CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore was established by the CMS Educational and Charitable Trust, a non-profit organisation in the year 1988. It is also known as CMS College. In the year 2007, the college received the accolade of autonomy. The institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi and is recognised by the University Grants Commission. CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore offers 17 Undergraduate courses, 14 Postgraduate, 7 M.Phil and 3 Ph.D programmes to the students.
CMS College is located at Chinnavedampatty Road, Athipalayam Road, Sreevatsa Global Village, Saravanampatti, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. Pilamedu Railway Station is around 7 km away from the institute. Coimbatore International Airport is approximately 14 km away from the college. CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore is around 4 km away from K.P.N. Bus Depot. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
CMS College has the following collaborations:
- Network Clothing Company, Tiruppur
- Gloshipping & Logistics Private Limited, Coimbatore
- M/s Senthil Papain and food products Ltd, Coimbatore.
- M/s Nara Intech (P) Ltd, Chennai.
- M/s Sri Ayyappa Ghee, Coimbatore
- Pearl Restaurant, Coimbatore
- M/s Ramsen Biocare (P) Ltd, Palladam.
- Suguna foods Ltd, Coimbatore
- Sify Technology Limited, Chennai
- MeriTrac System Private Limited, Mumbai
- ICTACT, Government of India
- NCVT, Government of India
- Point Perfect Technology Solutions
- Clusters Academy of Excellence
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Commerce Association and Club: This is a departmental club of the Department of Commerce that conducts various events, programmes and competitions for the students.
- National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
- Fine Arts Association: This association promotes fine arts and provides a platform for the students to showcase their skills in the field of art.
- Science Club: The Science Club of CMS College has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
- Eco Club: The members of this Club work to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
- Theatre Club: Theatre Club is for theatre and dramatics enthusiasts. This club consists of actors and performers. It organises events like street plays, stage plays etc.
- Alumni Association: The members are involved in interacting and remain connected to the alumni of the institution and gather and update information about them.
- Placement Cell: The members of this Cell works to prepare the prospective students for the campus selection programs and helps in the smooth conduction of recruitment drive.
CMSCBE Courses & Fees
CMSCBE Admissions 2021
CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore admission
CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore offers 17 Undergraduate courses, 14 Postgraduate, 7 M.Phil and 3 Ph.D programmes to the students. Admission to undergraduate courses is offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination whereas admission to postgraduate courses is based on an entrance test. The last stage of admission includes institute level document verification and fee payment. Admission is confirmed only once the fee is paid and documents get verified.
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of CMS College.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of merit, document verification and fee payment.
Post Graduate Courses
- Candidates have to apply online on the university website.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for the entrance test.
- Candidates have to qualify in the entrance test.
- Based on the marks secured in the entrance test, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of marks secured in the entrance test, document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
CMSCBE Student Reviews
CMS College of Science and Commerce, Coimbatore has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to boys and girls. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc. CMS College has 5 hostels for men, 3 hostels for women and 2 hostels for International students.
Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
Auditorium: CMS College of Science and Commerce has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 01 Nov 2023 and the score is 3.38 .
CMSCBE Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 01 Nov 2023 ; CGPA : 3.38