- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Pharmaceutics shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including coursework and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned and offered by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
All admissions for Ph.D. programmes shall be through an Entrance Test conducted by the SPPU. Candidates qualified in UGC-NET (Including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF)/SLET/GATE (valid score) or teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programmes. Candidates who have passed M. Phil. Programme of the SPPU will be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. programme.
Subject to the conditions stipulated in this Annexure, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. program:
- Master’s Degree holders satisfying the criteria stipulated under Clause 1 above.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to reserved categories/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per policies of the Government of Maharashtra prescribed from time to time.
- A person whose M.Phil. the dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. program of the same institution.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian institution, from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.