Amritsar. ACET Amritsar is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar is an Edcil (Educational Consultants) India Limited (Govt. of India enterprise) partner Institute and is affiliated to Inder Kumar Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU). ACET Amritsar offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students in the field of Engineering, Management, Computer Application, Hotel Management and Agriculture.
ACET is located at 12 Km Stone, GT Road, NH3, Meharbanpur in Punjab. Mananwala Railway Station is around 8 km away from the college. Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, Amritsar is approximately 28 km away and Amritsar Bus Depot is around 15 km away from the institute. Students can hire a can or take an auto-rickshaw to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
ACET Amritsar is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
ACET has the following collaborations.
- Carleton University
- University Of Fraser Valley
- Cape Breton University, Canada
- OTHM qualifications
- Pittsburgh University, USA
- Regnesys Business School
- France International Graduate school(FIGS), France
- University of California, San Diego
- Dankook University, South Korea
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar offers admission to the various courses in the field of Engineering, Management, Computer Application, Hotel Management, Agriculture, etc through an entrance cum scholarship test - Amritsar Group of Colleges National Entrance cum Scholarship Test (AGC NEST) conducted by Amritsar Group of Colleges. Admissions based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam is offered by ACET, only for few courses such as B.Voc and Masters in Hotel Management. The details of the admission procedure of Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar is given below:
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses, except B.Voc and Masters in Hotel Management
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Amritsar Group of Colleges National Entrance cum Scholarship Test (AGC NEST) conducted by Amritsar Group of Colleges.
- Candidates have to qualify for the entrance test.
- Aspirants scoring the required marks in order to qualify the test will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of marks obtained in AGC NEST, document verification at Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar and fee payment.
B.Voc and Masters in Hotel Management
- Aspirants need to apply online on the website of ACET Amritsar.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam and based on merit, candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission in Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology on the basis of merit, document verification at Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Exams and Cutoffs
College is good ,awesome infrastructure,friendly nature
Last Seen: 13 May' 18
Joined On: 31 Mar' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering
It is option for making career with high profile
Joined On: 07 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2015
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Joined On: 29 Feb' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, canteen, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Library: Anand Institute of Higher Technology, Chennai has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: ACET Amritsar provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Restaurant: Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology has a restaurant named ACET Swagatam that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Kalpana Chawla Hostel is the girls’ hostel and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is the hostel for boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Medical Centre and Dispensary: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students, ACET has a Medical Centre and dispensary which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 04 Nov 2021 and the score is 3.05 .
Questions related to Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, Amritsar
I have given my ACET EXAM on 10 October and the result is still awaited. But Im confused as to whether to pursue this course or not? I dont know if I can do that or not? Does it requires lot of travelling?
ACET is Actuarial Common Entrance Test which is conducted by IAI. If you want to enroll as student members of IAI so you can go for this.
After cleaning ACET you have to clear 15papers prescribed by IAI to be awarded by FIAI. It could take 4 to 6 years to clear all 15 papers.
It's a very good department but choice is totally yours.
If you want then go for it and if you not then decision is your.
All the best.
what reference books should i use for acet entrance exam
Reference Books for any entrance exam preparation helps you to score considerable marks in the exam.
Here i am providing Good Reference Books for ACET exam.
- Test of mathematics at ten plus Two level Published by ISI.
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Editor by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Editor by :Abhijit Guna
- Word power made easy editor :Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor by Arthur Angel.
I hope this reference Books helps you,
Crack your Exam.
ALL THE BEST!!
Should I order Sourav sir classes ACET BOOK SET from amazon ? Is it useful?
I would suggest that whatever help you think you need for your entrance exam you should take it. Every book has its own value. If you think that you can gain from some book you should buy it depending on your needs.
Whats all included in Algebra topic in mathematics for ACET EXAM?
The "ActuarialCommon Entrance Test" (ACET) is an entrance exam for those who want to join as the members of the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) and plan to take & qualify in the various actuarial examinations conducted by the Institute of Actuaries India. ACET is conducted twice in a year.After clearing the ACET, a candidate needs to clear a series of 15 papers prescribed by the IAI to be awarded the Fellowship in Actuary (FIAI) to be designated as a Qualified Actuary.
Examination syllabus is as follows:
As per your query - Alebra subject comes under Mathematics.
Question pattern of Alegbra in ACET:
1. Manipulate algebraic expressions involving powers, logs, polynomials and
2. Solve simple equations, including simultaneous equations by rearrangement, substitution, cancellation, expansion and factorisation.
3. Solve an equation that can be expressed as a quadratic equation by factorisation, by “completing the square” or by applying the quadratic formula, and identify which of the roots is appropriate in a particular context.
4. Solve inequalities (“inequations”) in simple cases and understand the concept of a “strict” or “weak” inequality.
5. State and apply the arithmetic-geometric mean inequality, and know the conditions under which equality holds.
6.Understand and apply the Σ and Π notation for sums and products, including
sums over sets and repeated sums.
6. Calculate the sum of a series involving finite arithmetic or geometric progressions or non-terminating geometric progressions using the formulaes and be able to determine when a non-terminating geometric series converges. 7.Solve simple first or second order difference equations including applying boundary conditions by inspection or by means of an auxiliary equation.
All the Best!!
Please suggest me a book of Statistics which can help me in ACET exams 2020?
here are the book recommendations for ACET preparation
1. TOMATO (test of mathematics at ten plus two level published) by indian statistical institute (ISI)
2. ACTED study material - FAC and STATS PACK by actuarial education comapany
3. how to prepare for verbal ability and reading comprehension for CAT by arun sharma and meenakshi upadhyay , Mc graw hill
4. trishna's data interpretation and logical reasoning for the CAT and other MBA entrance examinations by T.I.M.E
5. how to prepare for quantitative aptitude for the CAT editor by arun sharma
6. problem primer for the olympaid editors by CR pranesachar , BJ venkatachala , CS yogananda
7. qunatitative aptitude for competitive examinations editor by abhijit guha
8. an excursion in mathematics editors by M.R modak , .S.A katre, V.V Acharya , V.M sholapurkar
for more books and details go through the link
hope this helps!
Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology (ACET) has announced appli....
Institute: Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology, AmritsarAmrits....
Amritsar College of Engineering & Technology (ACET) has announced the....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 04 Nov 2021 ; CGPA : 3.05