About Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam
Gobi Arts and Science College (GASC), Gobichettipalayam was established in the year 1968. The campus is spread over 50 acres of land. The college is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC). GASC courses include undergraduate (B.Sc., BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com), postgraduate (M.Sc, M.Com, MCA, MA, PGDCA) and research (M.Phil, Ph.D) courses in various areas. GASC is affiliated to Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
GASC is located at Karattadipalayam, Gobichettipalayam, Tamil Nadu. Tiruppur Railway Station is 48 km away and Gobi Bus Stand is 4.6 km away from the college. Coimbatore International Airport is 79.1 km away and it will take around 1 hour 55 minutes to reach the Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the college.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- GASC is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Fine Arts and Cultural Club: The Fine Arts Club nurtures the creative minds and provides a platform for students interested in arts to showcase their creativity and artistic talent.
- Photography, Painting and Short Films Club: This club provides a platform for students where they can show their creativity in terms of photography using short films. It also motivates other students to join this club so that they can learn and develop skills in photography.
- Science Club: This Club consists of members where they perform projects and research works related to science. Science club provides a platform for students where they study books and topics to learn and know more about advancing science.
- Blood Donar Club: The members of this club organises events like blood donation camps and interested students can volunteer.
- Sports and Games Club: This club of GASC encourages students to participate in different sports and tournaments organised at the national and international levels.
- EDP and Career Guidance Cell: This Cell encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and provides opportunities to work on short term projects with corporates.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Highlights
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Courses & Fees
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Admissions 2021
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Admission Details:
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam offers admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. GASC admission to the undergraduate courses will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by a single-window counselling process. Admission to the postgraduate courses will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination and for MCA courses, applicants have to appear for the state-level counselling process. Students can check the details of Gobi Arts and Science College admission process in the article below:
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
PG [3 Years Program(s)]
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Student Reviews
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Facilities
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Facilities:
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam provides several infrastructural facilities for the students and staff such as laboratories to give them practical knowledge for better learning, canteen to serve food to the students, auditorium to conduct events/functions, seminar halls for seminars/meetings. GASC also provides indoor and outdoor sports facilities, separate hostels for boys and girls, a library with a collection of books. Various other facilities like the temple, restroom, wi-fi, banks, etc are also available for them.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Gallery
Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The college has boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
The college has a library facility for all students.
The college has sports facilities for all students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a good networking for the alumni association.
The college has Gym facility for the students.
The college has departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 10 Mar 2025 ; CGPA : 3.04